• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Presents: The impact that killed us all- a NJ brawl tournament. -dec. 27th

Rocann

Smash Lord
3/6 people in our crew had to play R1

of the people that had byes:

spammer
blackwaltz
me
chibo
izumi
dmbrandon
rogue pit
keitaro
fearless

me, blackwaltz, keitaro, and spammer made up top 4, chibo + rogue pit both got 5th. you placed top 9. the only people that underperformed the byes were izumi and fearless, who were both players that were expected to go further.

the byes were fine

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui is tricking people. When I play Snakes I laugh and help them add damage till they are past cg percent. Sometimes I'm able to take off a stock without getting touched once they are past 40%. People need to play this match-up with me so I can show em.
Dude I am going to beat your Falco with Snake. Snake doesn't have any bad match-ups. He's the best character in the game.

POST A REAL FULL RESULTS THREAD IN THE TOURNAMENT RESULTS BOARD.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
beat

Nandryshack
lost- keitaro
beat- Ralza
lost to- graz.

regardless, my place came out to 13th.. i think im missing a match... idk lol

Eazy23

Smash Lord
3/6 people in our crew had to play R1

of the people that had byes:

spammer-obvious bye
blackwaltz-obvious bye
me-not an obvious bye
chibo-I guess obvious bye
izumi-I guess obvious bye
dmbrandon- I guess obvious bye
rogue pit-not obvious bye( regardless of doing well, the byes are based off of previous placings and reputation)
keitaro-obvious bye
fearless- obvious bye because he is a name from fl? really?

me, blackwaltz, keitaro, and spammer made up top 4, chibo + rogue pit both got 5th. you placed top 9. the only people that underperformed the byes were izumi and fearless, who were both players that were expected to go further.

the byes were fine
My statement was based off of the bracket image that keitaro posted. In THAT tournament, there was no particular reason where my first round opponent was more difficult than say my little brother's was.
With those with byes taken out of the picture, it left the following.
tbagz v johny falco mexi vs ralza lk vs sugar pryde vs eazy graz vs litez .com vs dave kru vs axe. Now you may not be familiar with the nj smash community, however, pride and myself are the only and I reapeat the ONLY nj ranked players to have had a match r1. Explain to me why the two best players who didnt get a bye had to fight eachother, while everyone else had no names? It's not a big deal, so its whatever. But as someone who is learning about bracket making etc, Im trying to see the logic behind it.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Dude I am going to beat your Falco with Snake. Snake doesn't have any bad match-ups. He's the best character in the game.

POST A REAL FULL RESULTS THREAD IN THE TOURNAMENT RESULTS BOARD.
I'm willing to bet that you won't beat his falco with snake. I mean in theory snake may win the matchup. But taking 40 damage at the start of every stock is pretty dam inconvenient. Also, the fact that yehs has a significantly better snake than you do, and keitaro beats him often, doesn't do much for your assumption that you would beat keitaro.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
keitaro urs is still wrong, just use mine (though i messed up nandryshacks name), kyuu played ax first round. spammer got a bye

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
This tourney sounds like it went horribly wrong :laugh: I'll try seeding next time if people don't mind me using their laptop.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm willing to bet that you won't beat his falco with snake. I mean in theory snake may win the matchup. But taking 40 damage at the start of every stock is pretty dam inconvenient. Also, the fact that yehs has a significantly better snake than you do, and keitaro beats him often, doesn't do much for your assumption that you would beat keitaro.
It's only 30%, and I still have the advantage. Falco dies at 90%-100% while I die at 150%+.

How much are you willing to bet?

Yes!'s Snake isn't significantly better than mine, or even better at all. ~_~

Please don't say horrifyingly stupid things to cause e-arguments again.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I rarely ever kill Snake at %150. He's usually dead by %95 to %120.

Sadly I'm just stating these things without stating why they're true because I'd rather show you when we play :D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This tourney sounds like it went horribly wrong :laugh: I'll try seeding next time if people don't mind me using their laptop.
there was nothing wrong except for one mess up in round 1, which no one even bothered to point out when matches started
the top8 placings still ended up as they should have

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I rarely ever kill Snake at %150. He's usually dead by %95 to %120.

Sadly I'm just stating these things without stating why they're true because I'd rather show you when we play :D
Sorry but I'm not going to get hit by your random f-smashes or put myself in situations where you'll gimp me.

lol @ Snake EVER dying at 95%

or even below 120% at all in any match-up

lmao

dmbrandon

Smash Master
there was nothing wrong except for one mess up in round 1, which no one even bothered to point out when matches started
Everyone pointed it out, and you shrugged. Don't come to NJ, plz.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I've killed Snake at 75 percent >_> I still won't explain cause I says so :p
And?

You're not killing me before 120% ever.

Much better players than you have tried and failed to gimp me or w/e.

I survived Lucas's full charged d-smash at 90% with Snake on Battlefield while playing against Ghaleon.

Falco isn't killing a good Snake for a while...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The fact that there's more than one tio file, and that something did go wrong, means something went wrong :laugh:

dm bring your lappytop and we can seed a bracket at the next obscure tourney :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
And?

You're not killing me before 120% ever.

Much better plays than you have tried and failed to gimp me or w/e.

I survived Lucas's full charged d-smash at 90% with Snake on Battlefield while playing against Ghaleon.

Falco isn't killing a good Snake for a while...
And Yes! is sexy.

Yes I am, cuz I main snake.

*players :p

Who's Ghaleon lol

Falco's gay, but not when snake blows himself up :)

Edit: Double Post but i don't give a crap lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
or even below 120% at all in any match-up

lmao
G&W: 9, upsmash
Zelda: jesus foot, upair
Snake dittos: dair, fsmash, uptilt --> blow up sticky c4
Luigi - up B
DK: 9 punch

Pretty sure there's more than that :bee:

Curious how he managed to hit you with a fully charged Dsmash, but you claim Falco will never be able to land an Fsmash on you.
**** imo

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Curious how he managed to hit you with a fully charged Dsmash, but you claim Falco will never be able to land an Fsmash on you.
Translation: Quit life(?)

:laugh:

as snake, i'd say the gay tier list would be

Dedede- 1 grab can do at most 50%
Falco- cg forces me to do 30% to myself, lazers can be annoying
MK- shuttle loop and double tornado (thanks dm and shadow :laugh:)
ZSS- idk wtf to do lmaooo
Inui- still **** talks my snake even after I 2 stocked him 3 times in a row in winners finals 3-0 :( still <3 tho

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Wait wait wait wait wait. I'm causing an E argument by stating that someone who MAINS snake has a better character than you do, when he has done MUCH more with snake than you ever have? Your pride is so sensitive and its funny that you can't take even a child dose of your own medicine. If It were you typing it, it would have said, "Yehs is signigicantly better than you". I just said his snake was, because he has proven it time and time again.

I'm willing to bet 1 dollar for every single match you do with keitaro. So if you sit and play for an hour, the win/loss ratio will equal the amount paid.

When do you train in this matchup Inui? Or is this just some talk, and then when you lose, falco will become the hailed best character in the game. Cuz of course, no one can just beat you because...they beat you.

Also, this isn't me stating that I think falco beats snake or anything. But I do feel as tho your confidence is severely misplaced, unless you train with sk92 everyday and night and actually have proven to know what you're talking about. Because there was a time when you ragged on about knowing how 2 fight snake with meta, and now....

Keitaro

so...what were the results?
Here ya go
Doubles!!

~Bracket Image~

1: Keitaro & Izumi
2: Blackwaltz & dmbrandon
3: Chibosempai & Rogue Pit
4: Fearless & Andy G
5: Mexi & Zero
5: teh_spamerer & Lord Knight
7: Tbagz & Ralza
7: Eazy & Litez
9: Ax & Graz

Singles!!

~Bracket Image~

1: teh_spamerer
2: Blackwaltz
3: Andy G
4: Keitaro
5: Chibosempai
5: Rogue Pit
7: MexiMadnez
7: dmbrandon
9: Graz
9: Fearless
9: prYde
9: Eazy
13: Tbagz
13: Lord Knight
13: .com
13: dave
17: Sugar
17: Johnny Falco
17: Litez
17: Izumi
17: Ax

I recreated it with all the information ya'll posted. Thanks!!

@ Chibi/Tbagz: Either of you can take this info and make a results if you'd like.

prYde

Smash Cadet
Rogue Pit is the biggest sand bagger I have ever met ;P Even worse than fearless..

Keitaro

Rogue Pit is the biggest sand bagger I have ever met ;P Even worse than fearless..
OMG, holy **** does he be sandbagging in friendlies.

Rogue you *******!! :laugh:

I was in for a huge surprise 1st match vs him in tourney :dizzy:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
And so, the Dragon Master Brandon went out on a quest to slay the mighty down smash charging Ghaleon. With his e-hatred and trusty metaknight steed, there was little that could stop him.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
And so, the Dragon Master Brandon went out on a quest to slay the mighty down smash charging Ghaleon. With his e-hatred and trusty metaknight steed, there was little that could stop him.
Ghaleon must be stopped and ****. He's gonna take over teh werld

Top Bottom