• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm begining to frown upon Brawl's wi-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'm getting a little disappointed with wi-fi now-a-days. One of the things that really bugs me: Spammers on there.Seriously, about 9/10 matches I play on wi-fi with everyone has noobs who spam.PK fire spamming Lucas?Yep.B attack spamming MKs?Check.Angel Ring spamming Pits?But of course.I cannot stand their lack of strategies and use of spam, it makes me tired of going against people.Then there's item users.Oh god, they use items just to get cheap little K.O.s they cannot achieve by themselves.It pains me to participate in those matches.And finally, lag.About 9.5/10 matches I participate in has uber lag, and cause me to mess up utterly, adding MORE deaths to my list. Brawling with friends is fine for me, minus the lag, but I can at least stay with that.
I apologize for my rant people ._. but seriously...
I hope that by "item users", you mean noobs that use items, and not people who use diddy or snake. If you mean the later, you are a big noob.

I flip flop when it comes to Brawl's wifi. Some months I love it; others I despise it. You need to play wifi carefully and think ahead. You can't just mindlessly attack. The same holds true for regular Brawl, so in that sense it teaches you the proper elements to incorporate into your game : foresight and caution. It also teaches you match-ups. Unfortunately, besides match-up experience, there isn't much else that carries over from wifi to regular Brawl in my opinion (at least my opinion this month). Button input lag is a double-edged sword. On one side it teaches you to play smarter, and on the other it ingrains bad habits and approaches into your head that don't work outside the realm of wifi. Also, any REAL wifi competition is tarnished by disproportionate player lag. I've heard many cases of people proving that input lag is different for different players. If the game lagged equally for everyone I would have much less problems with it. It worries me that the initial MLG rankings for 2010 are going to be decided by Wifi matches 0.o Regardless of how I feel about wifi, I play it only on occasion. A little wifi doesn't hurt. Too much wifi = fail.

Most of you're post sounds like big johns to me. No offense :p. lol.

Seriously though, why does Nintendo have to be so F**king cheap? Mario Cart Wii has great wifi. It baffles my mind why Brawl does not.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Items don't improve my gaming ~___~
Maybe once in awhile i'll use them just for fun with my friends (and to get more songs), but other than that i don't.

Oh hi people! I haven't been here in a while :D

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm ok with items, but when it's all Smash Balls and Golden Hammers I draw the line.

Fan battles and Super Scope Shootouts are awesome though.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
My friend, who also lives in Florida, was bummed by that too!
*holds Hoshi*
There there. Everything is going to be okay ;__;

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
FFFF no it won't.Teh FCAT decides if we pass or not, plus we has time zone change soon and I'm just gonna be all like "=_=' Nergh, I'm sleepy."D:
That's the same thing I had xD Except in Connecticut it's called CAPT and I was in England at the time and forgot all about it last year. So now i'm taking classes that would help me pass xP

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Kaito Kid and Conan Edogawa!!!!
I miss Case Closed D:
Best detective anime!

@Blue
Lucky D:
I wish i was back in England ~___~

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sup mah peoplez, whats gud?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Eh gurl, nudin much, just chillin, sippin from a papuh cup...

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
@lucas
Oh iight. O:
dats cool.

@Hoshi
i get a headache just typing it xD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Eyo hoshi, whadup, you gud ova der?

Yo sato, iight, i feel ya homie, peace shawty

(Im a part of spectrum, i gotta do this xD)

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yo sista, you bet der iz, we gonna take ova...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Dont worry, i am no longer of spectrum Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom