• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Special Moves

Zindura

Smash Cadet
I'd imagine that's how it's going to go. Temporarily freeze position in midair, toss, chase, grab.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
KK. Great moves, but I have a question about aether:

If Ike does Aether while airborn, how will he catch the sword if he throws it vertically? I mean, how would he catch it? Will there be another starting animation for when you do it while airborn, or will he just stop in midair and throw the sword?
Actually, his Eruption doesn't seem like it can be done airborn as well, so maybe they have different animations for the b-moves when airborne this time around? Or even special-airs, like you have different a-attacks when in the air, you have different b-attacks as well? That would rock!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll have to worry about the aerial version of Aether. It will definitely be the same in the air. The characters in smash, whether human or dinosaur or puffball, can do moves in the air that just aren't physically possible in general or even for the characters themselves in their own games.

I'm wondering now whether I should bring my Aether argument here, because I have it posted in the "Ike" thread in the character discussion section.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ike to me looks like Ken's new main IMO.
Ken will totally abuse the "invincibilty" thing IMO.

On topic..ish: I think Ike's Up-B gets him so much air that it's gross. Looks like he can recover no matter what to me...
Maybe I should go take another look at the pictures though.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Ike to me looks like Ken's new main IMO.
Ken will totally abuse the "invincibilty" thing IMO.

On topic..ish: I think Ike's Up-B gets him so much air that it's gross. Looks like he can recover no matter what to me...
Maybe I should go take another look at the pictures though.
but it looks like he goes, up, just up. that might change things a bit. like this:

Ike

/\
|
Where ike needs to be
--------------------------

and he can't get to it. or not, who knows?

Fawriel

Smash Master
The notion of giving a pure swordsman an amazing recovery is idiotic. Ironically, it happened in Melee.
My guess is that he's heavy-weight-ish, around the league of Link, but his recovery only lets him move up. No sword-dancing.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
but it looks like he goes, up, just up.

Thats the only problem I see. Its like a *really* high Luigi recovery, and ya know, Luigi wont reach with his b up if he is more than half a foot from the stage. He can get all the air he wants, but this attack seems to lend itself to saying he will have a mediocre b side move to get him closer to the stage and make his recovery viable.

However, its also possible you can angle where the sword is thrown, sort of like Yoshi with his egg throw.

Sjos

Smash Cadet
We've seen Mario use his Bv in the air in a trailer already, so that airial B move theory is out.
we've seen mario use all of his specials in the air.
B Screenshot (I think in his bio)
B> First trailer
B^ Screenshot how to recover
Bv Second trailer

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Thats the only problem I see. Its like a *really* high Luigi recovery, and ya know, Luigi wont reach with his b up if he is more than half a foot from the stage. He can get all the air he wants, but this attack seems to lend itself to saying he will have a mediocre b side move to get him closer to the stage and make his recovery viable.

However, its also possible you can angle where the sword is thrown, sort of like Yoshi with his egg throw.
Or mabey he is just hard to get of the stage all together... that could be it... but I hope they don't wast a B move with something like that, it is cool for luigi, but nothing like that for Ike.

captain gimli

Smash Rookie
ike is looking to be a good character eruption looks cool but like it has been said could be a copy of marth or roys attack.

GenG

Smash Lord
Eruption looks nothing like Flare Blade. It looks like DK's earthquake but with rising fire and chargeable for distance.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
If they keep Ike's moves seperate from marth and roy, i think his >B willbe a shockwave from his sword, sence in Path of Radiance he was able to attack from a distance with the ragnel.

also durring eruption isn't he stabbing his sword down?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
If they keep Ike's moves seperate from marth and roy, i think his >B willbe a shockwave from his sword, sence in Path of Radiance he was able to attack from a distance with the ragnel.

also durring eruption isn't he stabbing his sword down?
I think his side B move is that slash that has a blue aura that he did to Link and Samus. During eruption, he is stabbing his sword down. Look at the picture closely and carefully and you will see.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Anyone who thinks that Eruption = Shield breaker/ Flare Blade is on crack.

Eruption causes flames to burst from the ground. Shield Breaker and Flare Blade struck opponents with the sword for damage.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
sorry if this is repeated, but it looks like eruption is aimed into the ground, not forward...

Top Bottom