• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm a gamestop CHAMPION!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yup, I got a wrestling trophy + NES controller CD case.

Anyone going to regionals in Glendora?

The Game II

Smash Champion
The one I went to with DSF was ****ing hilarious, ****ing horrible, ****ing dumb. And a lot of people will share the same sediments at other Gamestops :(

--GCII

Arash

Smash Lord
what rules did dsf have to go through? is it along the lines of:

last minute change to 3 mins
only final smashes and assist trophies set to very high
locked to one character for the whole tournament
all stages on random
single elimination
>150 man tournament?

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
lmaooo I went to the San Jose tourney where the finals are going to be held. About 104 people showed up (from what others were saying). And here were the rules that were supposed to happen:

3 minute time
Final Smashes, Pokeballs, Assist Trophies on.
Were to run 8 man tournies on 8 stations using tournament mode (one char lock)
Battlefield only
Single Elim
Nunchunk wiimote
Starts at 10pm

Heres what really happened:
Signups ended at 11:30
Midnight things actually get started by starting 1 mini tourney
Although there were 8 stations, the most they had up were 4 matches at a time, and that was if they were lucky.
No one reported their matches, thus didn't know who was playing who.
Someone reset one of the first mini tournaments, thus they didnt know what to do.
They then decided to go down the list and call matches for the next 2 people he read, and by that time, half the people had left.
When I played, they were still only about 2/3 in the first round, and it was 1:15, so I ended up winning then conceding cause I felt like staying there wasnt worth it.
And one guy was being stupid and was just managing the big screen displays instead of helping out calling matches

Though I must say, their little tournament stage is very nice, except the fact that they use hi-def TVs. Just too bad they didnt know how to run a large tourney

Xeris

Smash Rookie
our tournament rules were...

1 Minute FFA, Single Elim, All items on Very high, Default characters ONLY, NO NGC Controllers,

Friends threw the matches for each other, and signed up on seperate pages in an attempt to assure victory to their friends.

R
E
T
A
R
D
E
D

27K ARV Based on the ****tiest measure of consistant skill EVER IN TOURNY HISTORY

GAMESTOP

FAILURE

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Man I gotta take a picture with my trophy and post it in this topic.

My rules were pretty good. Choose your character, 3 minute 1v1, no items (2 TVs and they forgot to turn items off on mine, but they were on low so it was okay), battlefield only. Pretty sweet.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
WTF Mike, no Fohawk?

My Gamestop had awesome rules:
First off, it was melee, not brawl
3 stock, 4 player FFA
Super mushrooms on
FD only
Ultra laggy TV(im talking 20 frames of lag at least)

Unfortunatly I didn't get to enter, but I did bet the kid who won(by up b spamming with Link) that I could beat him with any random character he chose for me.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I challenge anyone to top the "rules" DSF and I had to deal with. wow

--GCII
Ill take that challenge
At mine the rules were 1 minute matches, no items (thank god), and the winner had to keep playing everybody whos still in
Which means if your first you have to beat everybody, and if your last you have to beat one person
My match came up second, so I had to beat 25+ people without dying
About 15 people I could just throw off the ledge and they couldnt up+b back, but the others would run around and survive the whole minute, and I had to pray I wouldnt get owned in sudden death
We randomed one of those map maker stages with the big *** walls, and the other player got the idea and rolled until sudden death. A bomb-omb hits me and Im flying off in the distance. I look away pissed, but apparently one hits him and somehow (bad DI maybe?) he dies off to the side before I blink out.

I think the only way a tourny could have been worse than this is if the characters chosen were random and items were on. Anyone have that?

Oh and my next round is in Pico. BTW Mike is your trophy goldish? Cause mine is silver

Dodger

Smash Ace
I feel like such an idiot now. I thought the tournament was at midnight, but when I got to my local gamestop they said it started at 10. D'oh.

fargokraft

Smash Apprentice
lawl, I thought Dodger was the champion because his name was on the last reply section. XD
(in other words, I thought he was the creator of this thread)
I was going to be like "NIiiiiiiiiice"

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Ill take that challenge
At mine the rules were 1 minute matches, no items (thank god), and the winner had to keep playing everybody whos still in
Which means if your first you have to beat everybody, and if your last you have to beat one person
My match came up second, so I had to beat 25+ people without dying
About 15 people I could just throw off the ledge and they couldnt up+b back, but the others would run around and survive the whole minute, and I had to pray I wouldnt get owned in sudden death
We randomed one of those map maker stages with the big *** walls, and the other player got the idea and rolled until sudden death. A bomb-omb hits me and Im flying off in the distance. I look away pissed, but apparently one hits him and somehow (bad DI maybe?) he dies off to the side before I blink out.

I think the only way a tourny could have been worse than this is if the characters chosen were random and items were on. Anyone have that?
Wow you are a f*ckin savage for making it through that tourney. Good **** Emil

embracethe12

Smash Lord
our tournament rules were...

1 Minute FFA, Single Elim, All items on Very high, Default characters ONLY, NO NGC Controllers,

Friends threw the matches for each other, and signed up on seperate pages in an attempt to assure victory to their friends.

R
E
T
A
R
D
E
D

27K ARV Based on the ****tiest measure of consistant skill EVER IN TOURNY HISTORY

GAMESTOP

FAILURE
honestly. I stood no chance to the 3v1 friendly ffas in the tourney. It was all bull****. When we made it to 1v1's it was 1 same rules and i got taken out in sudden death. (i tripped -__-)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
couldnt go cuz of parents.
johns
PsychoMidget lost due to getting a somewhat bad stage
johns
lol I traded getting 1st for a free Brawl copy :p
win
I feel like such an idiot now. I thought the tournament was at midnight, but when I got to my local gamestop they said it started at 10. D'oh.
fuxin mindgames

dont worry, same happened to swiftbass. except his started at 2 pm.. wtf?!

Top Bottom