• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is F tier?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I kinda dont get what your trying to say op. What exactly do you mean by, "Well i think hes better than that?" Better by what margin? Better against another character?

What exactly do you mean by change? Ike's ATs? Other characters ATs? Recovery options?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
The thing about the tier list is where the character is determines HOW MANY good MUs they have. If they're low, it's hard for them to beat a great sum of characters, especially above them. Ike being where he is results in his MU with the majority of the characters. lol at metaknight being by himself btw. Snake could be in S tier with MK, since he's always been #2.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
I meant I always thought his rank was higher, like wasn't his rank better than Bowser, Ness and Lucas?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He's only above on tourney results =/

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I meant I always thought his rank was higher, like wasn't his rank better than Bowser, Ness and Lucas?

That's the keyword. It's a tier list. They change every year. If you honestly wanna find out why he's where he is, look into MUs with certain characters and do some research man.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Come on I've been playing forever as well as been a member on this site for some time. I'm just joking the whole point of this topic was I was just amazed that Ness and Lucas went up past Ike. It made me go into their forums to see if they learned some new ATs.

I was also wondering what makes tiers change. Was it MU, tournament winners, amount of people who played or something else that changed the rank of tiers.

I was also wondering when tiers changed officially, I guess it goes by year.

In conclusion, I'm sorry for looking stupid. I was just looking for answers.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Come on I've been playing forever as well as been a member on this site for some time. I'm just joking the whole point of this topic was I was just amazed that Ness and Lucas went up past Ike. It made me go into their forums to see if they learned some new ATs.
Well that's what you SHOULD be doing. Knowing your opponent is vital in battle.

I was also wondering what makes tiers change. Was it MU, tournament winners, amount of people who played or something else that changed the rank of tiers.
Usually it's tournament results and analysis of each character's strengths,weaknesses,specifics,etc. The BBR meet together and discuss this to determine the next tier list by next year.

I was also wondering when tiers changed officially, I guess it goes by year.
Yep it's yearly.

In conclusion, I'm sorry for looking stupid. I was just looking for answers.
Then don't say you're joking. If you made this thread to joke, then that's even worse. I did that a while back, make a thread to joke, and it ended up making me look stupid. If you ARE looking for answers, why're you saying you're joking? Just look into things and if you're really stumped, post in Ashu's thread and it'll most definitely be answered quicker. I'm not trying to make this hard, but you just need to do your howework.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I was joking about was brawling to find answers or whatever I said and you can't do homework without knowing what to do, now I know how to sorta figure tiers out. So thanks for your help and direction :chuckle:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, imo, the game is getting more defensive as time goes on, this means that ike is going to become worse and worse, if it was offensive, he would be better because he needs people to approach him rather than him approaching them, because lets face it, ike is really bad at approaching, he has the combat walk, which really isnt a viable approach. he has fair, which has a lot of landing lag and if it's shielded you will be punished, and you have the nair, which is probably his best approach, however its still fairly slow to startup.

and then you got his recovery...
so aether is reasonably hard to punish, but any projectile (and most attacks in general) can hit him out of it, leaving ike vulnerable to take a lot of damage while recovering, his air speed isnt that good, and his second jump is one of the most pitiful jumps in the game *cough peach *cough* wario cough*
but even quoting them, those two have much better recovery to make up for it.

haha, i say all this, im not actually the greatest ike player in the world, i can jsut tell people the best and worse options, solely from experience XP

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dude, stop posting in topics that are way past their time unless you have something ground breaking to say. I don't think this topic even deserves a revival.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dude, stop posting in topics that are way past their time unless you have something ground breaking to say. I don't think this topic even deserves a revival.
okay then, sorry men. the boards just seem fairly...well...dead.
anyway, i think its safe to say theeboredone is that guy in every board that is blunt ad hell and dosent afriad on anythign XP

Top Bottom