• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike v.s. Marth

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
It seems to be that many threads focus on Ike's metagame versus, say, MK, Snake, Falco, or others that pose a big problem. Personally, I find Olimar's small size and long hitboxes fairly irritating, but that's beside my point.

I think, that when played properly, Marth is one of Ike's greatest roadblocks to greatness. His DB interrupts any of Ike's attempts at combos, and his dolphin slash can interrupt a jab combo. His grab outranges Ike's, and Marth players generally rely on grab games heavily. Also, with his counter being a few frames faster than Ike's, marth is formidible when you are the one chasing him. As Ike is a character where you rely on cornering the opponent, whether in terms of spacing or forcing them to make a mistake, Marth poses a big barrier in Ike's usual metagame.

My friend that I brawl most often mains Marth, and so I created this thread in hopes that people who main Ike (a fact which I hope would be obvious by now) could offer advice for battling a good Marth.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Oceans14

Smash Rookie
thx. Good suggestions all. I've read the "I write for my friends" thread a bit, and I'll check out the others.

Top Bottom