• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Palette Swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
FE9 Ike, hopefully with Lord as his base attire. Wii Fit Trainer shows that physique doesn't matter, only proportions.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Perhaps he'll have a Path of Radiance costume to please fans of his Brawl look.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Vanguard Ike, definitely.

Other than that, maybe his father's garb?

Not necessarily Greil himself, but the undershirt, the color of the shoulder guard, and the cape should be easy to make.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I agree with the PoR attire or Brawl being a great alternate look. Its something simple and easy, plus pleases the people who may prefer it to the new look. Just as long as we don't get the FE13 look. Holy crap that was bad

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Vanguard look suits me just fine as an alt, since it is technically the other costume worn by this specific Ike.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I always thought that they can give us his Path of Radiance appearance, it was the default model in Brawl after all. Perhaps throw in the Lord attire as well.

Maybe having his Vanguard class outfit as well

And finally, his FE Awakening appearance

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I always thought that they can give us his Path of Radiance appearance, it was the default model in Brawl after all. Perhaps throw in the Lord attire as well.

Maybe having his Vanguard class outfit as well

And finally, his FE Awakening appearance

I personally feel as though we're going to get all of these..well, maybe not Awakening. I'm really hoping for Lord and Vanguard though.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Darn it, all my ideas for alt. costumes have already been taken.
If he only gets 1 alt, my money's on Vangaurd.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm putting money on Lord design, and his Awakening DLC design.
Especially his Lord design.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I wish Vanguard was his default look, so that would be baller if it was an alt.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I liked all of them, especially the blue one. Although I'm excited to see some new ones in HD.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The simple answer seems to be his Vaguard outfit. It is, after all, essentially the same as his current outfit with slightly more armor.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
A lot of people are talking Vanguard. To tell the truth, I've never played any of Ike's games, but I've considered it. I have looked up this vanguard thing and it looks pretty interesting.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, the one on the right end is basically the color palette for his basic Smash 4 model, so that won't be an "alternate color," but the main color.

Instead, maybe it'll be reversed, and his "blue and red" Ranger colors will be an alternate color palette.

Or if that's boring, since he's guaranteed to have a red, blue, yellow and green getup anyway... there's always the good ol' black n' white.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The Greil palette has to make the run-back.
And that's why yellow team is best team.

"You think you can defeat me? The man who taught you how to fight? Come on, boy! Try me!"

RIP in peace, Ike's dad ;_;

Zelgius is such a dastard.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
To think, for all the 'roids remarks people are making on Radiant Dawn Ike, he is still a pipsqueak compared to his papi.:troll:

In every Smash Bros, the Fire Emblem characters get at least one palette that is a reference to a character in a previous entry. Ike in Brawl certainly has that Sigurd thing going on, while Marth has an outfit based on Leif. I wonder if Sigurd will translate to the new Ike design, and if not, maybe we'll get a Hector-esque blue Ike instead. If Chrom shows up, he can don the Sigurd threads just fine.

Surely, at the very least they can give his armour some teal and silver plating to reflect his Vanguard design.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
To think, for all the 'roids remarks people are making on Radiant Dawn Ike, he is still a pipsqueak compared to his papi.:troll:

In every Smash Bros, the Fire Emblem characters get at least one palette that is a reference to a character in a previous entry. Ike in Brawl certainly has that Sigurd thing going on, while Marth has an outfit based on Leif. I wonder if Sigurd will translate to the new Ike design, and if not, maybe we'll get a Hector-esque blue Ike instead. If Chrom shows up, he can don the Sigurd threads just fine.

Surely, at the very least they can give his armour some teal and silver plating to reflect his Vanguard design.
I agree with this sentiment, but would it not be much more logical to have Chrom utilize the Hector palette? Or am I missing something?

Hong

The Strongest
I agree with this sentiment, but would it not be much more logical to have Chrom utilize the Hector palette? Or am I missing something?
The reason I linked Ike to Hector was because he more closely matches Ike's physique and body mass, as well as the fact Ike has just a bit more armour compared to both Marth and Chrom.

What is your line of reasoning?

Morbi

Scavenger
The reason I linked Ike to Hector was because he more closely matches Ike's physique and body mass, as well as the fact Ike has just a bit more armour compared to both Marth and Chrom.

What is your line of reasoning?
Ike already has the palette for Sigurd. I just figured introducing a new palette with a new character would be more rational (and I main Blue Ike).

Hong

The Strongest
Ike already has the palette for Sigurd. I just figured introducing a new palette with a new character would be more rational (and I main Blue Ike).
Oh, well, when I said that, it was in the event that the Sigurd colours didn't match up as well with Ike's new look is all.

Ike is fashionably conscious, after all.

Commander

Smash Ace
Ike was designed to resemble Hector. Ike's name in development was Paris, which further solidifies the connection because Hector and Paris were the two princes of the Trojan royal family(Priam was there father). Chrom was designed to look like Sigurd and it is directly mentioned in game that Chrom looks like Sigurd.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don't know who the artist for this design is, but there is just so much wrong, here. The scrawny body, the full-body armor, the unconvincing pose. It could just be a bad angle, but even Ragnell looks like crap.
i don't who either i was just suggesting it because if is his artwork or whatever for awakening and we properly wont get a character from awakening so other then a assist trophy or a stage boss what better way to give notice to the game and plus it not a whole character what would be stupid to have

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
i don't who either i was just suggesting it because if is his artwork or whatever for awakening and we properly wont get a character from awakening so other then a assist trophy or a stage boss what better way to give notice to the game and plus it not a whole character what would be stupid to have
The only stage for Fire Emblem we've seen so far is from Awakening.

And all of this is kinda beside the point, but I seriously doubt we won't get a Fire Emblem newcomer.

I like Lord Ike the best, but it makes a lot more sense to get Vanguard Ike, I suppose. It's basically just adding some armor to his current Smash 4 outfit.

I'd object to the Vanguard look if Chrom shows up in his Great Lord outfit, though. Chrom's Great Lord outfit looks a lot like Ike's Vanguard one, except Chrom's vambrace is the actual Fire Emblem... and he has the belt thing going on. The shape of the getup is very similar, though.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
The only stage for Fire Emblem we've seen so far is from Awakening.

And all of this is kinda beside the point, but I seriously doubt we won't get a Fire Emblem newcomer.

I like Lord Ike the best, but it makes a lot more sense to get Vanguard Ike, I suppose. It's basically just adding some armor to his current Smash 4 outfit.

I'd object to the Vanguard look if Chrom shows up in his Great Lord outfit, though. Chrom's Great Lord outfit looks a lot like Ike's Vanguard one, except Chrom's vambrace is the actual Fire Emblem... and he has the belt thing going on. The shape of the getup is very similar, though.
forgot about the stage
we could have him in his lord outfit

it's not just adding armor to his current outfit and its not his look from brawl so it new all around new

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom