• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i'm... starting to get.... GOOD!?

Shweex

Smash Cadet
Frst off, error-alt-delete, please do not post any more on this topic... people like you are the reason people like us (the "casual player") have such a bad reputation. Your entire post is full of the typical ignorant non-competitive Smasher ideas. I appreciate your support, I really do, but you honestly just don't have any idea what you're talking about.

You're an idiot, you suck and you're not even close to being on the "pro level." You have no idea of the skill disparity until you actually jump into competitive play. This goes for that moron Shweex too. You would get four stocked by people who would get four stocked by high level players. If you're tired of being the best, just go to the regional zones, look for a local melee tournament, and be prepared to get ***** by nearly everyone at the venue.

I'm a low level competitive player and I get absolutely sick and tired of morons who have no clue how to play this game saying stupid crap like, "I've never been to a tournament but I'm actually a really good player, I could compete." I play in a competitive setting all the time, lose at least 90% of my games, and am still willing to bet money that even I would **** these silly ignorant nobodies who think they're as good as top pros.
Who the **** are you to call me out? I've already made my peace with this thread simply stating that I'd get spanked by pretty much anyone that attends tournaments, so don't go ****-talking someone like me who already admitted he was wrong. You're beating a dead horse. No, you're ****** a a dead horse. ****faces like you are the reason I hesitate to join forums like this. You do nothing but insult and it's ridiculous and uncalled for.

I won't be surprised if this post gets me banned, but I am absolutely sick of cocky douchebag pro-wannabes like yourself who have to bash on people who DON'T want to make video games their lives.
Newsflash: You are not pro. You will never ever be considered pro, partly due to your "I'm too good to ever listen to anyone else ever" attitude, partly because, well, pros are one in a million.
You have no reason at all to be insulting casual gamers simply because they "aren't good enough" to meet your standards on a video game that frankly isn't that popular when compared to other big games (not to insult Smash, as it's probably my all-time favorite game/series of games). You can **** off or you can post something that isn't chocked full of senseless insults. You'd ****-talk a three-year-old after beating him in Smash if given the chance.

People like you are why people like me could never EVER consider getting into the competitive gaming scene, as well as the reason I have never and probably will never attempt to attend any kind of tournament.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Pretty sure I was calling out that other guy but I certainly don't mind you taking it personally. LOL at overestimating my arrogance and downplaying your own. I never claimed I could tell the skill difference between myself and a pro just by watching a video; I never claimed the difference wouldn't be vast to the point where I couldn't hold my own; because I've played Mew2King and DSF before so I know for a fact just how vast the skill difference is. I speak from a position of humility, and I insult the idiots who don't have this humility and think they can compete at the level of high level players.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure I was calling out that other guy but I certainly don't mind you taking it personally. LOL at overestimating my arrogance and downplaying your own. I never claimed I could tell the skill difference between myself and a pro just by watching a video; I never claimed the difference wouldn't be vast to the point where I couldn't hold my own; because I've played Mew2King and DSF before so I know for a fact just how vast the skill difference is. I speak from a position of humility, and I insult the idiots who don't have this humility and think they can compete at the level of high level players.
I've already made my peace with this thread simply stating that I'd get spanked by pretty much anyone that attends tournaments, so don't go ****-talking someone like me who already admitted he was wrong. You're beating a dead horse. No, you're ****** a a dead horse. ****faces like you are the reason I hesitate to join forums like this. You do nothing but insult and it's ridiculous and uncalled for.
Congratulations on failing to read. But I think the best part is the fact that you continue to insult me for something I already admitted I was wrong on. You don't bring up anything else I said because you know I'm right.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Frst off, error-alt-delete, please do not post any more on this topic... people like you are the reason people like us (the "casual player") have such a bad reputation. Your entire post is full of the typical ignorant non-competitive Smasher ideas. I appreciate your support, I really do, but you honestly just don't have any idea what you're talking about.
Funny Shweex that is exactly what I thought of you.

So will you MM me for $50?

4 Stock, No Items (AWWWW) and 7 min time limit

No Texas Johns either.

D

Deleted member

lol Bailey stop trying to make $50

Shweex, I have no problem with you being a casual Smasher... I play with friends who are casual Smashers as well as competitive Smashers all the time... I just have a problem with people on these boards that speak ignorantly (like error_alt_delete), so I hope you didn't take my posts against you as very personal...

Also, M2K is inhuman... I hate playing him, because it's just an excuse for me to get 4 stocked... the skill level gap is huge between the top pros and even the regional pros, and following down the ladder etc... I mean, all you have to do is attend a regional or national tournament and just watch matches...

Shweex

Smash Cadet
Funny Shweex that is exactly what I thought of you.

So will you MM me for $50?

4 Stock, No Items (AWWWW) and 7 min time limit

No Texas Johns either.
What? No, you'll wipe the floor with me, why would I play you? Did you not JUST see my post about how I know I'm not that good, but that doesn't mean I can't make a point? Plus there's the fact that we live on complete opposite sides of the nation.

And for the record, I never play with items unless I'm just messing around.

Tell you what, I'll play your game of Smash with your rules (all of which I play with anyway) if you play a drum challenge against me. I mean, it's only fair since I don't take Smash seriously and I highly doubt you've ever even attempted to play anything drum-related. $100 bet, best solo as rated by 3 neutral judges, 3 minute minimum time, 6 minute maximum. Standard PASIC solo rules.

lol Bailey stop trying to make $50

Shweex, I have no problem with you being a casual Smasher... I play with friends who are casual Smashers as well as competitive Smashers all the time... I just have a problem with people on these boards that speak ignorantly (like error_alt_delete), so I hope you didn't take my posts against you as very personal...

Also, M2K is inhuman... I hate playing him, because it's just an excuse for me to get 4 stocked... the skill level gap is huge between the top pros and even the regional pros, and following down the ladder etc... I mean, all you have to do is attend a regional or national tournament and just watch matches...
No, I usually don't take anything personally on the forums, ESPECIALLY here, but when someone outright calls me a moron after I admit I'm wrong, that's when I have a problem with someone, internet or otherwise. There is no such thing as a wrong opinion.

And yes, I've seen a couple of M2K's videos... crazy stuff.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
Ok who the f/uck challenges someone to a Drum Battle on Smashboards?

This ain't Drumline ***** THIS....IS....SMASH!
What kind of semi-pro challenges a casual player to a $50 game? Across the nation? I don't think your mom would drive you that far to play some video games. =/

I wasn't being serious about my challenge, I was just trying to prove a point.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
A smart one?
Ok, but see, that only works against idiots and people who don't know anything about Smash other than "I CAN BEAT LEVEL 9 CPUS!!!!". If you want to come ALL the way down from New York and play a few rounds and destroy me, that's fine with me, but don't expect any money to be involved, other than the enormous amount you'll waste on gas.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I got family in Texas and some free air miles so I kinda won't waste any money. But your kinda not worth it to travel to Texas. Unless I got to play DoH, Hylian and other Texas smashers

Miharu

Smash Hero
Computers will not help you get better unless you are at an extremely low level of play. There's no two ways about it, they just won't. They don't think. They don't change. Whatever "timing" you believe you have learned will not work on human opponents.
Actually, I find it useful to experiment with level 1 comps, then trying to use the same techniques in play against human opponents later. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post.

Congratulations on failing to read. But I think the best part is the fact that you continue to insult me for something I already admitted I was wrong on. You don't bring up anything else I said because you know I'm right.
Either that, or he's fed up with your blatant idiocy.

I also find it quite amusing that you're trying to make assumptions about competitive play when you yourself admitted that you'd get smashed by anyone who has minimal tournament experience. That just clearly exposes your arguments as being pretty much baseless; if it's from a general standpoint, then this **** is already painfully obvious, and there's not much of a reason to restate it.

It'd probably help your case if you weren't so eager to defend yourself. Seems like you're taking every single negative comment personally.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I've never seen a thread fail as much as this one...even in the Brawl forums.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
Actually, I find it useful to experiment with level 1 comps, then trying to use the same techniques in play against human opponents later. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of your post.

Either that, or he's fed up with your blatant idiocy.

I also find it quite amusing that you're trying to make assumptions about competitive play when you yourself admitted that you'd get smashed by anyone who has minimal tournament experience. That just clearly exposes your arguments as being pretty much baseless; if it's from a general standpoint, then this **** is already painfully obvious, and there's not much of a reason to restate it.

It'd probably help your case if you weren't so eager to defend yourself. Seems like you're taking every single negative comment personally.
When someone disagrees with me, I'll argue with them, as most people do, or at least state my point and reasons for said point. When someone calls me a moron, I'll defend myself. Sorry I don't let people walk all over me.

Miharu

Smash Hero
When someone disagrees with me, I'll argue with them, as most people do, or at least state my point and reasons for said point. When someone calls me a moron, I'll defend myself. Sorry I don't let people walk all over me.
You're going to justify your bad logic with "I don't let people walk all over me"?

Eventually you'll realize that there's no point in continuing the argument once both sides refuse to even slightly deviate from their original stances.

Wow, wasted 2000th post on this.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
You're going to justify your bad logic with "I don't let people walk all over me"?

Eventually you'll realize that there's no point in continuing the argument once both sides refuse to even slightly deviate from their original stances.

Wow, wasted 2000th post on this.
Bad logic? I don't see any bad logic. Maybe if you'd read the thread you might have a slight idea of what you were talking about. :[

Yeah, it sure is unfortunate that someone held a gun up to your head and forced you to post in this thread isn't it?
Oh wait...

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Guys. My name is Shweex. I think I'm awesome, but I really don't know jack **** about fighting games. I'm going to keep arguing, generalizing about competitive players, not really knowing much if anything about casual nor competitive fighting games, arguing for the sake of sounding smart and cynical, while I dig a hole for myself.

OH! and I'm probably going to reply to this post! And I'll argue-- ignoring the paradox, in which by arguing, I make myself sound like even MORE of an idiot.

Long story short: You're arguments suck. Really, if you didn't want to argue, you shouldn't have been dumb enough to post what you did on the first page. "Guys! People give us casual players a bad name!" When your first post is:

I can't wait for Brawl to come out so cocky douchebags like you can get knocked back to square one.
If any of you, regardless of status, are still arguing about competitive vs. casual, you're stupid and immature. Regardless of what you think, people laugh at you. No really, they laugh at you more than they laugh at me, or anyone else on the scene. There's no wrong way to play a game, as much as there is no RIGHT one. If you all want to be elitist ***s like Bill Mitchell, go ahead and be my guest-- but that doesn't make you better, and that doesn't make you cool, it makes you annoying, and not worth anyone's time. You won't win any tournaments, and even if you somehow manage to, you'll get at most moderate respect because you're about as open minded as a fascist. That's right, I just compared you to a fascist.

People play games the way they want. Whether it be competitive, or casual. If you don't like the fact that casual's exist? GO cry more. No one loves, we don't care. Boo hoo. And the same goes for casuals who all cry about competitive players. Your not cool. You're annoying.

And I'm serious Shweex, you're digging a hole. Really. You've been doing it for the past 7 pages. The topic literally went no where. I read it. You are making absolutely no case for your argument, and just making casual players look stupid. Stop posting.

Or you know what, keep on posting. Whatever, it's not gonna do you any good. How do I know? Because a thread that was supposed to be about somebody being pleased with the fact they've progressed a little bit, got thrown off track when 2-3 ******* barged in and decided to be unwelcoming pricks. You know what, might as well just call this place aznraps.com with how dumb some of you were on the first page.

"YOU CAN BEAT A COMPUTER? NO! YOU STILL SUCK! NO ONE LIKES YOU!"

Great guys. That's nice encouragement. Good job. I'm sure that'll help the smash community grow, a bunch of cynical whack jobs yelling off at people who want to try and play to tell them they suck and make them quit. No seriously, you guys are doing great. I'm sure years from now we'll be playing brawl with the same SIX people at tournaments, because when people tried to get better, we had some artard hang out behind them chanting "you SUCK!" in the background without offering any encouragement, or constructive form of criticism. So they quit.

Way to represent smashboards.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
You know what, you're right. This thread has gone far enough. I didn't mean for this to turn into a big argument, but it really pisses me off when so-called "pros" bash on anyone who isn't on their level just because we aren't good enough to meet some standard, when fact is a lot of us really just don't take the game seriously enough. I just have too much on my plate right now to be worried about being considered amazing at a game, and even if I did have the time, I probably wouldn't be wasting more than 25% of it playing a game. :ohwell:

To those of you that were able to keep a cool ahead about this post, thanks for not being *****, something that I really can't say about myself, as I got offended multiple times by people just outright calling me names without any real reason.

This thread went nowhere, although it was fun for a couple weeks.

Sorry to anyone that got annoyed with the continuation, although I will say there are a few people that posted that really don't deserve any kind of apology.

For the record: I never thought I was on-par with tourney-goers, and really don't know why anyone assumed I thought I was. I said I could hold my own against certain people (as in people on MY level that go to tourneys... the ones just starting out in the competitive scene, like I hypothetically would have been), but I never stated I could beat anyone above that.

Thanks Red for understanding what I did, even though you don't agree with how I approached it. People like you are the reason I WOULD consider going to tourneys. I guess this thread is just the perfect example of how every stereotype has both its extreme good and extreme bad people. Oh and arguing wasn't for the sake of sounding cynical or smart, it was more for the sake of being bored and knowing full-well this thread will just die out within the next few weeks anyway.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
You know what, you're right. This thread has gone far enough. I didn't mean for this to turn into a big argument, but it really pisses me off when so-called "pros" bash on anyone who isn't on their level just because we aren't good enough to meet some standard, when fact is a lot of us really just don't take the game seriously enough. I just have too much on my plate right now to be worried about being considered amazing at a game, and even if I did have the time, I probably wouldn't be wasting more than 25% of it playing a game. :ohwell:

To those of you that were able to keep a cool ahead about this post, thanks for not being *****, something that I really can't say about myself, as I got offended multiple times by people just outright calling me names without any real reason.

This thread went nowhere, although it was fun for a couple weeks.

Sorry to anyone that got annoyed with the continuation, although I will say there are a few people that posted that really don't deserve any kind of apology.

For the record: I never thought I was on-par with tourney-goers, and really don't know why anyone assumed I thought I was. I said I could hold my own against certain people (as in people on MY level that go to tourneys... the ones just starting out in the competitive scene, like I hypothetically would have been), but I never stated I could beat anyone above that.

Thanks Red for understanding what I did, even though you don't agree with how I approached it. People like you are the reason I WOULD consider going to tourneys. I guess this thread is just the perfect example of how every stereotype has both its extreme good and extreme bad people. Oh and arguing wasn't for the sake of sounding cynical or smart, it was more for the sake of being bored and knowing full-well this thread will just die out within the next few weeks anyway.

No prob. Sorry I got angry at ya.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
No one is getting pissed at you because you're not on "their level." They got pissed at you because of the idiotic things you said. No one could give less of a **** how good you are at the game, but you can't go around making generalizations about players you've never played, or things you've never experienced. No disrespect.

To the OP: keep practicing and try to play some real people. That'll help more than computers ever will.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
No one is getting pissed at you because you're not on "their level." They got pissed at you because of the idiotic things you said. No one could give less of a **** how good you are at the game, but you can't go around making generalizations about players you've never played, or things you've never experienced. No disrespect.

To the OP: keep practicing and try to play some real people. That'll help more than computers ever will.
Point taken. I can definitely see where you're coming from. It's not an issue of skill, but issues of reputation and experience.

On a related note, the college that I plan on attending (University of Texas in Arlington) is holding a Smash tournament soon, so I'll probably be attending that both to meet some Smashers and make some early college friends. 2 birds with 1 stone. :)

Top Bottom