• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's English Voice (As it hear it here)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Will NOA get professional voice actors someday? I mean, not baseball players, but actual voice actors.
Agreed. I seriously don't like NOA's attitude to voice acting, it's like they honestly don't care about it at all and just do it because it needs to be done. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they don't use professional voice actors is due to the costs, and simply get random people (seriously, why did they go to a baseball player for voice acting) who are probably a bargain in comparison. Granted at times the person doesn't do a bad job at all, but more often than not you get cases like Ike, and when I think of all the other voice actors who could've handled his voice so much better, it's just a little disheartening. To be fair, Adkins didn't really do that terrible of a job with Ike in Brawl (at least it's not as bad as his PoR attempt), though I know I'm going to cringe every time his 'I fight for my friends' victory quote comes up.

Overall though, I can't say I disappointed with Brawls vices like everyone else is. I like all the Starfox characters voices, though Falco and Wolf took me aback a little when I first heard them, and I don't think Griffith did that bad a job on Sonic this time around. The rest of them are generally pretty good, cept for PT (new Ash, ew) and Pit (I know it's common for boys to be voiced by women, but normally they at least sound like a kid and not blatantly a woman >.>).

Also, I learned that when the crowd cheers for Ike they chant "We like Ike", which is worth tolerating his voice for IMO.

GenG

Smash Lord
Holy **** guys.

A friend of mine have bought the Spanish version of Radiant Dawn and he says the game is dubbed into Spanish! And that must to be for each language in Europe.

Ike in Spanish?! I can't wait to hear him!

Duker

Smash Journeyman
BULL.

Ike is a very angry man. In game sounds are so freakin' pissed off. Even his taunts are pissed off.

Hehe. Giant Ike using Aether sounds bestial.
Some proof please. The only video I can find with his voice is his taunts, where he speaks with his posh-british accent, in a very not-pissed manner.

Hearing is believing.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
*Is sad because Japanese voices always sound cooler*
Plus, I wanted to hear Ike's awesome "Sayaa!" When he uses Quick Blade...

Leaf2

Smash Rookie
Ike sounds like some guy in a 70s sex ed vid.

Pit's voice made me punch my dog.

Seriously, if their going to hire VAs that half *** the voices they should at least leave in the option to change it to Japanese. Ike sounded so amazing in jp

PCHU

Smash Lord
.........I played as Ike last sunday, and nothing seemed odd.
I mean, sure "Aether!" sounds strange, but would you rather him shout "I recover for my friends!"?
Yeah, he's not as bad as everyone makes him.
I got used to him very fast.
My cousins don't have a problem.
All my friends don't care.
Sure, that means nothing, but with so many people, why do you still complain?
It's not THAT funny to where you can just sit there and make.......odd references.
Eh, I guess I'm coming off like an Ike defender.
I am.
Even though I never even heard of him until his smash dojo update, he's still one of my favorites.
Like, Falco is more of a secondary favorite now that Wolf is in.
I play as Falco and Marth all the time on melee, But I'm going with Wolf and Ike, then Marth, Falco, and Lucario. I think that I should have a large arsenal of characters at my disposal.
But, since all of my secondary favorites from Melee are out, like Dr. Mario, Pichu, and so on, I will have to make do with others, I guess. Olimar sounds good, and Ganon has always been kind to me.

Top Bottom