• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Vs Lucario On Fd

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Ike vsing a Lucario on Final Destination seems to me like the most one sided game ever.

I played this fellow on Wifiwars named Remian. Don't get me wrong he plays an excellent Lucario, but he played how I never seen anyone play before.... with total DEFENSE. I had one of the top Ike's on Wifiwars and fighting this Lucario had been the only match I lost.

There was no way, literally to approach. Due to the lag of wifi Ike was slower than ever. First I tried RARing and Fair approaching, he roll dodged constantly. Through out the whole match he just kept rolling and spamming B. One measely aura ball stopped my side b approach. The only approach that somewhat worked was Ikes Dash attack, which pierced throw the aura spheres occasionally. Our games on FD lasted about 10 minutes.... LITERALLY. After the annoying balls of aura damaged me to 150% he either F-Smashed me or D-Smashed me. My kills were lucky F-Smash kills on him while he was rolling at 60% but I still lost. Games on Battlefield and Delfino Plaza I won due to the platform camping that I did, but that still didn't solve my problem.

Possible ideas for maybe the next time we fight on FD:
1. Camp edge with Aether
2. Sidestep all his Aura Spheres constantly
3. Taunt until he approaches me :)

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS TO DEFEAT A CAMPY LUCARIO WITH SLOW OLD IKE:

PS. Before you flame, play Remian's Lucario on Final Destination and you'll know what I mean. I wish you luck :laugh:

(Pm me if you wanna play my Ike)

SuperSmashKing009

Smash Ace
NNID
SSK009
3DS FC
0404-7569-9294
Ike vsing a Lucario on Final Destination seems to me like the most one sided game ever.

I played this fellow on Wifiwars named Remian. Don't get me wrong he plays an excellent Lucario, but he played how I never seen anyone play before.... with total DEFENSE. I had one of the top Ike's on Wifiwars and fighting this Lucario had been the only match I lost.

There was no way, literally to approach. Due to the lag of wifi Ike was slower than ever. First I tried RARing and Fair approaching, he roll dodged constantly. Through out the whole match he just kept rolling and spamming B. One measely aura ball stopped my side b approach. The only approach that somewhat worked was Ikes Dash attack, which pierced throw the aura spheres occasionally. Our games on FD lasted about 10 minutes.... LITERALLY. After the annoying balls of aura damaged me to 150% he either F-Smashed me or D-Smashed me. My kills were lucky F-Smash kills on him while he was rolling at 60% but I still lost. Games on Battlefield and Delfino Plaza I won due to the platform camping that I did, but that still didn't solve my problem.

Possible ideas for maybe the next time we fight on FD:
1. Camp edge with Aether
2. Sidestep all his Aura Spheres constantly
3. Taunt until he approaches me :)

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS TO DEFEAT A CAMPY LUCARIO WITH SLOW OLD IKE:

PS. Before you flame, play Remian's Lucario on Final Destination and you'll know what I mean. I wish you luck :laugh:

(Pm me if you wanna play my Ike)
everytime he rolls to back of you hit him with a Down smash because the down smash hits both ways.

IkeMaster15

Smash Cadet
I agree with you completely. You described exactly what is happening to me that, and it's kind of scary lol. I find that I'm really good with Ike and that I'm alright with Fox. When I play one on one with Ike I dominate all my friends. Except I'm having a lot of trouble against a Lucario and we just play on battlefield (Imagine if we played on FD it would be a lot worse). The sad thing is the Lucario player is my 10 yr old lil bro (he's been playing since melee and he' pretty good though). All he does is play defensively and roll around all day staying at the edges and shooting his auras at me to gain damage then usually finishes me with the Dsmash and Fsmash. SAME THING THAT IS HAPPENING YO YOU! I try dodging them on the spot and and getting close but htat doesnt work cuz of his reach of his Fsmash and the huge lag my attacks have. It's extremely frustrating and I tried everyhting I used all the approaching techniques like RAR and the grand viper but they don't help my situation. The Lucario doesn't even uses aerials besides the dair. Man i tried calling him cheap saying that he just runs away but he doesnt care lol and then I tried taunting but that doesn't really help either.

When I choose Fox though I have yet to lose to him. I have posted a couple of threads about this whole Lucario thing but people don't understand that Lucario isn't just a hard matchup. It is THE worst matchup for Ike and I just think it's impossible.

Please can one of you "GREAT Ike players" like Kirk or Azen challenge that Lucario player that Marthownxd is talking about. You will all see what we`re talking about. And please post the vid of the match even if you lose. We just want to analyze and see what we can do against Lucarios.

KCFreedom18

Smash Rookie
This may not be too helpful but i find that the best way to beat lucarios is to not play on FD. Ever. Its too easy for them to camp and chuck you all over the place.

rblair

Smash Cadet
it can be real hard QD approaching chars with spammable projectiles like lucario and dedede. i suggest either a) rolldogding until you can get close enough to grab and lead into a combo or b) start QD approch while lucario is in the air and follow up with eruption to keep him their and setup for combos.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Personally .... i don't know if i can help. I hate playing Ike online cuz he is a character that requires precise timing. Just lately i have gotten this timing to crazy good. I can approach my friends spamy Pit with no problem.. when i use to not be able to at all. I read it here on the boards... sorry can't tell you where to find it... but it was a dashing shield. Its kinda like a fox trot with a shield in between. Once you get the timing down.. you can perfect shield most projectiles and not get touched while crossing and you can do any move that helps your situation out of the shield.

I don't want to insult your Ike... you must be good if you can play him online. But i would try this shield trotting. You prolly know all of this.. but jabs are key. Another huge key that i abuse as of now are grabs. When you get control of the situation.. Ike is insane.. and grabs help. Also another thing i love is the shield cancel with the jabs. AA, shield in the last frames of the second jab, go into any other move like jabs again, or grab, or tilt if they are far enough. Once again, lag would make this very hard to due.

Could try an air quick draw. Jump above the hight of the sphere and quick draw, then fast fall after its done. That would be a must so you can touch down and shield or attack.

These are all just ideas.. like i said.. i don't take my Ike online.. but i am scary off.

edit: here is the thread for approaching with Ike.. very helpful. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153569

PredictablyStubborn

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too clear how much aura ball this guy is spamming, or when he is spamming it. I'm assuming that your opponent is rolling away into a distance and spamming the balls.

Grab him a couple of times. Try to predict when he is going to end up behind you. Jump at him, and turn around for the grab. Or, jump at him and do a down smash like somebody else suggested (i've never used that though, since I think it comes out slow too slow for an "immediate sweep", but who knows.).

One thing you can do (this works with peach, but i think it works with ike too), is jump towards your opponent, and air dodge JUST before you hit the ground. Hold onto the shield button, and tap back. What will happen is that you will hit the ground and IMMEDIATELY roll backwards. if you know your opponent will roll back when you approach with a fair, then try to roll with him and grab him. I prefer landing and doing a turn-around grab, but this might make the spacing for the grab a little easier.

Also, if he ever throws an aura ball while in your range, use Ike's counter.

Hope these help.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Spammers are a *****, but Ike has options.

1. Short Hop Air Dodge -> Roll -> Shield -> Short Hop Airdodge etc.

Its the fastest, but definately the easiest to predict while approaching. I use this one on the n00b spammers.

2. Short Hop Air Doge -> Spot Dodge -> Short Hop Airdodge

Slower, but safer. Getting the timing right is key. If you air doge and spot dodge when you don't need to, you'll get hit anyway! xD

3. Dash -> Spot dodge/Sheild -> Dash

Very direct, very risky, but sets you up for that long ranged Dash Attack or UpSmash if they jump above you, or roll behind you.

Or, try mixing them all togeather. You can always get close to an opponent. The hardest part is hitting them. Jabs&Grabs nail shielders. and Up Smashes take advantage of rollers and jumpers. Stop using QD on spammers, its not effective, even in the air. It'll either lag to much, or give you no distance. Take your time and use dodges and sheilding to get closer, and punish them anyway you can. Ike's HUGE knockback attacks tend to KO them faster than you might think.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I don't think I could really help you without a vid of the scenario. I mean I can't imagine why anyone you face will use the same strategy the entire match. You should be able to realise what your opponent is going to do and punish them for it. If you keep approaching in the same way you are easy to avoid. Sometimes throw off a random Aether or put yourself in harms way just to keep your opponent guessing. Once I get the hang of how my opponent plays most of my attacks hit. When you're playing Ike it really only takes a few hits to take out your opponent. It's all about predictability. Use those mind games.

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Don't play it on wifi, and you'll do a lot better imo.

You just gotta do what Trebor said with his approaches. If he likes to roll away a lot, don't approach with an attack even, if you know he's gonna roll, do an f-tilt or something. By the time he hits the ground again you should be on the other side of FD to smack him again hopefully.

Campers are a *****.

ziadie

Smash Rookie
I had the same Lucario problem last night against a friend. I'll try the ideas Trebor had to see what works the best next time I play him.

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
Its easier said than done, but I think Trebor's ideas might work. Like i said, go to wifiwars and play Remian with Ike on FD if you wanna feel my pain. BTW: I've killed him like at 60% with fsmashes and fairs like at 140 but my trouble is getting consistent control of the game.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
WTF?

Ike counters Lucario.

Ike shuts Lucario down. All Lucario has on Ike is baby sphere spam.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash doesn't help. By the time you use it, they'll have rolled away cause you got close enough, so the first hit will miss, and they'll roll away from the second one.

But I've been where you are, a lot, its amazingly frustrating. All I can say is good luck.

Remian

Smash Rookie
Haha That was my Lucario :D

Yea it is completely based on defense. Its a lame tactic that I only really use against Ike's. I hope we can play again soon :)

Dr. Science

Smash Apprentice
First off... stop using f-smash... second off... stop spamming f-air... It's the worst thing possible for an ike player..

Lucario has little priority compared to ike... if he is spamming you do the airdodge shorthop technique maybe once or twice. if he's campy, he will most likely dodge away from you, chase with a N-AIR!!!!!

If you are going to repeatidly use any of ike's techniques... spam the N-AIR! The autocancel will allow you to follow up on a miss with either a standard 3 hit then possibly a f-air, or if dodged maybe a u-smash. This is all dependent on the sit after the n-air though.

F-air spamming while it has great range, does not hit on all sides, is laggy upon hitting the ground and weakens one of your pinch kill moves... I'll do a detailed post on all of this sometime soon. Cause I'm tired of seeing these things.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well lucario's back roll does get hit ALOT of breathing room (think it's the farthest in the game). and those sphere's are annoying (yes even the small ones), all the advice i can give you guys is don't use ike. pikachu's another bad match up for the iker from what i've seen.

Top Bottom