• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm back to help with some clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Nothing against the boards, but I've seen some very bad advice and somewhat bad input on very simple things. Since nobody that well known with Lucario seems to want to deal with it or are fed up with trying, I'll try my hand at helping clean up some of the uncertainty I've been seeing around here to lighten that burden on the others. :dizzy:

Onward with the postage. :)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Nothing personal but this doesn't deserve its own thread. Instead of creating this thread you should of just posted this in the General Chat. This thread should be closed.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Hawk, people have been giving horrible advice on Lucario in this forum for ages. It's almost like a memorable pastime to speak out of your rear.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Nothing personal but this doesn't deserve its own thread. Instead of creating this thread you should of just posted this in the General Chat. This thread should be closed.
I'm aware. I really should have posted this in the general thread but you don't really think clearly real late at night when you decide to do something at the spur of the moment.

Hawk, people have been giving horrible advice on Lucario in this forum for ages. It's almost like a memorable pastime to speak out of your rear.
Funny little quip. You here all week? Or should I book my ticket for the next show in advance? >.> (Please don't take that personally, I just can't resist returning the favor.)

Saying the boards are lacking good information is hardly talking out my behind. It was a lot better back when the Lucario forum had good input. Players that have gone off the radar like Timbers, Jeepy, Samuelson, etc gave great advice and corrected people when they posted wrongful information. At least back then people actually knew the common match ups, counter pick options, and what have you or could learn them by reading up.

I see things like, lul, FP chain grab still works when it doesn't, Rainbow Cruise being a good counter pick against DDD... Really? Just shows me that people either don't know Lucario play at higher levels, or just don't pay attention to the current metagame. Which could easily be the problem given there aren't very many high level players who haven't switched off Lucario. I myself finally picked up a secondary, cause there are some match ups I almost would recommend that method of thinking for the Lucario player's sanity.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I see things like, lul, FP chain grab still works when it doesn't, Rainbow Cruise being a good counter pick against DDD... Really? Just shows me that people either don't know Lucario play at higher levels, or just don't pay attention to the current metagame.
It's funny when FP chain grab has been known not to work yet I see people still thinking it works.

Most people who know what they are talking about agree RC is a bad stage vs DDD. Some disagree that it isn't terrible but I'd recommend picking better cps anyways.

Which could easily be the problem given there aren't very many high level players who haven't switched off Lucario. I myself finally picked up a secondary, cause there are some match ups I almost would recommend that method of thinking for the Lucario player's sanity.
Meh, I picked my mains and took their weaknesses, if people want to do the same I say just suck it up and deal. If you don't want to deal with the bad MUs I say pick a different character. Only case I think a secondary is truly needed is when the MU is 30:70 or worse.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
It's funny when FP chain grab has been known not to work yet I see people still thinking it works.

Most people who know what they are talking about agree RC is a bad stage vs DDD. Some disagree that it isn't terrible but I'd recommend picking better cps anyways.
I can really sympathize with you on the "most people" thing. I'm not saying every poster posts wrongful things, it's just that that good information seems few and far in between for the most part. Just trying to help out fellow players because I do feel Lucario needs more representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom