• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike seems to be the reliable choice in Spectator Mode

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I spectate, teams with Ike seem to win at least 90% of the matches.
And about 60% of the matches in free-for-all.
Ike users seem to dominate online.
And most of the Ganon users seem okay too.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i always bet on Ike because you can't wrong with his easily spammable moves!

AETHER

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
First rule of spectator mode: Always always ALWAYS bet on Ike. The only time choosing is hard is when there's two Ikes :p

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Occasionally, I'll pick another character if they're kinda rare (Ness, Olimar, Yoshi, etc), but otherwise, Ike's the way to go.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Erm...just quick thought, but it's more the nature of FFA than it is the online button delay that helps ike win. Delay affects ALL characters, including ike. Almost every character is faster than ike. By your logic, ike should stand no chance. <_<

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Erm...just quick thought, but it's more the nature of FFA than it is the online button delay that helps ike win. Delay affects ALL characters, including ike. Almost every character is faster than ike. By your logic, ike should stand no chance. <_<
I think what he is saying is you don't have to be as precise with Ike due to his huge hitboxes, making it easier to deal with lag. If your timing is off a little due to lag it will probably still hit anyway.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ike isnt that good. its just that 99% of people in basic brawls suck so much, all you gotta do is up b and f smash spam as ike and youll get at least 3 kills every game.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Ike isnt that good. its just that 99% of people in basic brawls suck so much, all you gotta do is up b and f smash spam as ike and youll get at least 3 kills every game.
I concur.Me and BO X7 **** on Ike players online that dont use any sorta of planning.Ike is dumb offline as he is on.Play peoples with blue/Green/Yellow connections and youll understand. :)

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
have you ever seen ike get jumped on spectator? its hilarious you have people flying in every direction trying to DI out of his smashes. But ike does have advantage VERY RARELY if theres alot of button lag. (spot-dodge timed wrong)

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
aha..ahahaha...aaaaahahahaha!!!

*goes mad with power*

you've obviously never seen a half decent ike. He's not as good as most of the cast, but a good PLAYER will put you in your place. Ike uses his power to mindgame like nobody's business. I see what you mean about the hitbox, but I use that online and off-it's useful all-around. Doesn't really matter to me. Offline, Ike can do amazing things to punish-try a dashcancelled upsmash under kirby's upb, for instance. xD pwned.

*disclaimer*

not saying he's a great character. he is a noob killer. however, that doesn't mean he can't kill good players. <_<

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Never bet against the pink Captain Falcons though. Ever. Still when watching a team match, I've never seen Ike beat a team with a Punch Spamming Falcon/Gannon.

I think alot of Ike's success is also due to him being able to kill at lower percentages and since it's timed battle he has a severe advantage over someone playing something like Jigglypuff or Sonic. I tend to combat this problem with Dedede and laugh maniacally as I gimp Ike with Waddle Dees using his SideB to recover.

tj_odee

Smash Rookie
I agree that ike kicks butt, hes even better online. I always face an ike online and most of the time lose, but I can own ike with meta knight, wolf or C. Falcon. ALso the lag does sorta help him because of his slow moves but its kinda cheap after awhile if u keep using eather or wtv. But at least hes not as cheap as sonic. I Hate his final SMash!!!!

Top Bottom