• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Improvements

•Col•

Smash Champion
Read this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=200495

So yeah... Just something cool to think about... Just wanted to see what my other Ike mainers out there think about this, and how it would effect Ike... xP

I'm just going to throw an obvious one out there: Removing the attack portion of Quickdraw. :D Lulz.

Also, maybe some more activation frames on Counter and make his Grab game better somehow.... xD

Nvm... >.> Better just forget about this, since the idea is being bashed so much. So yeah, stop replying to this thread... D:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Something like giving him more fast attacks and a little bit more of a power nerf to compensate would seem reasonable, but I dunno, I like Brawl as it is anyway. :/ XD

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I say increase his jumps. Make him more floaty (his cape should actually do that you know) Reduce lag.

Replace QD with a real projectile!!! jking that won't happen I know

I'll post in that thread tomorrow.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm rather staunchly against this sort of thing, personally. Once you begin to "fix" some "issues", such as Quick Draw (Which I honestly don't see a problem with.) then you'll see some problems with your fixes, maybe you made them too powerful. You can't revert, so you're going to have to change something else, such as Ike's power. If you're making the character better in some categories, he'll probably give way in another. This sort of stupid balance scale is the main reason I advocate keeping all sorts of hacks away from Brawl, even the no trip one. While authorial intent doesn't matter, it seems rather foolish to begin to alter the game as we see fit.

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
Less lag time when landing on his airials.
It is so frustrating to miss a short hop bair and have to wait 2 seconds while he recovers.

Other than that, I think hes well balenced.
Maybe his jab combo can do a little less damage.

Although to be honest, I think the idea of a patch is stupid.
People need to mvoe on from Melee.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
OMG if anything has to be changed it's the lag from the non-canceled Nair, that stupid thing has taken so many lives from Ike's, it's not even funny.

Not that this will go through anyway...

Viral-Enki

Smash Cadet
^
Ha ha, I forgot about that.
Definately frustrating to see him fall as he swings that sword for a good 2 seconds.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't like the idea of playing with these patches. But if I had to think of some changes, I would prefer less pre and post lag on his moves and giving him his Lord outfit (sucks seeing wario in so many outfits where as Ike's Lord outfits are awesome yet not even put in).

Everything else can pretty much stay the same.
-sighs-But there's no point in hoping for a broken Ike from PoR

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I think he's fine the way he is. My only gripe is that Aether doesn't always work 100% of the time. I'd make it so that you have a 100% guarantee that if you hit them with the initial hit of Aether, then the rest of the attack will hit. Maybe make the Eruption spike/meteor not impossible, too. On the issue of having a projectile like he's supposed to in Fire Emblem, he does. That's what his Final Smash starts with. If Ike had a projectile, something else would have to get severely nerfed, and I don't think that's worth the trouble.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Super Ike.
This

and better recovery thats all I ask for. Make QD go thru people if he hits them or give aether a better sweetspot (Or reduce sweetspoting for everyone else) The big problem with reduced sweetspoting is that Ike's dtilt will **** too much then.. .

10SuperIkes

Guilhe

Smash Ace
My view over the improvements Ike needs

Quick draw
• Less ending lag, it is ridiculous as it is now;
• Make Ike pass through the opponents, it would greatly improve Ike’s chase game and overall mobility;
• Make Ike not go into “hopeless” state after being used in the air. This would be a great boost to his horizontal recovery.

Well, after all these boosts he should deal less damage and knockback.

Aether

• The knockback of the sword when rotating should be inward;

Counter
• It should fast as Marth’s. Ike has some problems dealing with pressure as his jabs are his only reliable move if the opponent gets too close. It would be nice if there were more options. Besides, Counter isn’t very useful as it is.

Nair
• Make it faster! Not only for the sake of not getting killed by it at the edge of the sage, but for the sake of Ike having some juggling potential.

Grab
What’s the deal with the “hug” animation? Why doesn’t he stretch his arm forward when trying to grab someone? And why does his grab damage is so average considering his strength?

Lag
I wonder if so much is needed in order to balance him. His Dtilt lag is too much IMO.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Quick draw
• Less ending lag, it is ridiculous as it is now; Not a big problem atm bu if Ike goes thru people then yes make this happen
• Make Ike pass through the opponents, it would greatly improve Ike’s chase game and overall mobility; This I would love
• Make Ike not go into “hopeless” state after being used in the air. This would be a great boost to his horizontal recovery.Ike would go from one of worst to pretty good recover

Well, after all these boosts he should deal less damage and knockback.sigh, we can really have only one thing :( I still want fsmash at full power

Aether

• The knockback of the sword when rotating should be inward;Yes, more damage then and easier aether spikes

Counter
• It should fast as Marth’s. Ike has some problems dealing with pressure as his jabs are his only reliable move if the opponent gets too close. It would be nice if there were more options. Besides, Counter isn’t very useful as it is.I'd say maybe 3-4 frames faster, slower than Marth but not too slow

Nair
• Make it faster! Not only for the sake of not getting killed by it at the edge of the sage, but for the sake of Ike having some juggling potential. But if its faster we can't punish air dodges ;(

Grab
What’s the deal with the “hug” animation? Why doesn’t he stretch his arm forward when trying to grab someone? And why does his grab damage is so average considering his strength?more grab damage is a yes, and maybe a stronger bthrow

Lag
I wonder if so much is needed in order to balance him. His Dtilt lag is too much IMO. High risk, high reward, I like his dtilt
10opinions

also what would you guys rather want? Aether sweetspoting on the way up? Or remain the same?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Nah… No sweetspoting on the way up. And as for the Side-B not going into helpless state, I think it would actually make Ike’s recovery decent. It would still leave Ike vulnerable to gimps just as he is now.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
But that means we can't attack people with aether thru the ledge.
not really because the sword goes up first remember? We just wouldn't get the full hit of aether in.

I say make it SS if you are moving towards the ledge when you pass it other wise you should just go right trough.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Two more things:

Limit the number of times Ike can F-throw someone against a wall;
Exclude the blast-off glitch.
We couldn't really do either of those....... Can't really work the number of times you can throw someone against the wall.... Either leave it, or take it out altogether...

And the blast-off glitch isn't really a glitch... You'd have to change the entire engine to move it, like perfect shielding pushback and such....

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I say give him a better second jump and make his cape do its job and provide air resistance.

On a side note since I woke up today for hells tournament I watched the kirby anime on 4kids and MK has a projectile *suffers from heart attack*

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well yah I know. If Ike was his FE version it would be Ike > MK > black holes > other natural disasters > rest of cast but you know Sakurai actually liked MK unlike Ike so if anyone was made closer to there original selfs it would have been MK.

Gabz

Smash Apprentice
I say give a little improovement to his jumps and less lag from his atacks.

Top Bottom