• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
I honestly don't mind either one but some Skyward Sword representation would be nice (I like the artstyle of the game).
Yeah the game has on of the best aesthetics of the entire franchise, which makes all the stranger why it's the game with the least amount representation in smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes am also quite upset with the lack of Skyward Sword content in Smash this time. The items and Skyloft don't make up for the lack of a playable character. With all the promotion Skyward Sword got, I would've sweared this game would receive a lot of content in Smash this time. Impa would've been the perfect choice I still believe.

I wouldn't be upset at all by Hyrule Warriors' Impa at all. Cause after all, it's Impa. But I to do prefer the tanned look of Skyward Sword Impa. But the weapon-orientated fighting styles of Hyrule Warrior' Impa do make up for interessting playstyles, so if they can roll with that and make a great character- by all means do!

Am certain Impa, regardless of which design is used, will make for a great playable character in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's been rumors going around that there'll be a Zelda line of amiibos. The series only has 3 major reoccurring characters and there's a Tingle one rumored so inless the rest are different versions of Zelda and Link (Sheik, Toon, Young, Tera ect.) Impa's chances are about 75%

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
There's been rumors going around that there'll be a Zelda line of amiibos. The series only has 3 major reoccurring characters and there's a Tingle one rumored so inless the rest are different versions of Zelda and Link (Sheik, Toon, Young, Tera ect.) Impa's chances are about 75%
Well it could be a Zelda U line of amiibos, specifically using characters from that game and for all we know tingle could be one of them.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well it could be a Zelda U line of amiibos, specifically using characters from that game and for all we know tingle could be one of them.
Now I really want Tingle in Zelda U lol. I think they should have a bunch of Zelda characters in that game honestly. Fill it up with some more notable characters so we can see them having a more important role (Impa and Tingle would be nice).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Now I really want Tingle in Zelda U lol. I think they should have a bunch of Zelda characters in that game honestly. Fill it up with some more notable characters so we can see them having a more important role (Impa and Tingle would be nice).
Eh, I'm not sure, I mean we have Hyrule Warriors for that. Impa and Tingle would be fine but I don't want many more. I think it'd be nice if they referenced other characters though, like they could have descendants of Ruto, Nabooru, Darunia and have them be referenced or something like that. Maybe they could also have some reference to the Twilight realm or the Skyloftians.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Eh, I'm not sure, I mean we have Hyrule Warriors for that. Impa and Tingle would be fine but I don't want many more. I think it'd be nice if they referenced other characters though, like they could have descendants of Ruto, Nabooru, Darunia and have them be referenced or something like that. Maybe they could also have some reference to the Twilight realm or the Skyloftians.
I'm not saying every single reoccuring or semi-important Zelda character. Just a few of the important ones (Tingle and Impa) and then references to others like you said. Impa could be like the leader of a sheikah tribe (I really want this to be a thing with a whole village and stuff).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm not saying every single reoccuring or semi-important Zelda character. Just a few of the important ones (Tingle and Impa) and then references to others like you said. Impa could be like the leader of a sheikah tribe (I really want this to be a thing with a whole village and stuff).
Yes to this so much, I'd love to see what other sheikahs look like, I know Impa's whole thing is that she's the last one left but still.

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
I just want sheikah it would be so interesting to see a living sheikah society it would make for alot of interesting sotryline as for tingle he really isnt important and he is one of my least favorite zelda charecters id be happy without him tvh.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just want sheikah it would be so interesting to see a living sheikah society it would make for alot of interesting sotryline as for tingle he really isnt important and he is one of my least favorite zelda charecters id be happy without him tvh.
Tingle helps you decipher the Triforce charts in Wind Waker and has 3 spin off games (who else got dat. No one). Back to Impa doe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How credible is this rumor about Zelda amiibo? I could certainly see Impa being one of these, as she's really starting to become a reoccurring character. But she'll probably have to appear in Zelda Wii U for that, which I highly suspect she will.

Am still quite bothered with the lack of news about Zelda Wii U. First, the game was "definitely coming out this year", now we can't even get any news about it. It might be on stagnation a little cause of Iwata's death, but I can't imagine why they'd withhold us from anything... Just look at how massively Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword where hyped.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Which Impa would be in WiiU though. There's two general versions, old lady and young ninja. Though the Oracle games mixed it up with something that ended up more like this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Old Impa has only appeared in one console game, and it wasn't even clear she was Impa in the first place. Young ninja Impa has appeared and originated in console 3D Zelda games only. And she was playable as her young self in Hyrule Warriors. So what would make them chose old Impa I wonder?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just want to see more of the Twili and Sheikah in Zelda...both races are so interesting with very intriguing backstories...and theorized to be related as well...

Or we can just have Impa and Midna in Smash...that works too...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd definitely enjoy some shared connection and screentime of both the Sheikah and the Twili as well. That'd make for an awesome backstory to quite a few important titles in the series, most significantly, OOT, TP and SS. I could also see a rivalry between Midna and Impa happening actually, as one would be the one protecting the princess, Zelda and the other one could potentially envy her (Midna, for her kingdom being cast in Twilight). Yes, I could see Midna being as a sort of "lesser evil" or "anti-hero" in a potential next appearance of her, which could take place before TP.

Anyway, am quite positive Impa will be involved in Zelda Wii U, so all there is to do is waiting till Nintendo releases some more information about the game. Which they should, as it's probably their biggest and most ambitious game project at the moment. The death of Iwata could however mean that they'll need more development time though... Otherwise, I believe we could've had a lot shown already (and shown by Iwata himself more than 98% likely :urg: ).

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I hope she's in as DLC. Even if she doesn't make it, there's Zelda U where she could have another major role thus making her a shoe-in for the next Smash. :)

Edit: Ah... Just noticed that both Impa and Elma have white hair... I must be obsessed with old ladies. :troll:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am quite upset about the lack of news about Zelda Wii U currently though. I think it's quite likely Impa will have a major role in it, and if she doesn't end up as DLC this time, am sure Smash 5 will be her time to shine. But honestly, I'd rather have her included now because that'd make Impa even a more steady pick for future Zelda titles. And I think I'd really like to see that after her role in Skyward Sword. But like Ganon(dorf), they shouldn't overuse her.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think we may hear something during the next direct....which...we don't know when exactly that will be...I hope we don't have to wait until e3 next year...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think we may hear something during the next direct....which...we don't know when exactly that will be...I hope we don't have to wait until e3 next year...
Am just gonna call it now, Zelda Wii U will follow the same pattern of Twilight Princess; it will be released on both Wii U and the Nintendo NX.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am just gonna call it now, Zelda Wii U will follow the same pattern of Twilight Princess; it will be released on both Wii U and the Nintendo NX.
It is a scenario a lot of people are predicting...thing is we don't know both the release or even how far along development either one is...Zelda Wii U is 'promised' to be for 2016 at some point, but we are still not even sure if the NX will even be released next year or not...and I feel like we won't even get any further information on the NX until next year's e3...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We haven't seen anything about Zelda Wii U since a long time though. Am quite sure it's being pushed back to at least 2016. Not sure how this will affect Impa's chances though, because if Zelda Wii U is gonna be her title which is gonna "earn" her the inclusion of Smash playability it will probably mean she'll be a newcomer for Smash 5 rather than DLC.

And yes, am pretty sure Twilight Princess was meant for the GameCube when the first trailers showed up. Which came at a much faster rate, albeit somewhat slower than other titles at that time, than Zelda Wii U now.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We haven't seen anything about Zelda Wii U since a long time though. Am quite sure it's being pushed back to at least 2016. Not sure how this will affect Impa's chances though, because if Zelda Wii U is gonna be her title which is gonna "earn" her the inclusion of Smash playability it will probably mean she'll be a newcomer for Smash 5 rather than DLC.

And yes, am pretty sure Twilight Princess was meant for the GameCube when the first trailers showed up. Which came at a much faster rate, albeit somewhat slower than other titles at that time, than Zelda Wii U now.
What I mean is, did they ever say that it wasn't gonna be ported to the Wii?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I believe it was Miyamoto who said that the game will come to the Wii U no matter what. That doesn't mean it won't come to the NX.

I personally expect it will come on NX. Assuming it comes out late next year, the game will have a few differences from the Wii U. If they're targeting the NX console for a release in 2017, I imagine Zelda Wii U will launch next year on Wii U and the NX version will get a remastered version with additional content. Alternatively, they could develop an entirely new Zelda game that uses the same engine as Zelda Wii U.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword didn't share their engine, or at least, I don't think they possibly could with SS's motion-based controls. So I don't think that's quite likely to happen.
What I mean is, did they ever say that it wasn't gonna be ported to the Wii?
Nope they didn't mentoin this. Which is why I find it increasingly likely.

Anyway, with Zelda Wii U being potentially pushed back, I could still see Impa being included as DLC based on Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bumping the thread for this:

So, after some research, I looked into the SourceGaming polls answers and roughly got an answer as to "most popular character". I took the # of votes from the 4 and 5 section, and got a percentage out of the total votes in that specific section of the polls. For instance, let's say there's 100 votes for one poll, and 20 people said "Yes" to Wolf, then it'd be 20%.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised at what I saw. Now, keep in mind this is in no way official, and is just me investigating. The polls aren't done yet whatsoever, so there's still a chance for things to drastically change.
  1. Wolf (71.1%)
  2. Inkling (68.3%)
  3. Isaac / Ice Climbers (66.3%)
  4. King K. Rool (64.6%)
  5. Snake (63.8%)
  6. Bomberman / Banjo & Kazooie (56.5%)
  7. Dixie Kong (51.9%)
  8. Shovel Knight (51.5%)
  9. Chibi-Robo (49.9%)
  10. Impa (48.4%)
  11. Shantae (48.1%)
  12. Bandanna Dee / Rayman (45.2%)
  13. Wonder Red (45%)
  14. Ridley (44.2%)
  15. Phoenix Wright / Simon Belmont (43.2%)
Honorable mentions are (in order): Prof. Layton, Tetra, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Krystal, Squirtle, Bayonetta, Ivysaur, Amaterasu, Captain Toad, Takamaru, Black Shadow, Skull Kid, Masked Link, Midna, Sceptile, Ray MK III, Black Mage, Chorus Kids, Viewtiful Joe, Eggman, Andy of Advance Wars, Hades and Ashley.

I'm personally surprised at Isaac surpassing K. Rool, or seeing Bomberman / Chibi-Robo up so high.
This probably means Impa is a far more popular pick than people estimate her for.

I often get the arguement "Impa is Legend of Zelda rep, the character" or "she's only popular because she is expected". Well am quite sure this is a strong counter-arguement, otherwise why would Impa rank so highly. Chrom was also a popular pick because he was expected, but he never would beat Ridley in a poll, like Impa does now.

We could be seeing good things people...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Bumping the thread for this:

This probably means Impa is a far more popular pick than people estimate her for.

I often get the arguement "Impa is Legend of Zelda rep, the character" or "she's only popular because she is expected". Well am quite sure this is a strong counter-arguement, otherwise why would Impa rank so highly. Chrom was also a popular pick because he was expected, but he never would beat Ridley in a poll, like Impa does now.

We could be seeing good things people...
Playing devil's advocate here, Ridley's not exactly where he was popularity-wise before Chrom got disconfirmed. With the official "too big" statement by Sakurai, and Pyrosphere having him as a hazard, Ridley's kind of dead at the moment. He's not the giant he was during the early days of speculah, his support has died down quite a lot. So comparing Impa to Ridley isn't really a fair point. If she were to pass a character like Dixie or K. Rool, characters who aren't in any type of NPC role in-game and have had an extremely large presence in speculation since Day 1, that'd be noteworthy. Hell, passing Rayman to me is a good sign.

Either way, if Impa does get in, I'd like to see what they do with her. A lot of characters (Rosalina, Bowser Jr) have been pushed aside by me because they'd supposedly be clones/semi-clones, and if she can give me something that isn't Sheik / Zelda clone, I'm all for it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I honestly think they'll refrain from making her too much like Zelda or Sheik because at one point, Zelda and Sheik where 1 character and having a (semi)clone of just one of these characters would probably weird Sakurai out. However, since the split anything is possible. And Skyward Sword's Impa would work quite well as a (semi)clone of Sheik to be honest.

But yes, Ridley isn't the giant anymore like he used to be. I'll agree on that. But he's beating internet fads as Shantae, Rayman, Bandana Dee and Wonder Red, which I already think is a great sign! Truth to be told, there's quite a big gap for Impa to fill as a new Zelda character, much like the DKC characters are in heavy need to fill a gapping hole in the roster.

So combining the fact she could be easy to create (as a semi-clone, think :4feroy::4lucas::4falco:), has a steady future in the Zelda series, has a lot of recent apperances and is rising in popularity... I think her chances are way better than a lot of people give her credit for.

Uhhh just so no one gets mad but I didn't intend to miss inviting you. I missed like 3 other big threads. This one was so far back i didn't even look that far.

Diddy just got an invite so he'll see it when he comes back.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Uhhh just so no one gets mad but I didn't intend to miss inviting you. I missed like 3 other big threads. This one was so far back i didn't even look that far.

Diddy just got an invite so he'll see it when he comes back.
It's cool considering how dead this thread's been, I can't really say I blame you

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sup peeps, back again, alive and kicking but just here in time for the closure it seems.

Always thought that Impa's chances would grow significantly ever since it was revealed we getting more than 3 DLC characters, most likely. I have a hard time picturing 4 all completely unique movesets in the timeframe of development, so semi-clones as Impa, Dixie Kong and Wolf become considerably more likely. Especially since all 3 come from major Nintendo franchises who haven't had a newcomer since last installment (Brawl).

I haven't yet found out where I can find the invitation btw guys, any help would be appriciated.

It was awesome seeing Impa's support grow out so huge during the speculation era. At first, she was totally frowned upon because she'd challenge Sheik's veteran status but now at the end, things are looking better for her than ever. And am 100% sure that if Impa isn't making it in as DLC, she'll be a frontrunner for Smash 5.

With all things considered, I see us as one of the most "succesful" character speculators / supporters, because hardly any character has grown so much in significance and support than Impa. For that, I give you all my heartfelt appriciation. Hope to see you guys in the social group!

Top Bottom