• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IM GONNA WRECK IT! Wreck-It Ralph for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

More than likely, I already covered the "clear references" you are thinking of in my response to Diddy.

The only true reference is that Felix is a little guy like Mario and Ralph is a hulking brute like DK.
But if that is all that's enough to register as clear references, then Mario and DK are clear references to Popeye and Brutus. Even doubly so, since the original concept for Donkey Kong was a Popeye game.

peeup

Smash Lord
Arcade game in which a big bad guy stands atop a building and throws **** down to stop the good guy.

It doesn't really go farther than that, but that enough is a pretty clear reference. I mean, the movie is about videogames, and Mario is videogames.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just scared as **** for the day people are gonna argue DK should be replaced by Ralph.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Seeing as Ralph is not a DK rip-off, that day will never come unless you try to force it to come yourself. Though I doubt you're that much of a masochist.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
scary part is i can sorta see a day where disney technically *could* buy nintendo....

i mean Iwata would of course have to be willing to sell nintendo(or whoever owns the company at that time)....

but if you put a big enough paycheck in front of someone they'll eventually cave in....

D

Deleted member

Ralph may be not too terribly farfetched.
After all, Disney gave Sonic a somewhat large cameo (appearing more times than any other cameo except for Q*Bert, and gave important information about dying outside of your home game), and Ralph was in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed as a result.

Since there's already a sequel in the works, and the plan is to include Mario....
Perhaps Ralph being in Smash would be a promotional tool for the sequel.

It's possible, though I'm not betting on it just yet.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I mean, I do like Wreck-it-Ralph. both the movie and the character, but he's simply not fit for Smash IMO.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I agree with PsychoIncarnate. when I don't like a character I just don't support it and not whine about it, because I respect other people's opinions: something that people like Yitsul clearly don't. it's shameful that some people have such a childish behavior like this. /rant

besides, it's as Golden said (quoted below), this character is eligible for a Smash Bros. appearence, so it's not an impossibility.
A guy started an Epic Mickey thread and I posted as a supporter and the mods closed it. So much for non-sensorship there.

volbound1700

Smash Master
He is as eligible as Wreck-it Ralph. He has numerous games on Nintendo systems and both the Epic Mickey games are exclusive Nintendo games. Not to mention the Mickey Mouse in Epic Mickey is different from modern Mickey Mouse depictions.

How epic would Mickey Mouse vs. Mario be? They are the two most iconic fictional toon characters.

peeup

Smash Lord
But Sora is! Let's go Sora! Sora for Smash! Seriously though Sora is my no. 1 hope.

He is as eligible as Wreck-it Ralph. He has numerous games on Nintendo systems and both the Epic Mickey games are exclusive Nintendo games. Not to mention the Mickey Mouse in Epic Mickey is different from modern Mickey Mouse depictions.

How epic would Mickey Mouse vs. Mario be? They are the two most iconic fictional toon characters.
No, Mickey ain't eligible, sadly. To be in Smash, certain criteria have to be met. #1, you have to have been on a Nintendo console. Mickey has this. But #2 is you have to have originated in a videogame. Mickey does not have this. Ralph technically does because his arcade game came out before the movie.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Mickey started as a cartoon. Epic Mickey IS Mickey. So no. HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You can also consider Mickey's move sets with the paints and removers would be sick. Also think about how Nintendo has struggle as of late, if you could think of a third party character to add in this game, Mickey would carry more weight then Megaman, Sonic, etc. Any of them. It would be a goldmine for marketing Smash.

peeup

Smash Lord
You can also consider Mickey's move sets with the paints and removers would be sick.
While that would be indeed sick, it can't happen =( so throw your support behind Sora instead!

PS in the next Marvel vs ______ game, Mickey should be a secret character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We had a reputation system around here for some time but people got *****y about it...

:phone:

volbound1700

Smash Master
My point is that if Wreck-It Ralph can have a thread then why not Epic Mickey?

Sora would be a good option I guess but I have never played Kingdom Hearts so I could care less. I don't see Sora, Epic Mickey, or Wreck-it Ralph in Smash 4 but they deserve discussion.

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah man give it a rest with Mickey, he literally is not allowed to be in Smash.

Ralph has a slim shot, Sora has a slimmer shot. But I swear I would buy a Wii U just for Smash if Sora was in it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Shadow Mario's painting style and the painting style in Epic Mickey is VERY DIFFERENT and the moveset would be very different.

peeup

Smash Lord
Yeah but Mickey literally has zero shot of getting in to Smash. His entrance would be against the rules.

D

Deleted member

Not only is Mickey inelligble, but the company that made the Epic Mickey games, Junction Point Studios, closed down due to the poor sales of the 2nd game. That means the series is now dead.
Also, this is the Ralph thread. As much of a longshot he is, he still is an elligible candidate.

Now stop talking about Mickey.

peeup

Smash Lord
I think Ralph's chances depend on how many 3rd party slots Sakurai will allow for. I'm assuming - and I know, I'm making an *** of u and me - Pac-Man and MegaMan are the two that will make it. But if Sakurai is open to 3 new 3rd parties, building off Brawl's 2, then I think Ralph has the best chance of other 3rd parties simply because of his appearance in that Sonic racing game.

D

Deleted member

Even though I heavily support Ralph, I have to admit that his chances aren't really that good.
In fact, I'm willing more to bet that unless Nintendo and Disney make a deal for Mario to have a plot-important role/cameo in the sequel in exchange for Ralph in Smash not unlike what happened with Sega and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Ralph's not getting in.

Now, it is possible that it could happen, considering that the director is planning on Mario appearing in the sequel. However, that is no guarantee that Nintendo would make the same kind of deal that Sega did. And even if they were willing to make it, would Sakurai go with it, seeing as he's calling the shots on Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom