• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Combo Video by Reed

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
This "combo video" was made by Reed (a very known Roy user in Melee), who finally got his hands on Brawl.

Don't expect REAL combos, but chain of hits, because there are many mistakes by the opponent and Reed punished very well.
I hope people enjoy the video, because it's really good, shows a posible meta-game for future Ike players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IqgrKz_N5G4

Ps: Oh, I post this because Reed thinks he doesn't have enough prencence in this forum to post anything, so I did it =)

payasofobia

Smash Champion
strong attacks,high priority,awesome forward smash,heavy,running speed is the same as ZSS(that means FAST),awesome edgeguarder and super armor.
ike is really good

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Dyna as in Dyna-Dash? Wow, good to see you're still around!

Also, give me props to Reed please, XD.
Yep, I'm Dyna Dash =)

Glad you people like the video =)

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
why does reed have to win at smash all the time? i dont think its fair...

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
why does reed have to win at smash all the time? i dont think its fair...
Reed has studied Ike since videos started to come up, when he first played Brawl, he already has something learned and that just needed practice, something he is earning.
He's good, and will get better.

I'll try to own him soon, because he destroyed me, I'm still gettin' practice with Samus.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Dyna, if you're able to relay the information, I am curious on Reed's thoughts about Ike.
I tried Ike myself, he's really good, he feels like SSBM Ganondorf with Marth's SSBM range with monstruous strenght.
I'll ask Reed about Ike.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I tried Ike myself, he's really good, he feels like SSBM Ganondorf with Marth's SSBM range with monstruous strenght.
I'll ask Reed about Ike.
Thanks a bunch. I was rather rude without adding a please in there, so, Dyna please. ^^;;

wakka444

Smash Ace
Nothing will replace the special tingle of watching ike destroy marth^_^ great video props to reed seriously

Chro

Smash Apprentice
The opponents in this vid are mostly subpar (they recover right into his Eruptions) but he does do some nice stuff. At like 0:47, you can see that Eruption's hitbox reaches pretty far up. But yeah, this guy's pretty good.

edit-- I forgot to mention-- WTF is up with Snake's up+B? That's insane! (0:59-1:06ish)

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
ooo, very nice vid reed.
needless to say you have inspired my roy in melee very much to the point where its at.
and again you post yet another video of you destroying people.
at first i was sceptical of ike, and tbh, i would still like roy in brawl, but with watching this, i think ill play ike more than what i was planning on.
good stuff Reed

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
..I hate sounding anti Ike.

That didn't require any skill to pull off. Go ahead and do what he did when you get the game.

Ike has about as much combo ability as Bowser...your just an f-smash away from greatness.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

That didn't require any skill to pull off. Go ahead and do what he did when you get the game.

Ike has about as much combo ability as Bowser...your just an f-smash away from greatness.

Marthikeroy

Smash Cadet
I like how in almost every clip with Marth, Ike had over 150% damage and the Marth had less than 90%, and Ike would always KO Marth in like one hit, below 100%.
I still like Marth, it just shows how Ike is better in a way.

Dyna

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
DASH#330
NNID
DynaDASH
3DS FC
4442-0361-1464
Reed said:
Thanks for posting this
This isn't the "real" Reed, but another one, so don't pay attention to him.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

takes more skill than you know. and for a deffinition of skill would be anything from SH'ing to mindgames and to pull off what reed did, was some form of skill.
and for the "your just an f-smash away from greatness" comment.....tisk tisk. you act as if marths f-smash isnt just as good.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
I don't anything speacial from his ike,if his oponnent just know to dodge ike would be in trouble

comboking

Smash Master
Hem... I dont know... I herd he plays Iek!!!

back on topic, like I said on youtube, it seems that characters are much more vulnerable in the air now (floaty chars + no directional airdodge...)

Technically, most of the stuff weren't really combos... I would be more like relentless ****.

DYNA KIND OF SAID THEY WEREN'T REALLY COMBOES

Top Bottom