• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike... Too popular?

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
:)

i don't think you're ever going to reach the competitive scene, sorry.
Who said i even plan on playing competitively? id rather just play with my friends and progress which theyre good enough to be in the competitive scene, but why do i care ur just a flame war starter. please gtfo off SWF

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
not talking to you

btw you make useless topics and your friends are not good enough to be competitive
please gtfo swf

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice

not talking to you

btw you make useless topics and your friends are not good enough to be competitive
please gtfo swf
Ok? You have no idea how good my friends are so don't talk about that unless you just want to sound ignorant. Also, i make useless topics? This is the first one I've made ever. It may seem useless to you but him being this popular is kinda gay but then again he is really flashy and what could you expect? Now please go castrate your self.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
because if you think they're "good enough to be in the competitive scene," but for some reason they aren't, it's cause they aren't good enough and you just want an excuse to lose to them
namely, "they're competitive level of course i lose!1"

i wouldn't be wrong if i said all the topics you have ever made are useless

if you're worried about ike being popular, go pick another character

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
lol @ comboking

This flame war is basically going nowhere. So I'm going to end it cuz i gained a the littlest bit of respect for you when u said in one threat "Comboking is a worse troll than me" lol that made me laugh pretty hard... that guys an idiot. He always talks and ends his sentences with! very annoying! and for both of us getting into this flame war we mine as well go hop onto the
fail chan party van.

ifthisisitsobeit

Smash Cadet
To get back on subject, I really think there will be a large amount of Ike users in the beginning. Then, after two or three weeks, people will flock to a different character to use. This at least is the case in Japan from what I have experienced, but it may be completely different once the US version has been out for a month or so...

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
hell yeah he's way popular
to be honest, i never even heard of the guy until sakurai updated him
have you guys even played PoR?

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
Nothing makes someone stop playing a character faster than completely crushing them in a ditto match. One of my friends picked up diddy and was doing well with him, so I picked diddy and beat him 5 matches in a row. Now he plays pit...

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Are you suggesting that we get the FCs of all the Ike players and crush the less experienced ones with Ike to discourage them from playing Ike?

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
He might not be one of the best (I hope he is though), however, he has a lot of potential, especially if we find some way to l-cancel. Rght now he's pretty good, he can utilize a few attacks that have little lag (like the Bair) to use him well. It all depends on how the metagame develops. Another plus from having a lot of people playing him is that we will discover combos and metagame for Ike faster because more people play him.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
Are you suggesting that we get the FCs of all the Ike players and crush the less experienced ones with Ike to discourage them from playing Ike?
Its a step in the right direction. In all my wifi matches I do my best to play a campy pit or ike so as to discourage the enemy. The players that choose to persevere and try and get better regardless, are the only people worth playing. Crushing noobs is a hollow victory with all of the lag and problems associated with wifi, but if it takes the fun out of the game for them there will be less people crowding up the servers and less interest in Brawl in general. Hopefully, Nintendo will work on making a better sequel if sales stop doing as well.

You may view this as being a **** or something, but it is the closest I get to having fun while playing brawl.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Because Ike is popular other people are now thinking he's cheap character but that's just my school mates. But oh well, i use Ike none the less.

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
I kinda like the fact that a lot of people are playing my favorite character. It sort of encourages you to practice more so you can say you are one of the elite Ike players out of the mess of them.

Sharky

Smash Master
Just thought I'd pop in and mention that kirk didn't "switch" to Ike, he started as him. Note that he's only got Ike video's on his youtube channel.

Sure a lot of people are Ike now, but weren't there just as many foxes/falcos in melee? I don't see the big deal. =/

Top Bottom