• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm taking a break...

Chaco

Never Logs In
...from Yoshi. It just doesn't seem that I'm good with him anymore. Or any character for that matter. I believe I've finally hit my peak. Which I hoped wouldn't happen. I haven't used Yoshi seriously in months. I just can't seem to do it anymore. I don't have that spirit for him.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
I feel you man...

I too feel out of it.

But if you want my opinion.

The only thing that can save you.

Is Link and Ganondorf.
a Couple CC's of heavy Ganondor***e could bring you back.

Serious comments aside It appears your just in a rut, and not at your peak.
If you really are at your peak, well dam...you could try and change brawl for yourself by using hacks on it, and maybe that will rejuvanate you, but if your not feeling it anymore then.

Later alligator.

Forsworn

Smash Cadet
Sometimes when I'm just not hitting my stride with Yoshi, I switch to one of my other decent characters, or start learning/improving with new characters entirely. I find then that when I go back to Yoshi, his unique playstyle seems more fun and intuitive to use.

bigman40

Smash Master
Go play something that'll make you feel better, then come back. I play brawl sparingly now to keep from getting rusty, and if need be when I'm not doing good at all, I just break my game down and start from step 1. No one is at their peak (unless you achieved perfection), and you will always have something to improve on.

Seriously, just go do some other stuff. If you come back and still see that you're not doing good, then take a look at restarting your game from scratch.

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
I quit this game all the time, only recently did i actually quit yoshi for awhile. I swore he was terrible and not nearly as good as he was in melee, which is still agree with mostly... but that is another whole issue all-together... played some other characters and games, and after awhile, it was just time again to use him. Do what makes you happy.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just take a break from Brawl. Or play another game for a few days. That's what I do when I'm getting bored of Brawl.

After the break, it gets fun again.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hmm, I might go buy a new game this week. That will keep me occupied.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
Keep the faith, Yoshi is a solid character as long as you know the ins and outs of him.

RyN

Smash Apprentice
I would have to agree with ProBrawler, just take a break from Brawl for a while. Granted Brawl is a pretty okay game, sometimes you need a break.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
We've all had our slumps, Yoshi mainers or not. Personally I've had to take breaks for a while and after a nice break, I've started to do better. Just take a break, and see if that helps. If not, you've got a lot of people here who could help. :)

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Just leave it be. By the time you decide to play again, and in a serious learn/get better fashion even. You'l be on point. Starting fresh in other words. While implementing things you had on memory already. People don't get rusty. Then just restart anew each particular session is all.

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm in the exact same position chaco's in. I'm going to keep playing mario for a little while and then go back to yoshi pretty soon.

Airborne

Smash Lord
everyone needs a break every once and a while.... i need a break from band.... too bad i get in trouble if i try to take advantage of that idea XD. i might have to break my yoshi and start over again, just like i'm going to with my trumpet embouchure (playing on the bottom lip for 8 straight years...), so i'm agreeing with scatz. just don't get upset over the game; that's what you guys told me after i became the "******" of AiB XD

Top Bottom