• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike scares me...

_clinton

Smash Master
Not so much because he is a hard match...but because he just intimidates me...am I less of a man because of that?

...oh and someone likes me enough to make a video of our high lights...he won more matches (boy...I just play like **** sometimes ok ^_^) IIRC...but he still liked our matches...so...I'm posting his video here ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtyb6dT4zHw

Uffe

Smash Hero
Go Blue Ness! Of course Spud is playing Blue Ike and I like playing as Blue Ike, too! It's nice to see that he took the video of both you guys winning and losing and not just one of you winning. It looks like in the beginning you're a bit afraid to approach him. But then later in the video it looks like you got the courage to go up against him which is good. I could be wrong, though because I don't know what you were feeling at the time.

I used to hate Ike because all I saw were like three attacks out of him everytime I went against him. But I like him now now that I actually tried him out and saw what more he had than just A, A, A, Aether and counter. It doesn't matter if you're afraid of Ike. It surely doesn't make you less of a man, either. I usually go up against a friend who plays the Brawl roster. He says my Ness scares him.

Anyway, what is it about Ike that intimidates you? I suppose I don't mind going up against Ike because I've fought so many since the game first came out in the US.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I was saying the same exact thing on the Ike board not too long ago. He intimidates me because my errors are dealt with even firmer against him than most of the cast. Then there's also the fact that fair won't always protect you. Also, his super armor and Counter are annoying. Then, of course, he kills you early.

His Jab is very irritating. It's like the bread and butter of any Ike's arsenal, and people love to shield out of this. I'm somewhat subpar with my PK skills, so I find myself getting punished whenever I decide to hit B...

I win most of the time vs. Ike because I've naturally outperformed my opponents, but all of them come somewhat close. I hate fighting him, almost as much as I hate fighting Dedede.

NukeNess

Smash Cadet
I use to get noobed pretty hard by ike till i started rolling away from him coming up off the ground. Id constantly be rolling into f a's. With enough experience against him you can see most his attacks coming as they really are slow. I remember having trouble with almost all of the new characters in game when i first got it due to not being able to read them. I actually thought Sonic was on some god tier all by himself lol.

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
I find Marth is a much harder match myself...because with Ike, after he does his jabs, I usually punish with a dash grab or PKF. Marth, though...the f-airs and the f-tilts are just awful. His range=pwn. :(

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah I too used to not like ike because his attacks were slow, but now hes my 4th best.

Ike usually isnt to hard to fight with a quick character because his Smash attacks leave openings if he misses, but when they do hit they kill quick so you have to be careful when fighting powerful characters like ike.

_clinton

Smash Master
I meant that Ike is scary just because he is "Ike"

I mean really...his balls must of dropped when he was like 6 or so...you know...when he saw his dad kill his mom ^_^

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Says the video ain't there. I think Youtube's been acting up for me.

And I know about that memory thing, but I just had to poke fun at him in Path of Radiance.

A_man13

Smash Master
Ike really creeps me out a bit. He can kill at crazy low damages and is usully very spammy. I find that fire or brainshock can hold him long enough for a grab, arial, smash, or thunder2. And if you can't, even basic jabs can deal with him long enough to get a KO. Ike isn't very tough if you are confident, but if you aren't might as well KO yourself. Still, nothing is as satisfying as intercepting his side B.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ike is a good matchup in Ness' favor, but he can be intimidating with his kill-you-at-70% moves. But like I said, he's pretty easy for Ness if you can read him right and you know how to stop his recovery the right way.

_clinton

Smash Master
Like I keep saying...Ike isn't so much of a hard match for me for the reason that he scares me...I'm saying he scares me because of his manly level being over 9000...I'm pretty sure he is at least close to Snake...I mean they are both off from Falcon...but still...he is that high on the manly scale...

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Yeah, I agree. Ike can be intimidating because you can get freaked out that he has a KO move that can make you fly off the stage at really low percents. Or maybe its just his pure manliness?:laugh: But in the actually battle, Ike bows down to PK Fire, or projectiles in general. ;)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's not his KO power or strength it's his manliness. His KO power is bonus to his massive manliness. Ike is scary because apparently fear and intimidation is how he gets his manliness.

Ike doesn't have projectiles but he has manliness to counter that. A good Ike usually gets around Pk fire and projectiles.

Summary Ike is manly but doesn't have projectiles so you would normally use them.

However I still feel Ike is silly.

~Peachy~

@ Ref...

You're not serious are you? Ike's KO power and strength practically MAKE UP Ike's manliness. They aren't just "extras." Ike's manliness is what causes the intimidation, not the other way around.;)

And I hope you're also kidding about his manliness countering projectiles. Cause Peach/Zelda/Fox/Falco/ Pit and practically all people with projectiles will knock Ike around senseless with their projectile no matter how manly he is.

Projectiles> Manliness.

Even Chuck Norris would scream like a little girl in the midst of Samus' charged shot. It's just the way it is. Not saying that Ike can't find away around projectiles, but until then... he has a hard time dealing with them.
;)

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
o come on guys ness is more manly than Ike and hes like 13, 14, 15? One of those

Projectiles> Manliness.COLOR];)

exactly.

Ike fights for his friends, ness fights for no one but himself, cause hes da man, not ike.

Seriously, ness owns ike if you can spot dodge or projectile spam, fthrow if your on the edge comes very close to killing him, if they DI away from you it does kill him. OHKO.

A_man13

Smash Master
Ness is a psychic kid who can defeate cumbustiamble trees, Hippies, a fat kid, and an intergalactic conquerer in the form of pure evil. Surely he is better than some soldier who can KO at low percents.

But in reality, Ness has range, projectiles, and speed. As long as you keep away from the smashes, you shold do fine.

~Peachy~

o come on guys ness is more manly than Ike and hes like 13, 14, 15? One of those

exactly.

Ike fights for his friends, ness fights for no one but himself, cause hes da man, not ike.

Seriously, ness owns ike if you can spot dodge or projectile spam, fthrow if your on the edge comes very close to killing him, if they DI away from you it does kill him. OHKO.
Thank you for agreeing with me but, now I have to smack you upside the head for messing up the pink font in the quote.;)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
In Brawl, yes, but in Smash as a whole, Mewtwo would give him a run for his money.
Um actually no. Ness, unlike mewtwo, can stop time, teleport, create a sheild, run really fast, BAT, and heal himself almost infinitely, and blow up your mind.

Mewtwo can't run fast, no BAT, and can't stop time. Plus he has less pp than Ness and is limited to only four moves. So teleport, psychic, and recover limit him to one other move. Mewtwo also doesn't have access to as many healing items as Ness.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Um actually no. Ness, unlike mewtwo, can stop time, teleport, create a sheild, run really fast, BAT, and heal himself almost infinitely, and blow up your mind.

Mewtwo can't run fast, no BAT, and can't stop time. Plus he has less pp than Ness and is limited to only four moves. So teleport, psychic, and recover limit him to one other move. Mewtwo also doesn't have access to as many healing items as Ness.
Ness also has Hyper Beam! TM's ftw.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
What, Ness is not man enough to stand up to Ike? I think its the other way around. I think Ike is not man enough to stand up to Ness. There!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ike needs a lot of friends to win.... Truth be told.... Ike has enough of that a lot to win....

Top Bottom