• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IM GONNA WRECK IT! Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, Sakurai liked the movie.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/315444520760262656/photo/1

The translation of his comment on the image is that the movie was interesting, and he thinks anyone can enjoy it and would be especially interesting for older gamers. (At least from what I can gather by the translation).

Now, this probably doesn't mean anything for Ralph's chances for Smash, but we at least know his view on his movie.
EDIT: This isn't an April Fool on his part; this was posted on March 23.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So Sakurai liked the movie? As a joke, does it improve Pit's chances in Wreck it Ralph 2? :p

D

Deleted member

I've still got a moveset to finish up/revamp for this guy.
I guess once I stop being lazy and finish up Doc, I'll work on ol' ham hands.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So Sakurai liked the movie? As a joke, does it improve Pit's chances in Wreck it Ralph 2? :p
Don't you remember? He's not going to be involved with Kid Icarus anymore and maybe someone else will work on it in another 25 years.

(****ing idiot...)

Would his stage be his own game? Or would they pick one of the others?

I am most certain the first but sometimes you just don't know.

CalumG

Smash Lord
In regards to those claiming Fix-It Felix Jr. wasn't based on Donkey Kong, I can only ask you to compare this picture with this picture. Points of interest include the three character illustrations next to the controls, the 'TobiKomi' logo being exactly where the Nintendo logo should be, the slanted title at the top (and the font for that matter), the four circles at the corners of the screens, the illustration just below the screen (Ralph throwing bricks at Felix/DK throwing barrels at Mario) and just the entire layout in general. There's more to it, but you can't actually see that due to the cabinet facing us. Read this to get the general gist of what I'm saying.

Then of course, there's the obvious size difference between the two characters, the use of hammers and the primarily vertical gameplay. These things alone don't really make it clear that Fix-It Felix Jr. is a DK parody, but combined with the arcade cabinet above (not dissimilar to how TurboTime was based on Rally-X), it's pretty clear that it was an intentional reference - not a "rip-off".

If anything though, I'd say this helps Ralph's chances rather than hinders them, contrary to what Diddy Kong suggested earlier in the thread. I mean, these characters and this entire fictional game were practically designed with the very intention of fitting in with an all-star cast, including but not limited to Smash.

EDIT:
I want a Bob Hoskins alternate costume for Mario then.
I whole-heartedly support this (for hilarity purposes) and am going to find myself very disappointed when it inevitably does not happen.

D

Deleted member

I acknowledge that there are similarities (though I wasn't aware of the cabinet being a complete parody, nice find), though as you said, it isn't a rip-off, but rather an affectionate parody (a relatively light one though). If it really was a rip-off, Nintendo would have raised issue about it instead of allowing one of their characters be used for the movie.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll support. I loved the movie and Wreck-it-Ralph being in there could possibly be our next WTF character. Honestly, because of Wreck-it-Ralph, I started getting into video games more. That's how I became a retro gamer instead of a CoD/Halo kid like everybody else in school.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm in favor of Ralph being in SSB, but the licensing might be a nightmare. Keep in mind, however, that Nintendo gave Disney/Pixar the right to use Bowser in the first movie, and is giving permission to use Mario in the next one, hopefully Disney gives concessions back to Nintendo, such as Ralph in Smash.

Honestly, given his appearance in Sonic Racing, this seems the most likely "4th Party" character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The sad thing is Ralph is possible since sakurai saw the movie and crossed over into pretty much everything i mean he met sonic the hedgehog so connection to sonic is a reason why he's possible

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The sad thing is Ralph is possible since sakurai saw the movie and crossed over into pretty much everything i mean he met sonic the hedgehog so connection to sonic is a reason why he's possible
Technically, that's not why he's allowed to have a thread. The reason is that technically he originated in a video game, as Disney released an arcade cabinet of Wreck-it Ralph before the movie came out. He's technically eligible, but by no means likely.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Technically, that's not why he's allowed to have a thread. The reason is that technically he originated in a video game, as Disney released an arcade cabinet of Wreck-it Ralph before the movie came out. He's technically eligible, but by no means likely.
Theres also the fact that the movie tie in game came out before the movie also.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Theres also the fact that the movie tie in game came out before the movie also.
I keep forgetting about that. :laugh:

I don't know about the rest of you, but Wreck-It Ralph would be my first non-Nintendo choice for a newcomer to go along with Mega Man.

I honestly prefer the idea of him to Pac-Man and other third parties. (rather Ralph is fourth party, but you know what I mean)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I keep forgetting about that. :laugh:

I don't know about the rest of you, but Wreck-It Ralph would be my first non-Nintendo choice for a newcomer to go along with Mega Man.

I honestly prefer the idea of him to Pac-Man and other third parties. (rather Ralph is fourth party, but you know what I mean)
He's not exactly forth partie

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Maybe King Candy/Turbo could be an assist trophy or a boss? He tries crashing into you as an assist trophy, which erases you from existence/glitches you out. His boss fight could also be pretty meta, with him turning into his Turbo form halfway through then eventually his Cybug form and bringing the fight to the Wii U menu or onto Miiverse - trying to destroy your console or reset the game.

D

Deleted member

I genuinely wouldn't enjoy Ralph being in Smash4, but it seems like an okay idea irregardless.

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Hell with it, I want them to tease us hardcore.

I want them to show a cut scene at the Metroid stage, where Riley would make his entrance. You hear a huge Riley like scream in the hole he flies out of, and wings flapping. Samus is shocked/scared i.e. Other M.

Right as the shadow is seen, it fades off and Wreck It Ralph comes walking out of it. "I'M GONNA WRECK IT."

-WRECK IT RALPH WRECKS HIS WAY IN-.

Make it happen.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Y'know - I was thinking about it earlier. What if Ralph and Vanellope were a tag team?

Not Ice Climbers style - but DK and Diddy style where Vanellope is on his back. It'd be a nice homage to the DKC series - and Ralph is already based on him...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Wreck it Ralph's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

D

Deleted member

Only Bruiser and Resistor really make sense upon reading the descriptions, based on Ralph's rather Hulk-like style of combat for the former and his ability to take abuse for the latter.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Only Bruiser and Resistor really make sense upon reading the descriptions, based on Ralph's rather Hulk-like style of combat for the former and his ability to take abuse for the latter.
His biggest foes would be the Speedsters and Ranger type characters correct?

D

Deleted member

His biggest foes would be the Speedsters and Ranger type characters correct?
Speedster, yes, Ranger, unsure.

Somehow, I'm envisioning Ralph as being a Ranger's worst nightmare; someone that can just muscle his way through their ranged attacks.
Might be because of my headcannon of Ralph's buddies Zangief and Bowser (who'd coincidentally be a fellow combatant) teaching him a thing or two about overcoming range gaps.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Speedster, yes, Ranger, unsure.

Somehow, I'm envisioning Ralph as being a Ranger's worst nightmare; someone that can just muscle his way through their ranged attacks.
Might be because of my headcannon of Ralph's buddies Zangief and Bowser (who'd coincidentally be a fellow combatant) teaching him a thing or two about overcoming range gaps.
What about Puppeteers like :rosalina: & :popo:? Would he be able to separate them to get an advantage?

D

Deleted member

What about Puppeteers like :rosalina: & :popo:? Would he be able to separate them to get an advantage?
Climbers aren't really puppeteers. Though I can see them giving Ralph problems.

As for Rosalina, I don't really see a clear advantage or disadvantage based on what we've seen of her.
On one hand, not giving Ralph time to attack by barraging him on both sides comes to mind, but on the other, I don't think the Luma is going to be able to do jack if Ralph successfully approaches Rosalina.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Climbers aren't really puppeteers. Though I can see them giving Ralph problems.

As for Rosalina, I don't really see a clear advantage or disadvantage based on what we've seen of her.
On one hand, not giving Ralph time to attack by barraging him on both sides comes to mind, but on the other, I don't think the Luma is going to be able to do jack if Ralph successfully approaches Rosalina.
What about characters like :4greninja:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom