• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPORTANT NOTICE --About Final Round XIII--

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ok, so.

Shin Blanka is, at the moment, nice enough to have Smash (melee and brawl) at FRXIII this year. For those of you who don't know what exactly Final Round is, it's the second biggest fighting game national in the nation. Second to evo.

If you can wrap your head around that, you can start putting together what sorts of things you can get out of this.

Wanna go and just play? That's kool.
Play other games? Major comp for those too.
Ever have an idol in a game? They're more-than-likely going to be there.

But here's the problem (and the reason why I'm posting this notice to begin with)

only 3 months until fr13. Looks like no one cares if ANY smash is at FR. I'll give it until the new year(JAN 1, 2010), but if the pre reg list hasn't atleast doubled by then smash WILL BE CANCELED! I'm not going to support a scene that doesn't support/respect my efforts to bring smash to the main stream fighting scene. The choice is up to you guys! I'm through pleding with you guys. Either you show support or smash is gone forever. to pre reg please goto www.finalround.org to get all the details for fr13.
Ya see, smash isn't exactly a big draw at these events. Now, I could go into my whole list of why's and why not's, but that's not important.

What is important is that a largely publicized tournament is offering to, once again, shine some light on smash. Whether it be big or small, they're willing to give us another chance. (and trust me, it won't be the SMALLEST thing there. Atleast we can play on the big screen if we ask and don't ***** about whatever tv finals are on.)

____

SO. What I'm asking you to do. Is to pre-reg

You put no money down. Pre-regging will basically say "Hey, I'm interested in going."

You can register for multiple stuff on the site (it's fairly simple to navigate), yada yada.

Some quick things to note:
In the event melee goes down, the rules will more-than-likely (not guaranteed, but more-than-likely) change to reflect the new ruleset that came out. :dizzy::dizzy:

If it does go down, I'm also going to sit down and try to revamp those rules so it doesn't look like you need a **** degree to play it. (Major turn-off compared to simple stuff like "BYOC, No Shouldering, Default Round Settings"

___

Uuum, that's pretty much it. Tourneys like this, contrary to the community's belief, are actually VERY good for us. It's one of our 3 pools to bring new people into the game (the other two being straight newbies, and then brawl players...). If at nothing else, you can just go and have a good time.

Unless something crazy happens, I'm going to be there regardless. A good bit of the GA Melee community is going to be there as well. Worst case scenario, somebody will probably have a cube on them.

So again, pre-reg, make it happen, have some fun. All that jazz.

*END OF RELEVANT POST*
~Dogysamich
~Co-signed by Mike G

(small sidenote: Yes, brawl is in the same situation. If you guys want brawl, do work for your game. Not only is it not my problem, but you guys are already in horrible standing for what happened last year for FRXII, along with the constant problems at GA tourneys since then. That's really ALL they know about brawl, actually.)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm

I'll see, o: I'll let other Alabamians know though because Nice1 is sure to be at this, and AL loves Nice1

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, if AL wants any testimony to how monumental this tourney is, you guys should ask Nice1 about it. We've had some great times at FRXI and FRXII.

This year, we're supposed to square off in SF4. I'm hoping I can con my way on the big screen so I can get him with some dumb shenanigans. It'll be hilarious regardless.

___

I'm not going to lie, I had fun during brawl finals last year. I spent the entire time trash talking CO18 in front of his entire family (and i mean ENTIRE). It was good fun. Even his family was gettin involved by the end of it.

I wish I could find video of it. As much as I hate brawl, I'd love to have some of that going down again.

BUT IF YOU GUYS DONT PREREG, WE WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ALL THAT :/

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
FR does not clash with my schedule with this year - will definitely be going unless the gods stop me

major props to shin - he just wants us to get our act together (and i don't blame him - we kind of suck)

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Final Round is a great, great tournament. I've been there the last two years and I will be there next year as well. Please support the scene and come even if you only play Smash. You'll have a great time. :)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Right before clicking submit I decided to double check the dates... Melee is going to be run entirely on Friday? There's no way any oos people can make that (at least not ones with normal school/work schedules).

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Ok i will go ahead and pre register..Ill tell IH(Link player) to pre register to..Hope this doesnt get cancelled

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I just got a text from Jamaal about this. I would like to pre-register, but major tourney organizers always seem to have a problem with any controllers other than a gamecube controller. :( Is it possible for that rule to change any time soon?

nice1

Smash Lord
i remember telling a few peeps at one of tha TCS tourneys but yea guys yall got a few days to make some progress but regardless if smash is n or out dogy, me, mike g and marty (hopefully they come) and a few others are gonna have a blast. the previous two years i've been have been an incredible experience. **** felt like six flags the first time i went lmao and each year FR has gotten better and better. dogy trash talking Co18 peeps was very funny also. i think it was his GF or Father saying that smash was gonna have a bigger pot then SF4 cuz it was a 20 entry fee. i had to tell pops over 200 peeps entered sf4 and tha pot size was over 2k his face was like O_o lmao. See yall there
p.s. dogy i'm comming for ya win or lose you still look like a struck match

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i really do want to pre-register for this and help out, but im definitely not going to have 30 dollars extra to pay for pre-reg before 1/1, not with pound4 right around the corner. But you can definitely put me down for any brawl events and SFIV

Purple

Hi guys!
i just thought i'd say.

Brawl is straight for FRXIII, but that doesn't mean don't preregister, and don't hype this, i sent a message to everyone on my phone to pre-register, i had very minimal responses, some of the people that responded didn't even register

come on guys.. ;/

Umby

Smash Master
i really do want to pre-register for this and help out, but im definitely not going to have 30 dollars extra to pay for pre-reg before 1/1, not with pound4 right around the corner. But you can definitely put me down for any brawl events and SFIV
Pre-reg is free. Shin just wants to see the Smash interest by the time New Year's hits. The actual deadline for paying $30 online instead of $35 at the door isn't until February.

I just got a text from Jamaal about this. I would like to pre-register, but major tourney organizers always seem to have a problem with any controllers other than a gamecube controller. :( Is it possible for that rule to change any time soon?
If there is an actual problem with Wiimotes, we can put in a good word for the "take your batteries out" rule and try and make it happen.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
If you do go to this and drive to this, can I have a spot in your car.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
**** you guys if you dont care about this ****.
seriosuly.
i will **** you up.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i just thought i'd say.

Brawl is straight for FRXIII, but that doesn't mean don't preregister, and don't hype this, i sent a message to everyone on my phone to pre-register, i had very minimal responses, some of the people that responded didn't even register

come on guys.. ;/
I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $35 to play smash in my own state. That's a ****ing ridiculous price to play with people that I can play with for much less or for free. And I don't have a setup that I could bring either. The only reason I'd be willing to pay the $35 is because I feel bad for ShinBlanka and I want his tournament to be successful, but right now, I can barely afford the Waba events. I'd just prefer to use that $35 for 3-4 other smash events instead of spending it all at one time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If you do go to this and drive to this, can I have a spot in your car.
im definitely not driving to this. im getting a ride if i do go

ive driven to atlanta 3 times for tourneys. my turn is over

Player-1

Smash Legend
If I just now pre registered and I'm bringing a set up, what is the total cost with brawl singles counted into it?

Umby

Smash Master
If I just now pre registered and I'm bringing a set up, what is the total cost with brawl singles counted into it?
Iirc, if FR takes your setup, your badge is free, so after that you only have to pay for the tournament you're entering. Brawl singles is $10.

edit: ****it, BBQQ.

Yes. BBQQ.

Top Bottom