• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's English Voice (As it hear it here)

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
can anyone get a vid of all ikes voices so all of us can hear more? I bet everyone would like that i know i would. But my comment on his voice acting its good not great or bad but good

Edds

Smash Ace
i dont mind ike's english voice. the line "i fight for my friends" ive heard it so much. it doesnt really bother me as much.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Yuck, Ike. At least he doesn't sound like he has throat cancer like his Japanese actor, but seriously.

"YOU'REOPEN!"

More like

Europan - adj. hailing from the moon Europa.

Like Ike's english actor.
Considering the line is probably for his Counter hitting, him saying the line slower would be weird. It is similar to "Sodo ka!", Marth's line for counter in Melee (translates into "There it is!")

Really, it isn't too bad, I just wish they didn't strongarm English voices on us...

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Haha, Ike's voice is alright, but man...the "I fight for my friends" line. Nothing wrong with the actually idea behind it itself, not at all, but just wow...

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Having played the American version... I didn't really notice the awful voice-overs during gameplay. Ike sounds wicked the way he yells during his Up B. Pit says "bayayayaya" instead of "banananana", which kind of sucks, I liked the bananas :p

And yeah, Ike yells "Great Aether" during his Final Smash.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
If I was listening to a match and I heard Ike say "I fight for my friends" or "You won't get any sympathy from me" I would think Mr. Rogers would have been confirmed for brawl...

on a different note...Falco is apparently a cab driver from Brooklyn

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Omg.
What did they do to him???
Ike's Japanese voice is so much more bad*ss ><
Well, actually I guess I wouldn't mind it if not for the "I fight for my friends" line. It's worse than the "we are all family" line from RD D:

Hinote

Smash Cadet
"I fight for my friends," sounds too much like Ranulf.

I guess Ike's English voice isn't THAT bad, although not as great as I expected. At least it's better than Pokemon Trainer's...

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone assume marth should have had an english voice because Ike does? Both of Ikes games were released in the US, and until later this year (hopefully) marth won't have a single english speaking game.

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Haha, Ike's voice is alright, but man...the "I fight for my friends" line. Nothing wrong with the actually idea behind it itself, not at all, but just wow...
My sentiments exactly. That line is already a bit of a running joke with my smash group. But aside from that, I think his voice-over is okay. I wasn't expecting much anyways since I figured they would use his VA from the FE games, which were extremely average for the most part.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
lol @ whiners

stfu and take it like a man, srsly

you won't care when the game is in your hands next sunday

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
In Wiki, in Ike's FE9 profile it said he is voiced by Adkins, chances it is him, judging by the placement. BTW, it is Wiki so...

Hong

The Strongest
I FIGHT FOR MY BREAKFAST

I hope his voice sounds a lot better on my HQ sound system. :[

The only ones I like so far are Fox and Falco.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I dont really mind the voices too much because you wont hear them too often.

I was a lil' surprised MK talked at all. i know he spoke in the Anime, but he was ****ing Spanish in that anyways. (And Kirby repeatedly said "puyo...")

I'm just glad characters who definitely shouldn't have voices weren't. (Like Bowser, Link, DeDeDe, etc.)

Betaz

Smash Ace
I'm just glad characters who definitely shouldn't have voices weren't. (Like Bowser, Link, DeDeDe, etc.)
>.> you see I think it's weird you said that considering Zamus talks during her taunts...Samus never talks!!!!(with a voice I mean >.> she does talk via text in game though)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Have you guys heard the Japanese Ike? even the ZEN-KU of his UpB ***** everything that English actor could put out in 12 hours of recording. He should stick to dubbing old Speed Racer and Astroboy and perhaps doing Freds voice in Scooby Doo.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Have you guys heard the Japanese Ike? even the ZEN-KU of his UpB ***** everything that English actor could put out in 12 hours of recording. He should stick to dubbing old Speed Racer and Astroboy and perhaps doing Freds voice in Scooby Doo.
Too bad there's no Japanese voice option in English Brawl. So either keep playing the Japanese one or get used to it.

And for the fifty billionth time, it's "tenkuu" (heaven).

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
Too bad there's no Japanese voice option in English Brawl. So either keep playing the Japanese one or get used to it.

And for the fifty billionth time, it's "tenkuu" (heaven).
Wtf... Since i didnt want to hear their voices in english, i was planning on changing the game to Japanese like in Melee. Why would Sakurai do that, what if we like it better in Japanese. Its gonna piss me off if i cant change it. Hopefully there will be content download to change it to japanese. Hell i would even pay to get it in japanese.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Wtf... Since i didnt want to hear their voices in english, i was planning on changing the game to Japanese like in Melee. Why would Sakurai do that, what if we like it better in Japanese. Its gonna piss me off if i cant change it. Hopefully there will be content download to change it to japanese. Hell i would even pay to get it in japanese.
1.) Once again, lurk moar, there is NO DLC.

2.) THAT WAS IKE'S ORIGINAL EFFING VOICE IN PoR!!!!!!

>_> You scrubs thinking Ike would've sounded bad *** make me laugh.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
...Something tells me some of these people didn't play Path of Radiance, otherwise they would've expected Ike to sound like he does.

He's not a gruff, roughneck "badass" sounding kind of guy. He's blunt, not roughneck. He's always sounded kinda British since day one.

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Ike sounds alright.
Meta Knight sounds funny when you think that he looks like Kirby under the mask :laugh:
Falco sounds terrible though, Brooklyn accent?
I find it funny that the first thing said in the video is "LANDMASTER"
Pit definitely has the worse voice in the entire game though.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I liked Ike's PoR voice. I thought it matched him perfectly.

I don't see the problem with Pit's voice, he sounds how I would have expected him to sound.

Fox's was a little weird in the beginning, but I'm used to it by now. And I like Falco's.

I'm still a little sad Marth doesn't speak English; I don't care how bad he'd sound, it would kind of soothe the pain of having characters most of us have never played or some even heard of in Brawl (Lucas and Marth, yes I do hate the fact that Japanese characters in this game, even if I'm going to be trying to main Lucas :p).

I like Ike's voice, as people have stated before, the others who think otherwise probably haven't played PoR, or hated his voice from that game, so I don't see what the big deal is.

EDIT: "You'll get no sympathy from me!"

I think quarter would sound better there.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
Lol his voice is not bad but "I fight for my friends" was pretty horrible I just wish they would have left the japanese voices for most characters or at least have the option to change it

Top Bottom