• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Special Moves discussion.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
In the first post it says Ike's Aether can do up to 22%, but I've only seen it do 15%. Also it states it hits 4 times, but I only saw it hit 3, the initial toss, the spin in the air, and the slash downwards. Am I missing something?
I should've linked to the movie that he does 22% in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFuprCopHQY

Very beginning, he throws the blade up into Sonic.

The 3-4 hit thing may be a trick on either of our eyes and how we saw the hits of the very last part, as I believe I saw two at the end.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I should've linked to the movie that he does 22% in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFuprCopHQY

Very beginning, he throws the blade up into Sonic.

The 3-4 hit thing may be a trick on either of our eyes and how we saw the hits of the very last part, as I believe I saw two at the end.
Hmm, from what it looks like, when Ike tosses his sword, while it's in the air waiting for him to grab it, it spins and deals multiple hits, so I guess the damage of this attack would vary depending on how much they get caught up in it, although Sonic looked like he got caught in the full combo of it in that vid.

To bad there doesn't seem to be any vids of Aether hitting someone at high damage, I wanna know how good it's knockback is.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, from what it looks like, when Ike tosses his sword, while it's in the air waiting for him to grab it, it spins and deals multiple hits, so I guess the damage of this attack would vary depending on how much they get caught up in it, although Sonic looked like he got caught in the full combo of it in that vid.

To bad there doesn't seem to be any vids of Aether hitting someone at high damage, I wanna know how good it's knockback is.
What I'd like to see is how efficient it is at keeping them in the 'vacuum' of hits.

Sonic was dragged upwards along with Ragnell after the first hit - if the first hit say, barely knicks someone, will they be pulled up along with it?

Considering Ike's not-so-good upair, Aether can work pretty well, depending on the priority of Ragnell.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Correction:

Ike's Up B is basically Kirby's up B.

It seriously IS Kirby's Up B, just with an invincibility frame.
Cept Kirby's UpB at least gives him a bit of horizontal distance, while this gives NONE like Luigi's

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
How much startup and lag does Ike's Side B have? Is it equal to about Fox's illusion in melee?

Also from what I've seen the side B isn't very strong compared to the rest of his moves. An uncharged side B failed to KO someone at 150%

GenG

Smash Lord
This video has some countering.

0:47. Ike counters Pit, dealing 15%.
1:22. Ike counters Pit again, this time 14%.

Also (and this belongs to the normal moves thread) Ike's dtilt has super armor frames in 0:55, dealing 5%? of damage and no knockback on Pit.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman

gemini-saga

Smash Rookie

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
In this vid you can see Ike reflecting projectiles with his counter though the reflected projectile does not seem to deal damage (like Mewtwo's confusion). You can see it happen twice at 0:10 and 0:46 in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWsGQQYThg&feature=related
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet but ill post this anyway.
I love the fact that you can send back the projectiles. If it does any damage is suppose is still up in the air. Maybe if the countered projectile hits someone other than the person who fired it, it will do damage. Maybe Samus just happened to dodge or power shield the projectiles in the video. Who know. But still ... awesome

Zink

Smash Champion
yo guys I dunno how much you grasped this, but Ike's up b is a shoryuken. you should be able to use it to get pressure off you, especially out of shield.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Can Aether spike? Sort of like Kirby's cutter did in 64. If you're standing right next to he edge, facing out, and someone is recovering high, can you catch them in Aether and spike them?

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Aether will spike unless someone is really high in damage, from what I've seen in the video's of him anyways. It may, it may not, but his side b is definately a spike, but you really wouldnt be able to edgeguard with it since he goes into free fall, but, it will be difficult to edgeguard Ike because of that, unless you catch him freefalling after he uses it.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Where is it shown that his >B is a spike? I would really like to see that

If it is true... that would by why they didn't make it so Ike could do multiple >B's in the air. It would just be unfair to be able to have that many attempts at a spike while recovering.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I've been wondering about that too.

A couple questions about the spike. How useful is it to spike while recovering? Does it spike them back towards the stage, giving them a good chance of making it back, or is it more like a meteor smash? If Ike hits with it, does he automatically go into freefall, with no chance of getting on the stage?

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
If it is a spike... it would work a lot like the fox, falco side b... when someone is below them.. They basically run over the person sending them careaning toward the ground... or the bottom of the level for a kill.

If he did land the hit.. he will go into a freefall most likely

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
But Ike doesn't keep going when he does his side-B, he stops in front of the enemy to slash them. This means that using it as a spike while recovering would be suicide.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Has his Side Special caused freefall after hitting in any video, or could it be like Falcon's Dive (which only Freefalls if it misses).

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Here's another video of Ike using his side b(this guy used it a lot, rofflez) but, watch Ike close at around 25-30 seconds in, he hits Link, and it causes him to stop the animation, I think it is safe to assume if you hit someone with it in the air you will be able to use it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azjiLKD9-3g
The animation stopped because i believe they did the infamous 'sword clang' ... cause both to instantly stop. I don't think hitting someone would stop Ike ... he may just freefall unless hit by someone else

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
That could very well be true, its hard to tell though because the quality is so ****ty. The good thing is you can charge it for more distance though, probably wouldnt be able too for very long unless you were popped up into a corner of the screen or near there. I'm running through all the video's of Ike I can to see if it spikes or not, expect another post somewhat soon ;p.

Edit: At 1:15-1:20 he uses his side b again, and it spiked DK straight into the ground, and I might add, really really freaking fast and hard, its kind of hard to notice at first, but replay that spot a couple times and you'll see its his side b spiking him. It also seems it only spikes a player if they're below you, when he uses it on the ground, they get popped up.

iron blade

Smash Ace
i think ike's attack got interrupted because link was still invincible from the halo, but the quality doesn't help at all. you can charge it for distance? awesome.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Edit: At 1:15-1:20 he uses his side b again, and it spiked DK straight into the ground, and I might add, really really freaking fast and hard, its kind of hard to notice at first, but replay that spot a couple times and you'll see its his side b spiking him. It also seems it only spikes a player if they're below you, when he uses it on the ground, they get popped up.
after looking at that.. i don't know if it was so much the >B as the ^B .. it looks that DK gets thrown down when Ike throws the sword because Ike immediately plunges down on DK in the same way as Aether.... Why Ike doesn't go any higher.. i don't know..

Anybody else know what moved was used during that time?

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look like Aether at all though, its animation is fiery, but when he uses his side b its blue(think Falco and Fox side b). It does look somewhat like Aether, but he doesn't actually throw Ragnell and go catch it.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The stone platforms in Skyworld aren't passthroughs, Ike went as high as he could in that spot.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
It was definitely Ike's up-B that hit DK, I can't tell though if Aether spiked him, or if DK just bounced off the ceiling.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Still does not explain the fact it was a blue animation like his side b is, I guess the only real way to know is test it out when Brawl gets released.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I think I know what you're seeing. Ike lands on the platform and does his side-B first, which misses, then he immediately does Aether.

Top Bottom