• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im making a pichu combo video today!

j3ly

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvsVLkuX99w

ok this is the teaser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2eMbIOywU

and this is the music!!
be suure to put on the music, it really adds to the video. Also allow 22 seconds for an intro - so start the song at 35 secs, so it syncs, and gimme ur feedback xD

releasing in 2 hours? remember to rate well and favorite :)

Yo! well i finally decided 100% on my character set.. Mario as my total main, Fox as a character ill train up over the next couple of years, and pichu - as my dishonor to other people, (he is also so much more fun than fox, but not mario)

Last night me and my friend unreal (hello tamoo because i know your reading this :p) did some recording - i have about 1hr 30mins ||EDIT - now 7hrs|| of pichu vs CF, marth, fox, falco and mario. did some pretty sweet platform setups if i remember correctly.. aaanyway, unfortunately my opponents skills leave alot to the imagination, but thats ok because it meant i was able to pull of more combos lol. there will be a focus on gimps.. bc pichu's comboing abilitys can only take him so far lmao :p

all in all i LOVE pichu, hes super fun and i'm starting to see new combos - its NOT true that his only combo is uair -> bair/dair, thats only for scrubs that only play FD. lol by no means am i saying that i pulled off anything more than +platform versions of the same combo, but still with practice pichu can be as dutty as every1 else

i need name ideas! help me out, i have decided on the song - robot rock by subfocus, it should be cool.

rhan

Smash Hero
Good luck. It's hard to actually keep people's attention for such a bad character...

zack152

Smash Journeyman
Good **** j3ly. I look foreward to seeing it =D

As for a title maybe you should find some move you find yourself using a lot as pichu and somehow fit it in? Idk lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
ive got ALOT of clips now - with some cool stuff, utilising fair as a jab reset, FILTHY edgeguards lol, and maximum usage of platform. Not too many nice ones on Fd. a wall-jump nair edgeguard or 2, but as i said - most of the videos focus is on gimping, techchasing and edgeguarding. Cause he has some awesome tools to edgeguard, why did no1 tell me, pichu is filthy!!

anyway yeah, i have 7hrs 15mins (!!!) of continuous video of my Pichu vs various opponents (some more came down), and i think i have totaly clocked the basic lvl of pichu today. anyway it should be a good little video imo :D

i am calling it Gimpchu, because i loove to gimp lol. any better titles appreciated!

j3ly

Smash Champion
ps i wont be ready until wednesday night, maybe late thursday night/friday. i was going to do everything tonight, but well my friend just picked up a Q and has a free house so pichu can wait :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Why have people started trying? I was about 3 monthes after I joined why now? I don't want to think i,m part of it and I know brawl isn't part of it but why? I have hype extra film or share your best clips you could great to the pichu combo video someguy is working on.

j3ly

Smash Champion
dude sorry man i couldent understand that!
however i got the first part, and it was solely you that got me interested in pichu. hes just so fun, and i havnt even began to experiment with the upB cancel - which i can guarantee will be a massaive part of my game in a week or so

woo 38 seconds of vid so far!! into the 3rd of like.. 200 games

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It's not easy lol that's how I learned how to waveshine as fox by playing as pichu. I was thinkin g2 things at once sound someone wanted to make a pichu combo video and you could share some of your unused clips or best clips. prefered best shared. How did I get anyone interested? I haven't made any amazing videos or even been able to play with many people as pichu. maybe pichu could cover a bad match-up for mario pichu isn't easy to camp so you could go off of that but mario has his cape if they camp you hard. so yeah and you won't for FFers because you like gimps and mario has some super gimps.

crap now I,m just rumbleing

j3ly

Smash Champion
pichu is just my insult character. my mario is **** solid and im one of the best players in UK with him, but with fox i could be sooo much better and get to like top 4/5 quickly. but pichu has some really easy kill setups on FFers - delayed uair on/under a platform (right side hitbox) -> fsmash - its so easy, so deadly yet its not done bc platforms are needed

and u got me interesed by bringing unrelated pichu things into random threads. i then tried him and loved him instantly. Plus he teaches platform games and setups really really well, which is useful. however only on heavy characters atm (for me).. i dno how to combo light chars, better to just gimp em'

and i still dont understand that clips bit - are you saying u want me to send you what i have done so far? i can if u want.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
there's some guy making a video you could send them to him like grimtuesday or something like that. Really your lucky to play pal ver. pichu people can't just go sheik haha chain throw gayness. And they said I spammed pichu :) oh well as long as I got another person to respect pichu. hey for the right side hitbox which way is pichu faceing? I didn't know there was any changes in knockback for parts of his hitbox

j3ly

Smash Champion
uhhm, lol i just realised that wasnt explained very well, the far right of his tail sends them slightly right, and the far left of the tail sends them slightly left. Theres definatly 2 hitboxes - maybe 4, but that was likely his DI making him go further.

and when i said right, i meant pichu was facing right too, then Fsmashes in the same direction

Im uploading a teaser of the vid now, its almost done, only 1.5 mins long but hey its a teaser :p check here in 5 mins for a link

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wait I think there may be 3 the top middle one goes staight up and I don't rememeber the one from behind but I really don't use it so yeah

j3ly

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvsVLkuX99w

ok this is the teaser...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r2eMbIOywU

and this is the music!!
be suure to put on the music, it really adds to the video. Also allow 22 seconds for an intro - so start the song at 22 secs, and gimme ur feedback

edit - this is all taken out o th first 4/5 or so games, i played tens and tens of games, with the kills & movement getting better towards the end. a the start i'm wavlanding off corners, at the end i'm dong perfect platform waveland

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
to legit I,m glad I,ve started up a machine even if I sucked really really really bad like so bad you would have to spit on me cause I,m worse than a brawl noob I still have done more for pichu than anyone esle. "I,ve tryed" which is more than most. ps I don't suck

j3ly

Smash Champion
didnt u do like 160 tree-assisted JCshines? that officially makes u not suck :p

what did u think of the teaser + music then?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
really good man one part wasn't that great the part with just a single nair on mario's recovery. it was just one move that is commonly spamed other than that to legit but can always be better which why I love how there is noo perfetc you are the limit you can go farther than you can even think if you made a perfect circle it can still be better it could have art in it and smell good and be flashing colors and....

No I don't think I have I have how ever did the thing wth samus's nair on a platfor, a few times and SWD

oh yeah great music it kind of fits well.

wow it's today I didn't read that part

j3ly

Smash Champion
i put in that random nair part because the nair probably would have been caped or reverse baired if i just ran up to him. instead i made like i was retreating then turned with a platform waveland. maybe pointless but fun :p

oh, tamoo told me u did, he must have been thinking of sum1 else.

After seeing that new pichu combo video i am thinking of suspending my release date - that upB cancel is important, flashy and **** necessary. Or maybe il make another one next week or something. also i was trying hard to chainthrow, but i couldent - Insane guy, would u happen to know some character specifics on who pichu can chainthrow? ie what throw nd percent do i use to chin falco fox nd CF

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ive witnessed the greatest pichu in the world first hand. u havent truly seen a pichu nair untill u see cactuar nair. what a ****ing killer....

im excited to watch this. ill watch the teaser in 5 mins.

ps. u replaced roy?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you can tech chase the crap out of them with d-throw too. the following people The best way to check who is safe to f-throw chain throw is to chain throw the cpu lv9(you get the soonest time when they can break out) the FFest are immue to f-throw I know d-throw works vs them ,pikachu,pichu,roy,marth(at lower %s) sheik if you can caught her,DK,bowser and some people can be but if there good they can easily get out.

up-tilt can set up grabs and extend up-throw chain throw or make it easier at times. I,m not really big into chain throwing (ice climber main)

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol yeah, roy was great and all but i didnt have time for him - about the time i wrote that mini guide i started playing with much better players and didnt wanna waste games with roy. then discovered marth, fox and now pichu :D

im off out now to a mates, to jam. if hes on smash ill practice some chain throwing too :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
hiii j3ly

And my bad if it wasnt ur jcshine vid, I thought i saw it on a youtube profile called InsaneCrazyHodApp or something like that and I thought it was u :/

And sweet vid lol, we need more pichu dittos, we only got one in iirc

j3ly

Smash Champion
thats because pichu dittos are horribly lame!!

wait insane crazy hodapp isnt you guy?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Pichu dittos are where its at man!

Also, Dacacia has the best pichu in the UK, seriously, had no idea how to play his pichu when i went falco lol.
I remember having trouble as luigi vs ur pichu tho hehe, I just kept trying to trade hits with ur uair with luigi's nair, i never learn lol

j3ly

Smash Champion
me and dacacias pichu went seriously close and it was my first game with pichu almost lol, i think i would **** his by now, i learned a hell of alot of setups. but i always say i will **** sum1 blah blah weel see at phantom hits 2 init

Tamoo

Smash Master
ooooh u going to phantom hits 2?
Make sure to get fuzzy to book your tickets for that if you are.

Also, scrap what i said anyway, Captain Zeppo has the best pichu in the UK anyway, it goes even with quite a few of top UK player's mains, although urs moves better than his i think.

j3ly

Smash Champion
ok i have 6.25 of material (not including introduction, which will be 35 secs to sync up with the song), i am a director on youtube so if possible ill make this into a 15min combo video. If not ill get it as close to 10 mins as possible and just skip credits or somethin. music is looking good, combos+edgeguards are lookin good too, this vid shud b fantastic!

expect another one in a month or 2

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh wow, this should be good man,

Also, do you have any of the matches from when I came over two weeks ago saved? Or uploaded already?
Cos Id like them if they've got any good combos.

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeh yeh i got all of them, i have 3 files - me loosing, me winning, and tamoo vs deathgazer lol shall i upload or send on msn? also what are u doin after HSAM, i have recording equipment - u want housing?

j3ly

Smash Champion
but im not uploading me loosing or we winning lol. also i have no cube so if u want housing bring the cube along xD

Tamoo

Smash Master
Aah im not actually goin HSAM, weekday tournaments are fail for me cos i got work, and I dont like goin all the way down to London on weekdays either.
Errr I dunno, what ever is easiest for you is cool with me, if its quicker to send via msn, do that cos i can upload them to youtube. How big are the files?

Edit: Just saw the VM, Lets talk with them rather than use this thread lol

Top Bottom