• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Palette Swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think Ike should get Lord or Vanguard for his alternate costume. Lord preferably

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Dude... Greil as a costume is great and all, but do you know what really would be the best? Assist Trophy Greil.

You know you want Ike's huge dad to come knock the bleep out of your enemies. Ike and Greil, side-by-side again...

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Dude... Greil as a costume is great and all, but do you know what really would be the best? Assist Trophy Greil.

You know you want Ike's huge dad to come knock the bleep out of your enemies. Ike and Greil, side-by-side again...
If Ike gets the trophy.

"IKE.. STAY BACK"

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Better keep him away from the Black Knight Assist Trophy.
You know in Brawl I remember when Subspace was being shown I was like.

"I would so like a Black Knight boss battle" I still do now, but even more so a two on two.

With Ike and Lucas vs The Black Knight and The Masked Man

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Technically I think Ike just caught up to Greil, father and son beefcakes lol. :D

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Probably surpassed him actually. Ike didn't mess up his own sword hand like Greil felt he had too after all
To be fair, Greil did lose his mind and do something unspeakable with a sword, so... yeah. I think I'd consider ending my sword career, too.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
To be fair, Greil did lose his mind and do something unspeakable with a sword, so... yeah. I think I'd consider ending my sword career, too.
True true, still tried to defy the weapon triangle like a boss.

But yeah going to alts, I now want to see Greil! Ike

Hong

The Strongest
Probably surpassed him actually. Ike didn't mess up his own sword hand like Greil felt he had too after all
Well, Ike, whether it's just because he is humble or not, outright says at the end of things that his father was still a better warrior. Had Greil not cut the tendons in his hand, I'd like to believe Greil would outmatch him if he at all trained as hard as Ike did in the span of the three years between the end of the Crimean war and the beginning of Radiant Dawn.

It is quite the handicap so yeah, Ike is certainly the better fighter overall by the time he defeated the Black Knight for the second time.

Speaking of, while I would not want Ike having a Black Knight outfit for a number of reasons, I'd at least like to see a palette of black adorned with red in reference to him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True true, still tried to defy the weapon triangle like a boss.

But yeah going to alts, I now want to see Greil! Ike
The best I can see is Ike wearing Greil's outfit.

Well, Ike, whether it's just because he is humble or not, outright says at the end of things that his father was still a better warrior. Had Greil not cut the tendons in his hand, I'd like to believe Greil would outmatch him if he at all trained as hard as Ike did in the span of the three years between the end of the Crimean war and the beginning of Radiant Dawn.

It is quite the handicap so yeah, Ike is certainly the better fighter overall by the time he defeated the Black Knight for the second time.

Speaking of, while I would not want Ike having a Black Knight outfit for a number of reasons, I'd at least like to see a palette of black adorned with red in reference to him.
Yeah I'd love a Black Knight inspired recolor.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Black Knight Ike would be kinda cool really. Even if just his color scheme

Igneous42

Smash Ace
With the Famitsu scan that came out today I think Priam is possible. If we could get a Priam alt of Ike voiced by Jamieson Price I wouldn't have to play other characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With the Famitsu scan that came out today I think Priam is possible. If we could get a Priam alt of Ike voiced by Jamieson Price I wouldn't have to play other characters.
I really think they'll just bring Roy back as an alt of Ike. Roy's slower fighting style, couple with the fact that in the original game his promotion was closer to a Hero anyway and him getting a Hero class as DLC kinda makes me believe they'd rather bring Roy back. Also keep in mind, Roy is far more requested as well, they can give some of Roy's old moves back and assign them to Ike's specials, and when playing as the Roy skin, the fire attacks are red instead of blue.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I really think they'll just bring Roy back as an alt of Ike. Roy's slower fighting style, couple with the fact that in the original game his promotion was closer to a Hero anyway and him getting a Hero class as DLC kinda makes me believe they'd rather bring Roy back. Also keep in mind, Roy is far more requested as well, they can give some of Roy's old moves back and assign them to Ike's specials, and when playing as the Roy skin, the fire attacks are red instead of blue.
I think if that was the case, they'd just put Roy in the game as a standalone character. I wish he was in the game to be honest. Roy's Sword of Seals made Marth's Falchion look like a baseball bat... and I don't mean the one from Smash lol that freaking fire though. I know when I got a crit-hit with Roy in Binding Blade I was WAYYYY more excited than getting a critical with Marth... I'm saying all this and Marth's my favorite char (Roy's second). Actually I think Roy might be my favorite :D

Here's to hoping Roy's a secret unlockable character!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think if that was the case, they'd just put Roy in the game as a standalone character. I wish he was in the game to be honest. Roy's Sword of Seals made Marth's Falchion look like a baseball bat... and I don't mean the one from Smash lol that freaking fire though. I know when I got a crit-hit with Roy in Binding Blade I was WAYYYY more excited than getting a critical with Marth... I'm saying all this and Marth's my favorite char (Roy's second).

Here's to hoping Roy's a secret unlockable character!
We've already got four FE characters, Roy being a separate characters is completely unlikely to happen.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Guts costume
On a serious note, how bout Ogma costume? He was the original hero, and Ike is based on the hero archetype in FE.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
We've already got four FE characters, Roy being a separate characters is completely unlikely to happen.
Sakurai has surprised us with a lot of things...

Maybe... If you wish, and wish hard, my friend... You may see the Sword of Seals Master again.

Just let me dream /;

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'd like to see King Ashnard as one of Ike's costumes, he's big enough to have one of the evil king himself.

Tophick

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tophick
3DS FC
3411-1419-6075
I always thought that they can give us his Path of Radiance appearance, it was the default model in Brawl after all. Perhaps throw in the Lord attire as well.

Maybe having his Vanguard class outfit as well

And finally, his FE Awakening appearance

All of these would be dope!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Ike should be Ike, not an Homage to hector....if anyone is actually close to Ike it would be Raven...
Yes, that's because Raven is a Mercenary like Ike. But Hector is a very popular Lord in the series and, like Ike, is a Lord that defies the Marth-esque style of fighting. You can argue Lucinda is one too but she's a faster swordsman like Marth.

It's not saying Ike is Hector. It's simply a nice nod to all of the Hector fans out there.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yes, that's because Raven is a Mercenary like Ike. But Hector is a very popular Lord in the series and, like Ike, is a Lord that defies the Marth-esque style of fighting. You can argue Lucinda is one too but she's a faster swordsman like Marth.

It's not saying Ike is Hector. It's simply a nice nod to all of the Hector fans out there.
It doesn't fit him, it looks wrong on Ike..

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Would have looked even more wrong on Marth lol at least it's only an available costume that you choose to use.
Why is that? no one asked for that, all the requests were that they make the Lord, Vanguard, Hero...that's it....I don't recall anyone requested for Hector attire, if you are familiar with Ike, you will know that his design revolve around the essentials, which wears as less armour as possible, he wears one shoulder pad because he need his sword arm free of extra weight, because he's holding a huge sword with one hand, he only needs armour on his left arm because it's the arm that he needs to use for parrying attacks and it's his weaker arm, he wears armour over his shins to cover from low swipes he wears armour over his chest and hips, Ike needs to be as light as possible to perform all these acrobatics, it's a pre requisite for Aether too, where he needs to jump and do all these acrobatic moves....Ike is a mercenary, and they only need to cover the essentials, and the armour doesn't represent Ike's badassnes, it looks like a ****ty nobles armour for wusses, and it's the most plain armour I've seen in my life, and don't get me wrong I really like Hector, but his armour is so plain and terrible, and I've always liked Eliwood over Hector.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Why is that? no one asked for that, all the requests were that they make the Lord, Vanguard, Hero...that's it....I don't recall anyone requested for Hector attire, if you are familiar with Ike, you will know that his design revolve around the essentials, which wears as less armour as possible, he wears one shoulder pad because he need his sword arm free of extra weight, because he's holding a huge sword with one hand, he only needs armour on his left arm because it's the arm that he needs to use for parrying attacks and it's his weaker arm, he wears armour over his shins to cover from low swipes he wears armour over his chest and hips, Ike needs to be as light as possible to perform all these acrobatics, it's a pre requisite for Aether too, where he needs to jump and do all these acrobatic moves....Ike is a mercenary, and they only need to cover the essentials, and the armour doesn't represent Ike's badassnes, it looks like a ****ty nobles armour for wusses, and it's the most plain armour I've seen in my life, and don't get me wrong I really like Hector, but his armour is so plain and terrible, and I've always liked Eliwood over Hector.
Well I'm no fan of Hector either. I can definitely agree on Eliwood. But Hector's armor in general is pretty plain. I never said I liked the armor. But if it was made for anything, it was made to hype up the Hector fans. It's not supposed to represent Ike. That's all I'm getting at. Plus, it's not really a big deal since you don't have to use the costume. I know I wouldn't use it... wayyyy too much blue.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well I'm no fan of Hector either. I can definitely agree on Eliwood. But Hector's armor in general is pretty plain. I never said I liked the armor. But if it was made for anything, it was made to hype up the Hector fans. It's not supposed to represent Ike. That's all I'm getting at. Plus, it's not really a big deal since you don't have to use the costume. I know I wouldn't use it... wayyyy too much blue.
That's true too much blue, they can make it look better on Ike, by following Ogma armour

Sleeveless is good, and that chainmail is an eyesore...all they need is take off the sleeves, change the chain mail into a shirt and change the colour of the armour to teal similar to the vanguard armour, while changing his bandana colour to red....and yes take of the right shoulder...

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
That would definitely look better on Ike. Enough armor for that durable look but lack of armor around the joints for that acrobatic feel.

Me likes

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I don't think Hector is a good fit for Ike. Ike is based on a Mercenary/Hero, Hector is based on a General.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

So guys what do you think of this dude, he even coincide to be released a year after Path of Radiance I think it's a shout out to Intelligent System, it's the Shozu Kaga (Fire Emblem creator) game on PS2, his name is Sherpa, I can see Hector, Ike and Greil in him, and he does look like Guts from Berserk too!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
With Sakurai stating that Lucina was once originally just an alt. costume, and with The two WFTs. I think it isn't impossible to assume Ike could receive one of his PoR designs like the Ranger and Lord as alts. With Lucina obviously being slimmer and smaller, and Male WFT looking slightly bulkier and taller, I'm guessing it wouldn't be that hard to have Ike have his Ranger design given how popular it is due to Brawl and PoR itself. It would also help quiet those disappointed in his Hero design, that liked the old PoR. (Trust me, I saw a lot of them, when Ike was first announced)

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Vanguard, Lord, and MAYBE Ranger (for those who preferred Brawl Ike [I already like the look of Smash 4 Ike]). Having one that looks like Greil would be pretty slick as well, but isn't Ike's Lord costume KINDA based on Greil's costume with the whole Shoulder Pad, Strap, and Cape combo (not that I would complain at all if both were in there)?

Greil

vs.
FE9 Lord Ike

vs.
FE10 Lord Ike

Wait, I just noticed something. The length of Ike's left shoulder armor and how well it protects him shows off his growth in skill. When he was a kid, he had no shoulder pads. As a Ranger, he had a tiny pad. As a Lord, he had a long armor pad that could slice stuff if Ike was too close to someone/something else (it didn't curve). As a Hero, it started to cover his left arm a bit (it started to curve). And as a Vanguard, it covered his ENTIRE left arm. Coincidence? I think not!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Vanguard, Lord, and MAYBE Ranger (for those who preferred Brawl Ike [I already like the look of Smash 4 Ike]). Having one that looks like Greil would be pretty slick as well, but isn't Ike's Lord costume KINDA based on Greil's costume with the whole Shoulder Pad, Strap, and Cape combo (not that I would complain at all if both were in there)?

Greil

vs.
FE9 Lord Ike

vs.
FE10 Lord Ike

Wait, I just noticed something. The length of Ike's left shoulder armor and how well it protects him shows off his growth in skill. When he was a kid, he had no shoulder pads. As a Ranger, he had a tiny pad. As a Lord, he had a long armor pad that could slice stuff if Ike was too close to someone/something else (it didn't curve). As a Hero, it started to cover his left arm a bit (it started to curve). And as a Vanguard, it covered his ENTIRE left arm. Coincidence? I think not!
Makes sense, but I also think that only his whole left arm was armored to emphasize his use of Ragnell with one hand and to allow better movement of his right arm (his sword arm). It's also to emphasize his Hero class in which his left arm (armored) could serve as a shield, referencing the Hero class in general which is normally depicted as a sword-and-shield class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom