• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm beginning to think Pit is overpowered.

SiriusGold

Smash Rookie
I main Lucas, and I believe I'm fairly good. I'm playing here against ancient Melee masters, and yes, though the physics changed and all, still, that's all I can tell you to prove my point.

Playing against Marth has always be rough for me... but now I have someone here who started maining Pit and... OMG!!!!!

...either the guy playing is just REALLY good (and this one isn't!), or Pit is broken!

Ok, I don't want to make assumptions like that already but dang!

First, he keeps you at bay with those **** stunning arrows, and then he forward-b's you into racking damage every time you try to get close. And that **** f-b has high priority. Not to mention a reflector, the ability to come back to the stage further than anyone else in the game, and a nice set of A moves.

****, I'm starting to hate Pit. :mad:

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Pits not broken. Either you think you know how to play or your friend has much more experience than you. Pit has great recovery but lacks better damage, and lacks certain moves. Trust me, while he has somethings going for him, he also has some things against him.

mario8498

Smash Cadet
Pits not broken. Either you think you know how to play or your friend has much more experience than you. Pit has great recovery but lacks better damage, and lacks certain moves. Trust me, while he has somethings going for him, he also has some things against him.
Agreed. Pit is extremely underpowered. The guy you are playing is just good at keeping you away and comboing.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
I main Lucas, and I believe I'm fairly good. I'm playing here against ancient Melee masters, and yes, though the physics changed and all, still, that's all I can tell you to prove my point.

Playing against Marth has always be rough for me... but now I have someone here who started maining Pit and... OMG!!!!!

...either the guy playing is just REALLY good (and this one isn't!), or Pit is broken!

Ok, I don't want to make assumptions like that already but dang!

First, he keeps you at bay with those **** stunning arrows, and then he forward-b's you into racking damage every time you try to get close. And that **** f-b has high priority. Not to mention a reflector, the ability to come back to the stage further than anyone else in the game, and a nice set of A moves.

****, I'm starting to hate Pit. :mad:
dont hate him just cause hes good

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I main Lucas, ----

the game is super balanced despite what yout hink, you just have to learn to fight each character differently basically.

arrows are good but its just like falco lasers, you can get around them.

DI away from the forward B and it won't **** you

TWO reflectors, thank you.

Good recovery, but gimpable easily.

Hardly any rediculous kill moves, like say Lucas's every smash (trust me, I second Lucas and I love them ****ing smashes.)

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
I think Pit is overannoying with certain attacks making him yell "NYAYAYAYAYAYAYA". It seems that many people YouTube'rs like to play with him and don't mind his antics. I have yet to see a killing move besides his back air. But all in all, he's fast(both in ground speed, aerial speed and attack speed), has an excellent recovery and his **** arrows can shift in almost any angle.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I think Pit is overannoying with certain attacks making him yell "NYAYAYAYAYAYAYA". It seems that many people YouTube'rs like to play with him and don't mind his antics. I have yet to see a killing move besides his back air. But all in all, he's fast(both in ground speed, aerial speed and attack speed), has an excellent recovery and his **** arrows can shift in almost any angle.
Pit can rack up dmg fast enough so that he doesn't need a too good of a killing move to kill. His dsmash and uair imo are very good killing moves for a character like that. his air game is so good, which is perfect for brawl which puts the emphasis on air.

jamai

Smash Cadet
In our group the joke is that no matter what character you try to main, Pit is your main because he's so easy to win with, and it's true. Whenever I pick Pit I win, whenever my friends pick Pit, they win, so we try to avoid plying as Pit because it's not fun.

Pit reminds me of a certain Marth back in the early Melee days and Kirby in the SB64 days. Very easy to pick up and win with even if you've only been him a few times.

That said, it's two weeks in and I have what... 20 hours at most of brawl 1v1 experience? I'm hoping Pit is just going to be an easy character to pick up and nothing more, but I am a little worried so far because I'm seeing this all over the place. So here's to hoping either Pit will hit a glass ceiling early on or he'll lack something other characters will gain that we haven't found/mastered yet.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
It kind of depends how you use him...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Pit is not overpowered at all. He has a hard time killing, and he can't reliably combo from any of his throws. Arrows are horrible unless the opponent is far away from you or trying to recover. He's just a fast character that lives forever from having decent weight and an awesome recovery...but even that can be stopped by just poking him since he won't be able to Up B again after being hit.

I'd say he's probably high tier or bottom of top tier. Toon Link seems clearly better than him, for instance.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
When you approach Pit, just be careful. He can randomly do fast stuff or shoot an arrow. You have to react. Punish him by DIing out of his forward B and hitting him through it, or wait for him to use an arrow when you're too close. I don't have experience fighting against Pit, so I can only mention stuff people did to mine.

PitX_Ultima

Smash Rookie
Pit may seem overpowered, because he is close to being it. Though if you really pay attention to his abilities and moves, you'll see that unless you know how to control him well it could all go wrong. Most of his attacks are hard to counter and don't have many openings, but mind games will finish him off quickly. Trust me, I've played Pit, and I found Im quite good with him. But my best friend is like a smash lord, and even though he is bad against fast characters, he easily beat me with mind games. Also, you could make the mistake of overusing some of his moves and leading yourself into a world of hurt.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Overusing his moves makes them weaker and weaker as that stock goes on, meaning you have to save his killing moves for later. It's part of using Pit well. He's not easy to use at all.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Pit isn't over powered like certain characters in melee.. But looks like one of the better ones.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
From what I've seen Pit's standard attack range [this is apart from the arrows] isn't that good, so you just have to take advance of that.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
well. i have played pit for a wholesome maybe 32 hours since i first played brawl. so i would say i strugled with the Ranged characters and i have issues with Olimar and the pikmen. marth was pretty easy as long as i kept distance between us. Ike was a differnt story. once he finds a way to get past my arrows he can sweet spot the tip of his blade and get me considering pits range is horible unless u put forward tilt as his longest hit box move....

Pit has the crappiest hit box his comboes are based on arials. his throws cannot continue a combo but... i must say Pit is a great character all round he is my favorite. i play against other pit players and i do fairly well just because i know how they are going to play. even when im not pit.

Xervah

Smash Cadet
I think pit looks to be one of the best, so yeah he is kind of overpowered. It doesn't really matter though because this game looks to be far more balanced than melee was, at least so far.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
With experience I would say that Pit is probably gonna be about Peach's position in melee, pretty good but not as good as some obvious others like metaknight and marth.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It's definitely a learning curve issue. Pit has an easy learn curve to pick up, but I bet as time passes, he'll be hard to keep up with the rest.

As far as I've heard there are many overpowered characters, like Toon Link, Marth, Dedede, Sonic, Lucario, Metaknight, Kirby, ROB, now Pit... I think the game's just balanced.. thank God. ^,^

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Well let's see. 2 reflectors, each of which has a special characteristic, but neither of which is capable of protecting your rear, fast attacks, insane recovery, decent kill moves, and a projectile you can manipulate mid-flight?

Yeah, he's broken.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
Well let's see. 2 reflectors, each of which has a special characteristic, but neither of which is capable of protecting your rear, fast attacks, insane recovery, decent kill moves, and a projectile you can manipulate mid-flight?

Yeah, he's broken.
****TY HIT BOX!!

iwhat good is keeping u at 200% its hard for pit to hid u with his smash or back air. shortest range in the game. i strugle with marths. they have insane range and if they keep thier spacing. they are good.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pit does lack just about any finishing moves. Sure he can rack up some damage but he needs alot before he can KO off of his lower knockback smashes.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
he gets knocked up fast and hard up the air tho. as long as you get knocked from the sides or down you will awlays come back tho lol. pits a beast in normal hands, THE SMASHER in the pro hands.

still a lot of chars can keep him on his toes. you need to be hella good tho O.o

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
naaaaaaa

In our group the joke is that no matter what character you try to main, Pit is your main because he's so easy to win with, and it's true. Whenever I pick Pit I win, whenever my friends pick Pit, they win, so we try to avoid plying as Pit because it's not fun.

Pit reminds me of a certain Marth back in the early Melee days and Kirby in the SB64 days. Very easy to pick up and win with even if you've only been him a few times.

That said, it's two weeks in and I have what... 20 hours at most of brawl 1v1 experience? I'm hoping Pit is just going to be an easy character to pick up and nothing more, but I am a little worried so far because I'm seeing this all over the place. So here's to hoping either Pit will hit a glass ceiling early on or he'll lack something other characters will gain that we haven't found/mastered yet.
pit has an extremely fatal weakness
his recovery is his downfall
if you hit him after he does his upb he cant recover anymore

kirby, ddd, metaK, links, olimar, pika, lucas, ness, mario, luigi, wario, peach among others could knock him down by either
1. using a projectile
2. throwing an item (eh)
3. jumping down and hitting him, then flying up again

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
yeah

kirby, ddd, metaK, links, olimar, pika, lucas, ness, mario, luigi, wario, peach among others could knock him down by either
1. using a projectile
2. throwing an item (eh)

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet

1. using a projectile
2. throwing an item (eh)

Good point nintengod. Pit is awsome but.. he has lots of downfalls. small hitbox. doesnt fair to well to fast characters with bigger hitbox. like... metak, marth, ike. its hard to aproach if they know how to play those chars and even aproaching is out of the question. you gota find a way to get mind games going.

and jamai u guys must be noobs if you havnt figured out how to get past pits arrows and moves. for christ sake... heavy shield walk heavy shield walk. once they are close to pit, pit can either jump. get word tiped and comboes. or go for the grab or get downtilted or forward tilted. jumpt and glide below the stage and hope that on recovery they dont spike you or combo.

Top Bottom