• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is top tier- he could be the Best!

ike-brawler567

Smash Cadet
I've been playing as Ike for a while, and trust me he is awesome. This post is for all Ike newbies on the board- once you get the hang of all the easy combos, Ike's possibilities are practically endless. Grand Viper, RAR +Bair, Aether spikes.... He's extremely versitile! All the pros on the board will agree. Trust me, he's great!!!

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing as Ike for a while, and trust me he is awesome. This post is for all Ike newbies on the board- once you get the hang of all the easy combos, Ike's possibilities are practically endless. Grand Viper, RAR +Bair, Aether spikes.... He's extremely versitile! All the pros on the board will agree. Trust me, he's great!!!
*easy comboe- lol........
*Grand Viper- lol....... doesn't even deserve a name, not even a technique, at most a tactic or an approach
*possibilities are practically endless- umm no.............. lol
*versatile- yea whatever lol
*agree- lol..............

theres no tiers yet, but mostly likely mid-tier at best. ike's too basic and predictable to be any higher

Farnsworth

Smash Cadet
Don't start this again... It's TOO early for tiers. Yes, Ike is good; but not the best. And it seems like you're trying to speak for everyone.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Either you've never played with Ike, or you've never played against a character that can projectile spam.

Sago

Smash Lord
ike is good, and i can beat most people with him, but once people figure out that his combos dont actualy exist and he is incredibly easy to get inside of then he wont be very useful.....maybe take ganons place...except ganon had combos

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Azen said himself, Ike is decent for now but once people learn how to play more, Ike will be extremely hard to be successful with if used competitively.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, all I know is Pikachu tears ike a new one. All he has to do is spam his (projectiles) and since ike's jumps suck he'll get hit more often than not.

he's also torn to shreads by a good yoshi user because he's such a huge target for his multihit attacks he's so known to be godly for, only thing good about ike is if you're lucky enough to land and of his smash attacks (which against someone good you're not going to get)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
gindler, play me thru wifi.
i wanna see how pikachu/yoshi tears ike a new one.

and everyone ike main here is a noob, stop making these threads.

Gindler

Smash Champion
gindler, play me thru wifi.
i wanna see how pikachu/yoshi tears ike a new one.

and everyone ike main here is a noob, stop making these threads.
Well I don't use pikachu (he's yoshi's WORST match-up)

and I have a lan adapter coming (college doesn't have wifi throughout), but i'll be sure to lose to you then :p

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
A friend of mine mains Ike, But no matter what he tries, He loses to my MK, But its just a shame that Ike can't capitalize, All he really has going for him are lucky Fsmashes and Utilts... He really has nothing other then pure power.

DuB 22

Smash Cadet
These are just general statements people are making about Ike and his playability. He's slow, so what? A lot of players look at this and say Ike is an easy match for them (and as it may be true), I think all these people are just playing random Ike's on Wi-Fi. Wait till you play a good Ike with terrefic spacing and a keen ability to punish your rolls/missed smashes/techs etc etc. My 2 cents...

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Now dont get me wrong, I like Ike alot. He is very badass, but im not gonna start a flame war with people over my 2 cents.

I Like Ike!

Smash Rookie
Obviously I like Ike a lot, but he has a ton of weakness. To sum it up, he hits like a tank and can get a few good knocks in, but beyond that it's a grab-bag of distancing away from your opponent and trying to avoid missiles.

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Ike = noob killer. Nothing more. I can see him being low tier. WAAAAY too predictable, and I wanted to point out that in high level competition, players usually don't have missed smashes, techs, or mistimed rolls.

Top Bottom