• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
No they indeed made up the Giant Sword fighting style in Hyrule Warriors. And I think that personally, it's a great style fitting for Smash. Imagine a agile, light weighted character with long range, heavy blows and great jumps? Not exactly a rushdown character, because she'd probably have too much endlag for that, but still it's an archetype that's not yet into Smash. The only thing I imagine comes close is :4shulk: on Speed / Jump Monado Arts.

Still, Hyrule Warriors now is getting a 3DS release- so that makes it far more possible to get any sort of notice in Smash Bros. And Impa is Link's first actual ally in that game, and the two handed blade style was first used by Link, in Ocarina of Time. So it's certainly a quite iconic fighting style, even if Impa totally does something else with it than Link. Look at how many weapon styles Link has in Hyrule Warriors, but none for the Biggorron Sword. Young Link comes closest with the Fierce Deity Mask, but it's Impa who has the actual Biggorron Sword.

I'm actually down for Impa in all sort of ways. I'd accept her inspired by Hyrule Warriors, with either the Biggorron Sword, or Naginata - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9x4yjxKis , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwWTYcFgHZo - or even better, a combination of both styles, where she summons both weapons through magic (like she does in the videos, with the elemental spears as projectiles and the weapons actually being summoned out of nothing, like :4greninja: does it).

Or, if we're getting Skyward Sword Impa, I'd want her to use the Timeshift Orbs to manipulate time, and use her barrier to be a more defensive character, being a sort of mix between :4zelda: and :4sheik:. Zoning with magical powerful attacks, and casting barriers like :4zelda:. But agile and combo-based as :4sheik:. Maybe make her more defensive than both to.

And yet another possibility is her being a semi-clone of :4sheik:, but with statistical changes added to her. Imagine :4mario: and :4drmario: or :4luigi:. Yet, I feel that :4sheik: and Impa could easily be as unique compared to each other as the likes of :4marth: in relation to :4myfriends:. Or :4kirby: in relation to :4jigglypuff:. Definiate similarities, but still hugely different and can only be compared on a shallow level.

Remember how everyone said that :rosalina: could never get in due to being too similar to :4peach:?
Same was said about :4bowserjr: in relation to :4bowser:.

Am really looking out for when they release :wolf:, cause if they could create :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: in such a short time, the time they might've spend what we think is development time for Wolf and a Ballot Character, could actually be spend on more semi-clones like :wolf::4feroy::4lucas:... And I easily think that Impa and Dixie Kong are the best contenders for these extra DLC character. Both are from relatively big series with no newcomer yet, so they are saver additions than most others. And they've recently showed up their face again in their respective franchises- and both are actually famous enough for most DKC and Zelda fans to recognise.

I really hope am right with this all. Because whatever will happen with the choice of a Ballot Character, I'd be more than satisfied with the roster if it has both Impa and Dixie Kong.

EDIT: Moveset I made just now:

but sakurai was devolving the 3 dlc charecters for a while he said so and i think i heard that theres no more dlc until ballot that makes me feel like we wont see wolf as much as i would love him but im sure if that was true

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They are at least working on something, and if that's just the one ballot winner, I don't think they'd let the ballot open and running till October. And in the meanwhile, surprise us with 3 DLC characters, 2 which where meant to come as a 'big surprise'. Well I think Smash Wii U's DLC will keep running for a while, because we're probably not gonna see Smash for NX till 2020. So, Smash Wii U needs to keep the fanbase satisfied till that. Extra DLC characters seem like perfect marketing strategy. And am thinking Impa might be one of these characters that might get added down the line, or coupled with Hyrule Warriors 3DS, or Zelda Wii U.

As for Wolf, am sure he'll be back. But it might be later than we expect.

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
They are at least working on something, and if that's just the one ballot winner, I don't think they'd let the ballot open and running till October. And in the meanwhile, surprise us with 3 DLC characters, 2 which where meant to come as a 'big surprise'. Well I think Smash Wii U's DLC will keep running for a while, because we're probably not gonna see Smash for NX till 2020. So, Smash Wii U needs to keep the fanbase satisfied till that. Extra DLC characters seem like perfect marketing strategy. And am thinking Impa might be one of these characters that might get added down the line, or coupled with Hyrule Warriors 3DS, or Zelda Wii U.

As for Wolf, am sure he'll be back. But it might be later than we expect.
i can see them promoting star fox zero with wolf dlc maybe you get free wolf dlc codes in each game idk but i would hope we would see wlf aggain the most unique spacie

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am mostly hoping that Wolf also brings back some other semi-clone characters. I can't believe that Sakurai is just working on one character alone at this time. And again, I think bringing some new semi-clones would be ideal for marketing, time development, money, and pleasing fans. To play it safe, Sakurai could easily opt for choosing characters from very popular, well-established series, as Donkey Kong and Zelda so that most of the fanbase will react positively. To top this, both Sheik and Diddy Kong are very popular characters, so having a semi-clone of both wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe am looking at this too optimistically, but am really thinking that Impa, as well as Dixie Kong, are very likely to be added as DLC down the line.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Dropping in to say I definitely support Impa. Zelda is my favorite Nintendo franchise so more Zelda stuff is always nice. I'm not sure how others feel, but I'd love if she took inspiration from Hyrule Warriors. I can easily imagine her using the Giant's Knife as a weapon. Or the Naginata, which I personally find more fun to use in HW.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Dropping in to say I definitely support Impa. Zelda is my favorite Nintendo franchise so more Zelda stuff is always nice. I'm not sure how others feel, but I'd love if she took inspiration from Hyrule Warriors. I can easily imagine her using the Giant's Knife as a weapon. Or the Naginata, which I personally find more fun to use in HW.
I wouldn't mind it although I'd definitely prefer if she took inspiration from her Skyward Sword design or even a possible Zelda U design

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Zelda Wii U, why haven't we heard about this game since... forever?

Anyway, loving how Impa is doing well on Blue's poll. Seems she has a lot more popularity than people give her credit for, something I noticed many a times during the speculation times. Therefore, I still think Impa is easily the best choice for a Zelda newcomer.

Am really hoping to see something of Zelda Wii U soon, because I'm dying to know if Impa is involved in Zelda Wii U somehow. I still think that she'll be in the game, seeing as key locations as Death Mountain, Hyrule Castle (also Castle Town) and Kakariko Village have seemingly returned. Therefore, I think it's extremely likely we'll see Impa in Zelda Wii U.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean there's Tingle. No. Okay, I'll leave.
Brawl was his moment, as back then he still had his spin-offs. Tingle hasn't done anything significant in the series since a long time. Only reason people still talk about him is the ports of Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. With him being a well-established Assist Trophy now, I cannot see him ever being promoted to playable.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Brawl was his moment, as back then he still had his spin-offs. Tingle hasn't done anything significant in the series since a long time. Only reason people still talk about him is the ports of Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. With him being a well-established Assist Trophy now, I cannot see him ever being promoted to playable.
He's still reoccurring and is playable in Hyrule Warriors. That's saying quite a bit for the Zelda series. The only characters that have reoccurred in the Zelda series that aren't playable in Smash are Impa, Tingle, Vaati, and I think Beedle. #Beedle4Smash #THAAAAANKYOU. Most characters are kind of just one offs. The big thing against him is a majority of people hate him (which is stupid).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He's still reoccurring and is playable in Hyrule Warriors. That's saying quite a bit for the Zelda series. The only characters that have reoccurred in the Zelda series that aren't playable in Smash are Impa, Tingle, Vaati, and I think Beedle. #Beedle4Smash #THAAAAANKYOU. Most characters are kind of just one offs. The big thing against him is a majority of people hate him (which is stupid).
Tingle has a strong hate-base, that's already quite enough of a reason to choose him as a playable character in Smash Bros., where popularity does matter quite a lot.

If Impa's only real competition is Tingle, Vaati and Beedle, I see a lot of reasons to become more confident in her actually. :laugh: :smirk: I think it's better to compare Impa's chances with the likes of Tetra or Toon Zelda, as they are the other 'more likely' potential Zelda DLC characters.

Realistically, I can only see Impa having a bright future in the main series of Zelda from all these characters though. So again, I'm strongly feeling that Impa might be the character chosen first to become playable. If not now, then definitely in Smash 5.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tingle hasn't quite done anything impactful in the games he appears in, other than empty your wallet...he's pretty much the definitive side character...of those you listed Impa has much greater history and importance to the series and Vaati being a recurring villain that kinda acts like a second Ganon in a way...it is also worth noting that most people in Hyrule Warriors weren't too happy to have Tingle over another recurring character being the Skull Kid...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Tingle hasn't quite done anything impactful in the games he appears in, other than empty your wallet...he's pretty much the definitive side character...of those you listed Impa has much greater history and importance to the series and Vaati being a recurring villain that kinda acts like a second Ganon in a way...it is also worth noting that most people in Hyrule Warriors weren't too happy to have Tingle over another recurring character being the Skull Kid...
I was just really saying I like Tingle and I want him to be playable. So much people hate him, its unfair. I want Impa too, but Tingle is my boi.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still find it appalling that people think characters as Tetra, Young Link and Tingle are more likely than Impa because they are added as Hyrule Warriors DLC characters even though Impa was already in the main game. And, like Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik, she has had a new design completely for the game. Plus, she's Link's first ally. I really don't see any reason to include any other Zelda character besides Impa.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I still find it appalling that people think characters as Tetra, Young Link and Tingle are more likely than Impa because they are added as Hyrule Warriors DLC characters even though Impa was already in the main game. And, like Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Sheik, she has had a new design completely for the game. Plus, she's Link's first ally. I really don't see any reason to include any other Zelda character besides Impa.
Hell, Tetra was added in a different version of the game that came out a year after the initial release.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I was just really saying I like Tingle and I want him to be playable. So much people hate him, its unfair. I want Impa too, but Tingle is my boi.
There's nothing wrong with wanting him, you just didn't present your case that way...I don't particularly hate him but I'd rather not have him apart of smash, mainly because I feel there are many other better candidates from the Zelda franchise...
this is another reason I'm not particularly fond of Toon Link's addition in Brawl...out of all the options a second Link is added? I probably would've welcomed Tingle over Toon Link tbh, because at least he's a different character that would've had a different moveset...

This is pretty much my shortlist for Zelda DLC : Midna>Impa>Ganon>Skull Kid>Ghirahim>Tetra>Toon Zelda>Zant>Vaati>Tingle>Young Link...

As you can tell I'm not fond of the baby Link concept at all...(Masked Young Link would be cool though but that's not happening with no transformations)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
There's nothing wrong with wanting him, you just didn't present your case that way...I don't particularly hate him but I'd rather not have him apart of smash, mainly because I feel there are many other better candidates from the Zelda franchise...
this is another reason I'm not particularly fond of Toon Link's addition in Brawl...out of all the options a second Link is added? I probably would've welcomed Tingle over Toon Link tbh, because at least he's a different character that would've had a different moveset...

This is pretty much my shortlist for Zelda DLC : Midna>Impa>Ganon>Skull Kid>Ghirahim>Tetra>Toon Zelda>Vaati>Tingle>Young Link...

As you can tell I'm not fond of the baby Link concept at all...(Masked Young Link would be cool though but that's not happening with no transformations)
I still think being a one off character lowers chances. Which is why I think Impa has the best chance out of any Zelda character. Tingle is just my favorite.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Impa probably has the best shot as far as Zelda characters go. It's important to consider Toon Zelda and possibly Tetra since they were planned for Brawl. Toon Shiek may have meant something else though.

Now, three of the forbidden seven have returned. The most liked reason is because they're veterans. If Dixie shows up soon, then I think that would mean Sakurai is adding the characters that didn't make it into Brawl. If that's the case, Toon Zelda would have a decent shot.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still think being a one off character lowers chances. Which is why I think Impa has the best chance out of any Zelda character. Tingle is just my favorite.
That's pretty much the biggest argument against Midna, but if any one-off were to be added it would be her...either way she does represent a key concept in the Zelda series being the companions...a concept which is mostly absent in Smash outside of Link's side taunt...well other than Midna's Assist of course...T_T

Either way I would love to see both Link's companion (Midna) and Zelda's companion/guardian (Impa) become playable...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That's pretty much the biggest argument against Midna, but if any one-off were to be added it would be her...either way she does represent a key concept in the Zelda series being the companions...a concept which is mostly absent in Smash outside of Link's side taunt...well other than Midna's Assist of course...T_T

Either way I would love to see both Link's companion (Midna) and Zelda's companion/guardian (Impa) become playable...
#Navi4Smash #HeyListen

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
i hate the idea of tingle in smash 4 but i really doubt that its possible so i dont need to worry about it. as for toon zelda and tetra i wouldnt mind tetra but if they go for a toon zelda character toon sheik does sound incredible but highly unlikely i dont see any reason why impa wouldnt be the perfect ballet charcter for zelda.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Wow I was just coming in here to ask what Zelda character is the most requested but I can see just by the conversation above. XD but Howdy impa fans! ^w^ I'm planning on making a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse in the smash community and I WAS coming here to ask which Zelda newcomers are the most requested that aren't assist trophies but must obviously be Impa , tetra and Toon Zelda. xD unless I'm missing someone . I thought of taking the moveset suggestions from here to show off her potential in the comic. But I never played any Zelda games before so I don't know impa too well.. Could one of you give a brief description of what her personality is like so I can develop her character properly ? :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Wow I was just coming in here to ask what Zelda character is the most requested but I can see just by the conversation above. XD but Howdy impa fans! ^w^ I'm planning on making a 1st party Smash Ballot Comic on miiverse in the smash community and I WAS coming here to ask which Zelda newcomers are the most requested that aren't assist trophies but must obviously be Impa , tetra and Toon Zelda. xD unless I'm missing someone . I thought of taking the moveset suggestions from here to show off her potential in the comic. But I never played any Zelda games before so I don't know impa too well.. Could one of you give a brief description of what her personality is like so I can develop her character properly ? :)
Vaati cameo. nuff said.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
i hate the idea of tingle in smash 4 but i really doubt that its possible so i dont need to worry about it. as for toon zelda and tetra i wouldnt mind tetra but if they go for a toon zelda character toon sheik does sound incredible but highly unlikely i dont see any reason why impa wouldnt be the perfect ballet charcter for zelda.
Toon sheik had to have been Tetra, there's no way they'd take one of the fastest and combo heavy characters in the game and make them even more quick and combo heavy.

There's not much to say really, she's a very mysterious character constantly appearing from the shadows like sheik does. She's the protector of Princess Zelda, being the only one trusted enough to look after her. She's the sole member of a race that completely disappeared without a trace, only leaving behind a temple and some gossip stones. Overall just very calm, wise and as I said mysterious. She's often depicted with various magical abilities, notably in Skyward Sword where she uses some form of blue magic, she's also very agile like Sheik although I'd like to think she'd be more of a martial artist than a ninja assuming she's taking after her Skywards Sword appearance.

Edit: Dammit double post, my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
if you look back in the thread i think diddy made a concept moveset for impa if you want to check it out :]

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I really wanted albw link before toon link's return was announced. Four rods = four specials.

Anyways, does anyone want alts as dlc. I could see hyrule warriors costumes for Zelda and maybe Link and Ganon (not sure if they'll want to texture Ganon's mane with all the physics and Link's scarf. They did half *** Palutena's hair so who knows?) coming alongside Impa. They are reskinning mii fighters.

Also, is it just me or do the Zelda characters look kinda eh facial wise in this game. Espically, Ganon.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I really wanted albw link before toon link's return was announced. Four rods = four specials.

Anyways, does anyone want alts as dlc. I could see hyrule warriors costumes for Zelda and maybe Link and Ganon (not sure if they'll want to texture Ganon's mane with all the physics and Link's scarf. They did half *** Palutena's hair so who knows?) coming alongside Impa. They are reskinning mii fighters.

Also, is it just me or do the Zelda characters look kinda eh facial wise in this game. Espically, Ganon.
I don't know what your talking about for Ganon, I mean look at this sexiness.

6 g0d

Smash Cadet
I hate gannondorfs new design bring back oot melee gannon he was incredible looking same for most zelda characters tbh oot had some of the best character designs and melee made them look so perfect.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I hate gannondorfs new design bring back oot melee gannon he was incredible looking same for most zelda characters tbh oot had some of the best character designs and melee made them look so perfect.
I personally prefer the Twilight Princess designs of the characters. Ganondorf in OoT kind of looks weird to me but that design is fine too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd actually prefer if Ganondorf was based on his Ocarina of Time appearance, but with longer hair. Am still not quite 100% certain why they opted with the short hair for Ganondorf in Melee. Also, am not so much upset with Twilight Princess Ganondorf in Smash, but more the way he moves around. It seemed that Sakurai found it fit to decrease his speed even further with his TP design, which isn't so great. I was excited to see TP Ganondorf in Brawl, but only because I wanted him to use the sword he used in the final battle...

Anyway, how do you guys think Impa's chances are currently?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd actually prefer if Ganondorf was based on his Ocarina of Time appearance, but with longer hair. Am still not quite 100% certain why they opted with the short hair for Ganondorf in Melee. Also, am not so much upset with Twilight Princess Ganondorf in Smash, but more the way he moves around. It seemed that Sakurai found it fit to decrease his speed even further with his TP design, which isn't so great. I was excited to see TP Ganondorf in Brawl, but only because I wanted him to use the sword he used in the final battle...

Anyway, how do you guys think Impa's chances are currently?
Higher than any other Zelda character but still around the middle. Maybe a bit above so like 60%.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Good, I was thinking about those %s as well. Especially as Impa becomes increasingly likely due to alts also becoming DLC, and Mii Fighters get turned into 'characters' (Chrom, Lloyd Irving, Heiachi, ect) and Zelda hasn't had any DLC content outside of Hyrule Castle 64.

I think it's a good chance Impa could turn into a DLC fighter because of Zelda Wii U, and Hyrule Warriors being succesful, and ported, and might possibly get a sequel down the line. Therefore, I could also easily see Impa make it in as an alt to :4miisword:,:4miibrawl: or of course :4sheik: (I think I prefer :4sheik: out of those options btw).

Also, semi-clones probably don't take too much development time if we can go by the time it took to get us :4lucas: and :4feroy:. So that's also something I think works for Impa's inclusion.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I like Ganondorf's TP because he actually looks like a warrior king (his face in smash4 looks a bit funky though)...sure he may not use his sword outside of customs but his moveset pretty much exemplifies his power... I'm fine with Zelda having darker hair as it does distinguish her from peach even more as in melee we had two blonde princesses in pink dresses...which pretty much made up the majority of the female cast...I find TP Zelda's design more appealing overall myself as she had a more ethereal look imo...

----

As for Impa while I do have some doubts I think it is important to consider Zelda's 30th Anniversary next year...to me Impa could represent the longevity of the series...

Last edited:

Andyomon00

Smash Apprentice
NNID
andtomon00
3DS FC
0301-9874-0642
Hey guys, i would like let you know that I placed one of my votes on Impa, and i strongly support you guys.

Quick question though, is the Impa that everyone voting for the one from Hyrule Warriors, cause i would prefer that The Impa from Skyward Sword because I like her design, character and, role in that game.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey guys, i would like let you know that I placed one of my votes on Impa, and i strongly support you guys.

Quick question though, is the Impa that everyone voting for the one from Hyrule Warriors, cause i would prefer that The Impa from Skyward Sword because I like her design, character and, role in that game.
I honestly don't mind either one but some Skyward Sword representation would be nice (I like the artstyle of the game).

Top Bottom