• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im in need of some wavedash help

cjugs

Smash Ace
i have been getting the dirt from some fox and falcos who like to hold me in my shield ive read sklers guide but im wondering what r some good out of shield options

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
My main goal would be to: jump oos to a safe place to reset situation. Nair also works. If I catch them full-jumping, Uair.
Moreover, if they somehow mess up:
1) Spin Attack/Grab (depends on position and percent)
2) Aerial out of shield.

Skler

Smash Master
Usmash OOS hits Falco and outspeeds almost all of your other options (if he's above/behind you).

Fox is different, and a technically proficient one will force rolls all the time. You're better off avoiding the shield against Fox.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
At first I thought this was "How do I wavedash with Link?"

I was gonna say hit jump and go eat lunch. When you come back hit sideways and slightly down and hit R.

cjugs

Smash Ace
yeah thats the title because i was gonna ask if wave dashing out of shield and then usmash was faster or WD and dsmash instead of just waiting for shield lag to stop

Skler

Smash Master
You can just usmash out of shield, it's faster than WDing into anything. Usmash is only good if they're above/behind you though.

Skler

Smash Master
Nair OOS takes 11 frames to come out if done perfectly, usmash OOS is 11 frames if done perfectly too, spin is 10(?) if they're in front of you (13 if behind?) and grabbing is just slow and only works against aerials they didn't l-cancel, ground moves and Roy.

Skler

Smash Master
You can, but most people have no idea which way to go with it and the second and third hits can still catch Falco/Falcon anyways, they're just barely tall enough for it. Fox is short enough to avoid it, which is why you always never want to do it against Fox (if he's behind you it can work assuming they don't SDI down).

Top Bottom