• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Importance of SHTL?

meepxzero

Smash Master
Wait till more people pick up this char then u wont hold so dearly that ur better than everyone here except tkd. Everyone has been through the dilemma of beating their friends and watching vids assuming they are better than everyone else. Happen to me in my melee days then i went to a tourney and realized how much garb i was cuz i couldnt even move as fluently as a ton of people.

Fox has so much potential as a character that a lot of people havent seen. Hes got the aerial mobility of wario, speed of sonic, killing ability of snake, and a ***** laser to camp all day with. So what if he dies in 3 hits? if played to perfection he never gets touched and hes pretty much a character u can play reading off the opponents moves beacuse hes so fast. Fox is like the akuma of brawl its just people stay away from him because hes so difficult to use.

lol back to the topic.... Does anyones hands get tired of shtl all the time? :ohwell: This technique literally kills my hand lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hey you should post more Meep. Also no I don't get tire my way feels very natural and doesn't bother me. I don't know I guess I'm just to finger pain cause I play bass drum in the drumline.

PBnJ

Smash Cadet
My my Im trying to be nice but Ill just say it now neither of you 3 could beat me actually I doubt you could even take a stock. you guys are a joke who are

You are unknown to the smash world and you probably will stay that way while im just getting into the scene and will most likily shut you guys up

LMAO you guys are funny
Oh for sure yeah, I'm an unknown smasher. And that's how I like it.

And no 4Bidden, YOU are way too funny <3 <3 <3
You're definitely the reason I read the fox-board stuff still!

When is the next tourney in your region that you're going to attend? Get your matches recorded for sure. EVERYBODY here wants to see them. Really badly.

@Iblis marching band is da bess. How many people do you have in the band total?

@Topic: SHTL doesn't hurt my hands.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Wait till more people pick up this char then u wont hold so dearly that ur better than everyone here except tkd. Everyone has been through the dilemma of beating their friends and watching vids assuming they are better than everyone else. Happen to me in my melee days then i went to a tourney and realized how much garb i was cuz i couldnt even move as fluently as a ton of people.

Fox has so much potential as a character that a lot of people havent seen. Hes got the aerial mobility of wario, speed of sonic, killing ability of snake, and a ***** laser to camp all day with. So what if he dies in 3 hits? if played to perfection he never gets touched and hes pretty much a character u can play reading off the opponents moves beacuse hes so fast. Fox is like the akuma of brawl its just people stay away from him because hes so difficult to use.

lol back to the topic.... Does anyones hands get tired of shtl all the time? :ohwell: This technique literally kills my hand lol.
Lol Meep, what are your current controls for SHTL? Is it still with taunts?

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman

I dont think ppl will start using foxes because they see a good player using him. They would rather just pick up MK and get just as far with less effort.

Also I wasnt holding it dear I just claimed it and a lot off posters got pissed off lol.

Actually I play worse against my friends than I do against others because they know the way I play so well because we have been playing together for a year.

I respect your input though but I dont think it applies though

EDIT: And no my hands do not get tired from SHTL. What setup do you use?

I'm pretty sure the majority of the east coast of smashers know who I am.

Just saying =3
Alright excluding NeverKnowsBest lol not everyone is a random but I say about 85% of the posters are including myself.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I dont think ppl will start using foxes because they see a good player using him. They would rather just pick up MK and get just as far with less effort.

Also I wasnt holding it dear I just claimed it and a lot off posters got pissed off lol.

Actually I play worse against my friends than I do against others because they know the way I play so well because we have been playing together for a year.

I respect your input though but I dont think it applies though

EDIT: And no my hands do not get tired from SHTL. What setup do you use?

Alright excluding NeverKnowsBest lol not everyone is a random but I say about 85% of the posters are including myself.
most people who go to tourneys KNOW several people personally.while a good portion of people are not ranked they aren't not known if that makes sense.

I mean you do know someone after hanging out with them for 5 hours at a tournament. I guarantee if you went to 20 tournaments in your region you would be well known even if you suck

meepxzero

Smash Master
i still laser with taunts but ive alternated it where i only need it for triple lasers and not double lasers anymore (helps a lot so i dont overwhelm my left hand). I guess its cuz i laser an absurd amount of lasers than the average fox.

It only hurts when i buffer it for a long time.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
i still laser with taunts but ive alternated it where i only need it for triple lasers and not double lasers anymore (helps a lot so i dont overwhelm my left hand). I guess its cuz i laser an absurd amount of lasers than the average fox.

It only hurts when i buffer it for a long time.
I honestly think you should try out using x or y as your special Meep, and focus on using R+A to grab.

(I assume you still grab with x.)

When Fox grabs with R+A the range is better and there is less lag at the end of the lag (Fox doesn't lunge forward.)

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think you should try out using x or y as your special Meep, and focus on using R+A to grab.

(I assume you still grab with x.)

When Fox grabs with R+A the range is better and there is less lag at the end of the lag (Fox doesn't lunge forward.)
Agree this will improve consitensy and speed

.AC.

Smash Lord
its easier if you set Z to specials, btw meep is totally right.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
sliding your thumb from x to y (make y your special) is your best bet you will be able to do it nearly 100% of the time from any direction, while your dashing when you about to land when ever trust me thats the best way

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I just do it TKD's way.

Use the top of your thumb to SH with Y, and use the middle of it to laser with B. Buffer the first laser and then fire the other two instead of spamming laser as fast as possible. The rhythm's kinda like YB, BB, repeat.

I don't think there's a best way; you should do what's most comfortable for you, but I just like this way because it keeps the rest of my fingers in their normal positions so I can quickly do other things (like buffer a dash attack or shield-grab on landing). I also don't have to change my controls for this, so I can switch between characters (although I set X to grab, but that doesn't matter in context with the SHTL). I have like 99% consistency with this, and I can also B-reverse SHTL this way lol.

In future if you have any questions regarding Fox in Brawl, please post in the Q&A section. I will allow this topic to remain open since it's so active.

Top Bottom