• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Combo Video by Reed

comboking

Smash Master
Hem... I dont know... I herd he plays Iek!!!

back on topic, like I said on youtube, it seems that characters are much more vulnerable in the air now (floaty chars + no directional airdodge...)

Technically, most of the stuff weren't really combos... I would be more like relentless ****.
THEY KIND OF SAID THEY WERE NOT COMBOES IF I REMEMBER RIGHT

comboking

Smash Master

back on topic, like I said on youtube, it seems that characters are much more vulnerable in the air now (floaty chars + no directional airdodge...)

Technically, most of the stuff weren't really combos... I would be more like relentless ****.
NTHEY SAID THEY WERE NOT COMBOES IF I REMEMBER RIGHT

comboking

Smash Master

OF COURSE THEY ARE NOT COMBOES KIDDING

Mule50

Smash Cadet
Nice with every video I see, Ike looks to be more and more like what Roy should have been the first time.

Th3 G1ft88

Smash Rookie
Wow I am impressed, I don't know why a lot of people are hating on Ike. He is clearly in my top 3.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I hate to be a downer, but that video was pretty bad. Combo videos (while I understand that there weren't combos) are supposed to make you look good and make your opponents look good. There were many instances of stupid playing, for instance, you hit your opponent up, charged an up smash, and waited until they came into you. Frankly, there were way to many things like this that wouldn't work on a skilled player to say this was good. It was also way too long, especially for the content that you had in it. Its difficult to make a melee combo vid from a pro this long, and melee looks way more impressive, thus making it easier to be occupied for this long of a time period. While, it is fun to make your first combo vid, you should wait a little bit longer before you come out with another combo video. ie wait until you are a better player. I'll admit that when I came out with my first combo video, it was too soon and it was pretty bad. If you stick to smash and continue to get better, then I think you will find out what I mean.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Nice vid but guys, Ike aint Roy. Get over it and please stop comparing them. So they both use fire. BIG DEAL. Bowser uses fire but he's not Roy is he. As a matter of fact, Ike is cooler than Roy. Please dont flame me too much. This is just my opinion.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Nice vid but guys, Ike aint Roy. Get over it and please stop comparing them. So they both use fire. BIG DEAL. Bowser uses fire but he's not Roy is he. As a matter of fact, Ike is cooler than Roy. Please dont flame me too much. This is just my opinion.
Agreed wholeheartedly...

To be honest this really isn't all that impressive to me. Not even because of the mediocre opponents in this vid but because I'm not seeing anything special. I see an Ike following up with obvious moves. Definitely not trying to be rude here but I main Ike myself (after dropping Samus) and the same combos I see here are the same combos any decent Ike player would do. I don't see any uniqueness here except for maybe the way he baits the opponent for an upsmash setup. I would definitely like to play Reed online though...Ike dittos are quite amazing. Dyna let me know if he accepts since for some reason this Reed guy is scared to post on the boards because he doesn't have a presence...anyway my AIM is "xsilvenx"

Card

Smash Lord
That isn't what people are comparing between Ike and Roy. They aren't doing a literal comparison between them, but a metaphorical one.

What they are comparing between them is how at the start of the Melee meta game, Roy was considered to be a top-tiered character very quickly, but then a few years later as the meta game developed further, Roy dropped from Top Tier down to Low Tier once players learned how to play with every character.

Right now that is partially what is happening with Ike, we have an entire community shouting that Ike is top-tier (serious or not) before the game has even released in America. Do we know what tier Ike will be in? Not really, it's far too early to tell. But when people compare the two, it's because they are saying that people are jumping the gun when they claim that Ike is top-tier and history just might repeat itself in parallel to what happened to Roy's tier placing.

Either way... Why do I know the song in the video but at the same time I don't :confused:

I think it is way to early for you to have made a "combo" video (italic on combo because you didn't really combo anything). Especially when your opponents weren't very good (no offense... but ZSamus Down+B into nearly full-charged Eruption to name a few...) Although you did show you knew how to control Ike to an extent, which was cool.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Ike does have three usable meteors. D-tilt, D-air, and Up-B have all killed people in videos, multiple times.

Nice video. I liked the "combos." Mindgames ftw. I liked your aggressive use of D-air and your use of eruption is probably the best I've seen.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Good to finally see a solid demonstration of Ike's abilities. At this point, it doesn't seem like his speed will hold him down if you know what you're doing. Reed has a handle on Ike, I'll give him that.

Thanks for the video Dyna, I plan on studying this a bit. I didn't know Eruption had that kind of power behind it.

Doval

Smash Lord
I hate to be a downer but 90% of the opponents were just acting like *******. Now, I know there's already a disclaimer that this isn't so much a combo video as it is clips of chains of attacks successfully landing, but if 90% of the video consists of opponents being stupid, then 8 minutes of that is way too long.

Also, I don't feel the song chosen goes well with Ike or the pacing of the fights. But I suppose that's just a matter of taste.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to downplay Reed. I'm just saying, the video itself was pretty poor. Don't want people getting the wrong idea and thinking that Ike can land those things or that opponents would rather self-destruct than attempt to come back to the edge. On the other hand, thanks for posting it, as I'm sure the community is pretty hungry for videos.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
I like watching any videos with ike. This way I can get a better idea of how best to use him, especially in tough circumstances.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
The opponents aren't bad, they can kick Reed's ***.

They just didn't have much option when they recovered into Ike's attacks, they have the Melee syndrome (they forget that they can do multiple air dodges, they forget there is no L-Cancel and they press L after aerial attacks, WaveDash is not present, they tend to try it, it's a different game, they forgot that Brawl got most characters nerfed instead of adding more stuff), they're still playing and believe me, they're doing really better every time they play. Don't be rough, this is only a test.

Ike have insane priority, insane range and insane strenght. Believe me, I'm no tard and I fell to many of that crap.

Reed isn't scared of posting here, its just that I have more "presence" here, also, his english is very bad.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I hate to be a downer but...
Good word choice.

The opponents aren't bad, they can kick Reed's ***.
I'm not trying to be a douche, but you should stop now, you are only digging yourself and everyone you are trying to defend deeper.

They just didn't have much option when they recovered into Ike's attacks, they have the Melee syndrome (they forget that they can do multiple air dodges, they forget there is no L-Cancel and they press L after aerial attacks, WaveDash is not present, they tend to try it, it's a different game, they forgot that Brawl got most characters nerfed instead of adding more stuff), they're still playing and believe me, they're doing really better every time they play. Don't be rough, this is only a test.
For whatever reason, you shouldn't post a combo video, especially an 8.5 minute vid, of people playing bad if you don't expect to get the constructive criticism that comes along with it. Its cool that you put together a game play vid of Ike, but really, it is a poor combo vid.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but a better name for this would be an Ike "Gameplay video". There are no combos. Ike simply doesn't have any. (well, maybe a low% fair>utilt). On top of this, there is nothing flashy in it.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Good word choice.

I'm not trying to be a douche, but you should stop now, you are only digging yourself and everyone you are trying to defend deeper.

For whatever reason, you shouldn't post a combo video, especially an 8.5 minute vid, of people playing bad if you don't expect to get the constructive criticism that comes along with it. Its cool that you put together a game play vid of Ike, but really, it is a poor combo vid.
First of all, I don't have the task to get "constructive criticism", I wasn't even there, and I did not put the video together, it is not even my work. Everything was made by Reed.

I was asked to post the video because "I'm DynaDash, I have lots of attention because I'm a girl", I feel responsible to "defend" it because I -know- how the things works ¿yes?
¿Did you even -read- the first post? I made very interesting points like: "Don't expect REAL combos, but chain of hits, because there are many mistakes by the opponent and Reed punished very well.". ¿Am I rite? If that's right, read it again, please, understand "chain of hits", I was there to -explain- just before people like you came and said things straight to the air.

I even put "combo video" as it is, with the quotation marks, you get the picture ¿And you still feel like speaking your heart about something WE already know and is oficially stated? Dear god, you must feel really desperate to "express yourself against to", That wasn't necessary.

" I hope people enjoy the video, because it's really good, shows a posible meta-game for future Ike players." <- Please, tell me you understand that, and really, -understand-.

¿Have you played Brawl? ¿Do you have videos? And don't tell me that you don't need to play it or to post videos to have your own way of thinking.

Hey, I appreciate you actually have the guts to say: "Hey, stop, there's something wrong"-ish stuff, too bad you don't have enough reasons to strengthen your point.
And I mean no harm towards you, don't think I'm actually mad at you (if you even care, lol), just to make things easy ^^ (no sarcasm in this emoticon)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
First of all, I don't have the task to get "constructive criticism", I wasn't even there, and I did not put the video together, it is not even my work. Everything was made by Reed.
Then you shouldn't get angry when I say it is bad

I was asked to post the video because "I'm DynaDash, I have lots of attention because I'm a girl", I feel responsible to "defend" it because I -know- how the things works ¿yes?
¿Did you even -read- the first post? I made very interesting points like: "Don't expect REAL combos, but chain of hits, because there are many mistakes by the opponent and Reed punished very well.". ¿Am I rite? If that's right, read it again, please, understand "chain of hits", I was there to -explain- just before people like you came and said things straight to the air.

I even put "combo video" as it is, with the quotation marks, you get the picture ¿And you still feel like speaking your heart about something WE already know and is oficially stated? Dear god, you must feel really desperate to "express yourself against to", That wasn't necessary.
No one cares that you are a girl.

Did you even read my last post where I acknowledged that this wasn't exactly a real combo video? Did you also read my post where I said that the mistakes were some of the dumbest mistakes that I have ever seen. Lets see, hmm, I'll get hit up into the air and then land on his charging up smashing. But even if it is not a real combo video, it should still make the player look good and the opponents look good as well. It was bad, it needed to be said so millions of other bad combo videos like this don't pop up.

" I hope people enjoy the video, because it's really good, shows a posible meta-game for future Ike players." <- Please, tell me you understand that, and really, -understand-.
This is not going to do anything to the meta game. The Ike didn't even look good in a combo video, in a freaking combo video. It is so easy to make someone look good after you get a ton of footage and pick out little things from each recording, and yet he doesn't. You need to stop getting such a big head and realize that this video isn't the best thing you have ever seen, cause it really isn't.

¿Have you played Brawl? ¿Do you have videos? And don't tell me that you don't need to play it or to post videos to have your own way of thinking.
I have played it... a lot. And I do have a couple vids. You can look through Youko's vids on youtube if you really want to see them. If I hadn't played brawl already, I wouldn't be critiquing his game play.

Hey, I appreciate you actually have the guts to say: "Hey, stop, there's something wrong"-ish stuff, too bad you don't have enough reasons to strengthen your point.
And I mean no harm towards you, don't think I'm actually mad at you (if you even care, lol), just to make things easy ^^ (no sarcasm in this emoticon)
You should seriously stop being so cocky, you are beginning to look like an idiot. I have just shown that I have plenty of reasons to strengthen my point, and if you need more, then you can read my first post in this thread, like you should have done before you posted this long argument, that didn't help you one bit. And don't think I'm mad at you. I just hate to see bad people get giant heads over these things and then start talking **** to everyone when they shouldn't be.

comboking

Smash Master

nce one good job you did what i wanted to do!

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Bowyer said:
Then you shouldn't get angry when I say it is bad

No one cares that you are a girl.

Did you even read my last post where I acknowledged that this wasn't exactly a real combo video? Did you also read my post where I said that the mistakes were some of the dumbest mistakes that I have ever seen. Lets see, hmm, I'll get hit up into the air and then land on his charging up smashing. But even if it is not a real combo video, it should still make the player look good and the opponents look good as well. It was bad, it needed to be said so millions of other bad combo videos like this don't pop up.
I'm not even angry, I was just bored and wanted to reply one post.
I read your post, and your persistence made me thought that you didn't understood the first post.
Yes, they made very silly mistakes, and I explained what happened, you still wanted to be against without reason, I think something like: "I don't like it, this video sucks" was enough and I wouldn't care less about it. I don't know why you have that "something" to drive you to do unnecesary criticism. I won't tell you "Stop", it's alrigh. Discussion Forum ¿but remark something that was already stated? C'mon. I don't care If I'm a girl either, Reed just wanted to use my "popularity" to gain more views to his video.

This is not going to do anything to the meta game. The Ike didn't even look good in a combo video, in a freaking combo video. It is so easy to make someone look good after you get a ton of footage and pick out little things from each recording, and yet he doesn't. You need to stop getting such a big head and realize that this video isn't the best thing you have ever seen, cause it really isn't.
I think the video is good. I'll try to get his Friend Code, if you want to make some ownage. ¿Big head? You misunderstand. I don't think this video is great or "the best I've ever seen", I think you like to put words in my mouth, that's not pretty thing to do.

I have played it... a lot. And I do have a couple vids. You can look through Youko's vids on youtube if you really want to see them. If I hadn't played brawl already, I wouldn't be critiquing his game play.
I can't find any specific about you, but I'll try to find'em.

You should seriously stop being so cocky, you are beginning to look like an idiot. I have just shown that I have plenty of reasons to strengthen my point, and if you need more, then you can read my first post in this thread, like you should have done before you posted this long argument, that didn't help you one bit. And don't think I'm mad at you. I just hate to see bad people get giant heads over these things and then start talking **** to everyone when they shouldn't be.
¿Cocky? ¿Where? I'm not trying to be cocky. I'm just here for the ones in the video, if you don't like that I actually have reasons to counter yours, please ignore.

I'm no idiot, I have decent IQ. ¿Do you know what "idiot" means? Oh please, stop. You seem angry, you're starting to use words you don't even know how to use.
I read your posts, but I told you. You insist too much about a simple video. I think you're over reacting.

I think you should calm down, It's just another video, go and tell that to Reed himself: youtube.com/user/grafoneo
Send him a private message and tell him his video sucks, please.

Don't get offended =/

Top Bottom