• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is kinda unfair in online games

MykalOfDefiance

Smash Cadet
I know, people calling cheap all the time are really annoying, but just hear me out.

In random online play, it's always a timed game. The problem with timed games is that you can beat the **** outta every player and just overall pwn, but if you don't get the last hit on anyone, it doesn't matter. And that's where Ike has an advantage. Ike has a -TON- of moves that have a ****load of knockback, and he can KO people at a much lower percentage than most other characters. So in the online timed matches, I'll be beatin the **** outta someone, they'll be gettin up to around 70 or 80 percent, then Ike will jump in and kill them, giving him 100% credit for a kill I did all the work for.

And it aggravates the PISS outta me. :mad:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You do realize the SWF website is mainly for competitive smash right? You're not gonna find anyone who cares for FFA random battles or w/e. In anycase, it's not hard to fight Ike. Just go for him first, and grab the edge when he tries to recover. Instant win.

MykalOfDefiance

Smash Cadet
You do realize the SWF website is mainly for competitive smash right? You're not gonna find anyone who cares for FFA random battles or w/e. In anycase, it's not hard to fight Ike. Just go for him first, and grab the edge when he tries to recover. Instant win.
Sorry, I'm new here. Don't eat me for asking a question. :/

Also, I didn't say it was hard to fight Ike, I said it's annoying when he swoops outta who the hell knows where and kills someone I've been fighting.

link2702

Smash Champion
well....like boredone said....SWF is a place for Competitive smashers....again, meaning that random FFA matches....really aren't important here, honestly, basic brawl is for nothing more then ****s and giggles, and is NEVER to be taken even remotely seriously. and the ikes you find in BB are fairly easy to defeat, all they tend to do is spam Usmash and Fsmash, and hope for a hit, all ya gotta do is concentrate on the ike, ss dodge or power shield his hit and grab em during the ending lag...OR hell, grab em or attack em BEFORE the attack hits.. the startup lag and endign lag on both those moves are so insane that even for begginers against the ike, it shouldn't be too hard to avoid the attack.

not trying to bash your or anything, just saying taht really, basic brawl matches aren't even remotely important, or even discussed here.

now...if you joined here to get into competitive smash...well then, WELCOME! enjoy your stay here. if you wanna learn how to play whoever your main character is, head on over to the character boards for the one you wanna learn, and start learning up on said character. also.....if you are SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY getting into competitive smash, and planning on going to eventual tournaments....check out the tier list as well....though i'm not really trying to tell you to go be a tier ***** and play mk snake or whoever else at the top, it'll give you an idea of where your current favorite character is ranked, and basicly give you an idea what to expect if you decide to keep going with your said main. if you main link well.....hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your horrible recovery is gonna always be your major downfall...as well as a few other problems he has, as he is the 2nd worst character in the game and you'll have to REALLY work hard like mad to make a name for yourself as a link player, just using him as an example.

MykalOfDefiance

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know that now, sorry. Thanks for not being a **** about it. :D

And yeah, I looked at the tier list. :(((((

But I actually already signed up for an online tournament, cause I do wanna get really into competitive play, but the freakin friend finder is offline.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Eh Basic Brawl =/

But it's cool you're getting into competitive smash. It's pretty cool to watch the good people use your character and constantly strive to be the very best.

You'll like competitive smash, it's pretty interesting

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For finding other people to play online, I recommend going to www.allisbrawl.com

It's kinda like a social network site...but Brawl. They have chat rooms which consist of ladder (best online ranking system for brawl), free play (play anybody and get practice in), social chat, and etc. The forums there are pretty dead, so if you wanna learn about certain techniques and etc, come here...if you wanna do online practice, go there.

Kingofriku

Smash Rookie
As an Ike player myself, I understand you, but also there's downfalls. I was playing online against a pit once and I was getting kill after kill after kill. But the pit kept using his Side B, and characters would fly through him and he would get the kill. He stole about 5 kills from me in one match. Although I still won (because I've only lost about 5 matches online ever) dps players can steal kills from tanks very easily as long as they can get in the way. When fighting an Ike, try to get him far from the edge and if you can, while he's far hit him with ONE projectile. It should kill him a good amount of the time ;)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Go for the Ike player instead. He can't steal kills from you then.
unless he's one of the players from the Ike CCV. in that case, he dies, but he'll just steal the point from you, just for being so ******

Top Bottom