• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Special Moves discussion.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Aether will spike unless someone is really high in damage, from what I've seen in the video's of him anyways.
Well then, will it suicide spike? It drags the opponent down with Ike on the downswing, so if you use it while off the edge will you get a Kirbycide-type dragdown?

Rakath

Smash Ace
Okay, I checked with a friend who was at E For All, he says that the Side Special is reusable if it hits someone in the air. Missing causes freefall, but if you connect with an enemy you retain actions.

Now, naturally you all have no reason to believe me (or him), but that's what I got when I asked him directly on that specific subject. Which if you look at the info makes sense.

GenG

Smash Lord
Okay, I checked with a friend who was at E For All, he says that the Side Special is reusable if it hits someone in the air. Missing causes freefall, but if you connect with an enemy you retain actions.

Now, naturally you all have no reason to believe me (or him), but that's what I got when I asked him directly on that specific subject. Which if you look at the info makes sense.
So ****ing epic.

I expect Falcon's fB to share this feature too.

ShiroinoKaze

Smash Cadet
If Ike's Up B causes him to not flinch while he gets ready to jump for the Ragnell, think it'll apply to Final Smashes too?

GenG

Smash Lord
Er, let me rephrase my question. Will Ike's Up B super armor work against another's FS.
Yeah, but the immunity frames last just for a brief moment. It won't be useful against most Final Smashes, which which last longer than any of Ike's super armor.

GenG

Smash Lord
Of course, it seems useful as an anti-air move and to rack damage.

Rakath

Smash Ace
You can use Aether to escape a Final Smash. If a platform stands above you, Aether is faster than Ike's jumps.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
How would the counter work against FS's...such as sonic's or pikachu's? Would it not let Ike take any damage and the character in FS just pass through... or would it not affect the move at all.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
this thread is great

does any one know if when ike uses eruption in the air and hits anyone can it spike?

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
this thread is great

does any one know if when ike uses eruption in the air and hits anyone can it spike?
That would be quite a difficult feat to pull off. I don't think anyone at the demo was able to do such a thing.....

But i may be wrong.... Does it spike?

Rakath

Smash Ace
How would the counter work against FS's...such as sonic's or pikachu's? Would it not let Ike take any damage and the character in FS just pass through... or would it not affect the move at all.
It'd probably work the same as a counter against any Projectile attack. It doesn't hurt you but you don't hurt them either.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
hey is there a video to that i havent seen it.

i did hear people say that but i saw no links were given

Lukannon

Smash Rookie
just a heads up- the move we're calling the Ranger Critical... isn't. I'm playing PoR again, and the Ranger Critical actually looks exactly like the Brawl version of Aether, which actually lacks the final hit. His side B doesn't really look like anything in game, so Ranger Dash is probably the best name for it.
PoR system has two different critical animations for each character/class, one when you kill and one when you don't. One of Ike's is similar to Aether, but the other is the dash.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
no in por when he was a ranger i saw that the critical hit was he dashed through oppent but y are we debating bout name shouldnt we be talking about the usefulness of it like

tech chasing
does it have any post lag to do a com..followup atk on em
or no prelag to finish combos

or eruption
good rng to edgeguard with it
or maybe D throw to eruption or u throw to eruption
or a that a swordsmen has a great vertical koing move

counter.....SOMEONE PLZ TELL ME SOMETHING BOUT IT NO ONE USES IT OR ANY WHO DO THEY MISS DOES IT REFLECT PROJECTILES CAN IT KO AT 120 OR LOWER SOMEBODY SOMETHING PPLLLLLZZZZ

anywayyy......:)

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
PoR system has two different critical animations for each character/class, one when you kill and one when you don't. One of Ike's is similar to Aether, but the other is the dash.
No, in PoR, Aether was a Occult skill that Ike could learn after his promotion (in RD, he gets it automatically after promoting). Criticals work completely different from skills, so Aether could activate even if you had 0% critical chance and the damage Aether does is calculated differently than critical hits. Specifically, Aether acts as two hits, the first one being normal damage while also healing Ike for the damage he dealt (shame that wasn't replicated in Brawl :) ) and the second hit ignores the enemy defense stat.

</nerdy correction>

Lukannon

Smash Rookie
No, in PoR, Aether was a Occult skill that Ike could learn after his promotion (in RD, he gets it automatically after promoting). Criticals work completely different from skills, so Aether could activate even if you had 0% critical chance and the damage Aether does is calculated differently than critical hits. Specifically, Aether acts as two hits, the first one being normal damage while also healing Ike for the damage he dealt (shame that wasn't replicated in Brawl :) ) and the second hit ignores the enemy defense stat.

</nerdy correction>
What we're talking about is critical animations, not Aether. I used to debate PoR, there's nothing about FE9 you could tell me that I don't already know. Again. Ike has two critical animations, one which is a big flip forward similar to Aether's animation, and one that is a dash. Aether is Aether. The Aether-like critical is just that, a critical.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Side b, can be used to get back to edge sorta like foxes illusion. u can move 4ward abit while doing his up b.

His b is very powerful and i believe u can crouch cancel (I THINK). Not completely sure. I have like 1 vid of me playin 2day, ill post it when ever it gets uploaded. its me vs. a fox.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
@OP
I'm pretty sure Great Aether does 73%
And i'm pretty sure Its amazing....

But on other news... Ike's ^B is awesome for recovery if you can get the right hight...If you can get it so the sword throw ends just above the ledge... you can get rid of any edge gaurd cuz Ike will hit them and then land on the level. It will take some getting used to just like Marth's Sweet Spot.. but once you have it... say good bye to edge guards

Top Bottom