• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Only clone who has ever made it to the following game is Falco and Ganondorf. Brawl cut clones like Pichu, Roy, Young Link, and Dr. Mario, while SSB4 cut Wolf and Lucas.

Clones historically don't have a high rate of returning, not counting DLC. Honestly it'd be hard for me to pay for Dark Pit the way he is now.
But he's just a recolour of :4pit: so wouldn't that make him easier to come back?

Not that many man-hours was put into him in the beginning.

:4lucas::wolf::4drmario::4feroy: Just seems like different alternate move sets from the original. They'd be 1/4 clones?

:younglinkmelee::pichumelee: Would prob be considered a clone because there's not too much different from the originals but different enough to make a different play style

:4lucina::4darkpit: Are just recolours and not too many man hours was put into them. They're actually legit clones and just some minor diffs.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, but there's this inevitable notion of "muh reps" to take into account.

Woe betide ye who thinks a third Kid Icarus character is anything but a sin against man and god(dess).

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
But he's just a recolour of :4pit: so wouldn't that make him easier to come back?

Not that many man-hours was put into him in the beginning.

:4lucas::wolf::4drmario::4feroy: Just seems like different alternate move sets from the original. They'd be 1/4 clones?

:younglinkmelee::pichumelee: Would prob be considered a clone because there's not too much different from the originals but different enough to make a different play style

:4lucina::4darkpit: Are just recolours and not too many man hours was put into them. They're actually legit clones and just some minor diffs.
Well, if the SSB team either finds a way to put different final smashes in alternate versions (as in, like giving F!Robin Critical Hit and M!Robin Pair Up, as example) or allow the customization of final smashes...

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Yeah, but there's this inevitable notion of "muh reps" to take into account.

Woe betide ye who thinks a third Kid Icarus character is anything but a sin against man and god(dess).
*Looks and sees 5 Fire Emblem reps*

*Turns around and sees 2 reps for Star Fox and 2 (1) for Metroid (but what would they put in anyway?)*

Well, if the SSB team either finds a way to put different final smashes in alternate versions (as in, like giving F!Robin Critical Hit and M!Robin Pair Up, as example) or allow the customization of final smashes...
That does seem like a cool idea bit I have a feeling that it won't go well :/

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I resent the notion of "reps" in the first place.

Then again, two of my most-wanted character are from Fire Emblem, so make of that what thou wilt~

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Wouldn't mind if they expanded on the custom moves system and gave Pit and Dark Pit mutually exclusive custom moves under the same character slot instead of making Dark Pit just a clone again. It'd shut up the "muh reps" crowd and keep one character from outclassing the other while keeping some originality. Other clone pairs could work on a weight system of sorts, like powers. Like if you picked a bunch of arbitrarily strong/weak moves you'd get weaker/stronger A moves in the form of a different character like Falco or Doc.

Actually, if I were to redo the custom moves system I'd scrap nearly everything we have already. Custom moves shouldn't be distributed equally distributed and forced unto every move. Some really shouldn't be touched, namely recoveries. Others need more deliberate and focused moves to make up for a character's shortcomings, like Zelda in general. Basically, I'd balance the game around FFAs like it should be and then give the characters weaker in 1v1s customs built for 1v1s. If a character really needs a new move then I could pull a Splatoon and patch it in.

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I wonder how late in the development cycle Dark Pit was created? He's the only new character with no trailer, only new character with no artwork (though he has a very small appearance in the Palutena art... literally, it's pretty small), and as far as I'm aware, no splash art.

Plus he's more of a clone than any character to ever be a part of Super Smash Bros. Dr. Mario didn't get any trailers or whatever but he's a returning character. Really just seems like for them to not even give him a role in the Palutena reveal trailer like they did with Charizard in the Greninja trailer or Robin in the Lucina trailer.

Heck, they could've put him in the way Alpharad put in Dark Pit and Palutena in the How To Play Pit 101 video.

It's almost like they didn't decide he was going to be a character until the very last minute, even later than Lucina and Dr. Mario. And while it looks like it at first glance, his appearance in the Palutena video isn't neccessarily a confirmation--I mean, the bad guy from Xenoverse Chronicles (whatever his name is) makes a sort of appearance at the end of the Shulk video, and Chrom makes in appearance at the end of the Lucina/Robin video. Heck, Dark Pit's inclusion in the Palutena video is closer in nature to those cameos than any of the examples we've seen with confirmed characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Pit was the very last addition to the cast.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I wonder how late in the development cycle Dark Pit was created? He's the only new character with no trailer, only new character with no artwork (though he has a very small appearance in the Palutena art... literally, it's pretty small), and as far as I'm aware, no splash art.

Plus he's more of a clone than any character to ever be a part of Super Smash Bros. Dr. Mario didn't get any trailers or whatever but he's a returning character. Really just seems like for them to not even give him a role in the Palutena reveal trailer like they did with Charizard in the Greninja trailer or Robin in the Lucina trailer.

Heck, they could've put him in the way Alpharad put in Dark Pit and Palutena in the How To Play Pit 101 video.

It's almost like they didn't decide he was going to be a character until the very last minute, even later than Lucina and Dr. Mario. And while it looks like it at first glance, his appearance in the Palutena video isn't neccessarily a confirmation--I mean, the bad guy from Xenoverse Chronicles (whatever his name is) makes a sort of appearance at the end of the Shulk video, and Chrom makes in appearance at the end of the Lucina/Robin video. Heck, Dark Pit's inclusion in the Palutena video is closer in nature to those cameos than any of the examples we've seen with confirmed characters. I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Pit was the very last addition to the cast.
I'm pretty sure he was the last char and clone to put in before the game's release but I might be wrong soo......

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Everyone who complains about clones are ignorant spoiled children

I just came here to say that, thought it was relevant

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

XcerosZeku

Smash Rookie
NNID
X-Zeku
3DS FC
2878-9650-2437
I would draw a picture, but I am bad with art, sorry. He will be missed dearly.

AngelStar291

Smash Cadet
NNID
AngelStar291
Hey everyone, Dark Pit is in my top 3 mains...I'm still learning how to use him a bit better, but hey it's all about having fun :)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey everyone, Dark Pit is in my top 3 mains...I'm still learning how to use him a bit better, but hey it's all about having fun :)
Yep it's all about having fun :)

But the DP boards are usually dead and the Pit boards are a bit more alive but still kinda dead smh :/

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dark Pit players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Dark Pit and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Back when we figured out that they were 99.99% the same (which was like two days after Pittwo got his forum) I remember there being some talk about combining the two, but Neo Zero said the higher-ups wouldn't allow it.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Back when we figured out that they were 99.99% the same (which was like two days after Pittwo got his forum) I remember there being some talk about combining the two, but Neo Zero said the higher-ups wouldn't allow it.
So can people ditch the DP boards and everyone go to the Pit boards?

Or the other way around?

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Go ahead. Won't make any promises about watching them right away though... Kinda looking busy up ahead.
Okay. I sent three videos. They're not very long and you don't have to look at the whole thing on each. And I SD'd on one but yeah, it seems like I've never really gotten better against this dude of all the times I've played him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Dark Pits out there, the Rosalina sub-forum has a match-up discussion thread all set up to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Dark Pit. Got anything to share for the Rosalina vs. Dark Pit match-up? Then head to the following thread link...

http://smashboards.com/threads/410744/

In terms of the rules, be sure to go to the directory thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/404194/

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Dark Pit Amiibo coming tomorrow, dudes! Best Buy exclusive. No online pre-orders, local pick-up only, one per customer, and first come, first serve basis.

Better go early. Don't end up missing out on Dark Pit because you think he's not popular and you can get him whenever or some other foolishness like that.

Super excited!

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
JUST GOT MY AMIIBO!!!

.... Does he appear a little short to you guys?... He seems short... That may be so they could proportion the rifle to fit though.

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
He still looks overall solid to me. Pretty amazing quality for being so anime-esque. Compared to Palutena's... *shiver*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom