• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs. Samus

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I've been having a tough time with this match-up. I've been playing with Aeramis's friend via Wi-Fi, and he's been able to beat me more than I have beaten him. The projectile spamming is annoying, Samus's spot dodge is good, and that F-smash has been the cause for my losses at high percents. Is there any advice that isn't generic that you guys can give me?

scyther250

Smash Cadet
GRAND VIPER! Seriously, though. Just stay in her face so she can't spam you as easily.

EDIT: while Grand viper is somewhat easy to see coming, you can use an aerial grand viper to go over missiles, and a ground grand viper to go under aerial ones. So, a good fakeout that I've used succesfully against annoying Pits and Sami is to short-hop, but then fast-fall and do a grounded grand viper. They might think you're going for an aerial one, and aim too high.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
try a air dodge approach
its sorta difficult w/ the timing but is really helpful
run, short hop, air dodge, then fast fall
to dodge the projectile
its easy to tell when the missiles or coming so not to hard to dodge then
btw always remember to spot dodge immediately, shield, or do a quick attack when
u finally reach samus, b/c if u dont
u'll get F-Smashed
hope this helps:)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well try Quick drawing in the air above the missiles, not only will you advance you won't suffer from post lag from an attack. Just fast fall so you hit the ground fast. Shield any on coming missiles when you land.

jm smasher

Smash Rookie
at first it seems intimidating, but IMO i think its a pretty easy matchup
as long as you can get the approach down, by means of lots of missile/beam canceling aerials, you should be able to safely get to the samus. i try to stay away from qd approaches, cause her power missiles can usually make the move absolutely useless
recovery can be a pain though, but a couple of well placed aethers solve that problem
in cc, keep your distance, cause your melee attacks way outrange hers

hope that helped!

Top Bottom