• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Championship Calibur Character or A Noob Buster?

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys. Ive been thinkin about this for a long time. I realize that Ike in my opinion is truly not a natural Championship Calibur Character. Basically, I see that when it comes to the characters that end up on top in tournaments, there's probably a 7% chance that you will see Ike in the Top 3-5. Y is this? This is because Ike is a character that is used primarily to separate the skilled players from the noob players. Because the gap between winning and losing with Ike at the noob level is completely different from the pro-player level, i have come to the conclusion that Ike is a character that can be used to get far and possibly win in tournaments, but his primary reason for being on Super Smash Brothers Brawl is to prove which players are bad, good or great. What do you guys think?

P.S.: I believe that Ike, Marth, Roy and Sorren should be in the next Super Smash Bros. (if there is gonna be a "next" one). Also it would be cool if Ryu Hayabusa was in the next one too. The super Ninja Hayabusa would **** anyone who crosses his path! Opinions??? :laugh:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am not sure, it depends on the person, really. I find myself to be an above-average Ike, but that is after a couple practice sessons.

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
The reason you're not seeing Ike win tournaments is because *gasp!* he's not that great a character. Don't get me wrong, I like Ike; while he's nowhere near my main, I do enjoy playing him from time to time. He's just not in the same ballpark as the high/top tier characters.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I don't question his knowledge, but I also don't think he's super pwnsome at brawl either. Call me a cynic I guess, I just think there's more to being a great brawl player than spending 90% of your time talking about how much it sucks.

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
Saying that, I would assume that your icon next to your name isn't your main either, right?
Wouldn't a Ness player know quite a bit about not-so-great characters?

Also, when I said that "he's nowhere near my main," I meant that I don't play him nearly as much as my main(s); when I re-read my prior post, it seemed a bit ambiguous.

edit/disclaimer: I make no claims whatsoever about my Brawl ability; it just doesn't exactly take M2K to know that Ike isn't anywhere near as good as Snake or MK.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ur so stupid, you dont even realize that spelled idiot right.
Oh God that was beyond pathetic. >.<

And Rykosheet, I dont need to be Macguyver when I wield a punch that makes things explode from pure AWESOME.

(But seriously my friend taught me some funny **** with explosives. :chuckle:)

Betaz

Smash Ace
ROFLMAOUIRIPOOTWDSTTFOIBIMAIJDOL
(Rolling on floor laughing my *** off until I roll into path of onconming truck with dynamite strapped to the front of it, but it misses and I just die of laughter)

*ahem* anyways now that that's outta the way...

I still wish there was a rep counter in this forum still(there used to be one :(...) I'd be +rep'ing for so much win in this thread...

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
Time to point and laugh at Cyan!

Not three days after I state that Ike isn't a great character, my little brother, an Ike main, gives me hell with his Ike. My Falco and my Ness didn't have a problem, but pretty much everybody else (including the two-four characters I'm learning) had all sorts of problems, roffle.

IkeKillsAll

Smash Cadet
I'd say Ike is mainly a noob character, but he can be used as an amazing tournament top-tier character. I use Ike and found that you have to dig very deep to find some of his great assets. He's one of the characters everyone thinks they are good with, but very few know his true strengths.

D

Deleted member

What if that was Gimpyfish saying that, with a Ness icon?
I'd still make fun of him. Gimpyfish is pretty active for Brawl, but he doesn't know everything. Less e-***** would help everyone.

Ike is a good character.

Wouldn't a Ness player know quite a bit about not-so-great characters?
No, they would know about Ness. And if nothing has changed from Melee, they wouldn't even know **** about Ness for that matter. 90% of Ness players are painfully stupid, don't be one of them.

null55

Smash Master
Awesome. Awesome. Is this really what it was like with the Roy boards?

I should do a scientific experiment with this sh*t...

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Ike is mainly a noob character, but he can be used as an amazing tournament top-tier character. I use Ike and found that you have to dig very deep to find some of his great assets. He's one of the characters everyone thinks they are good with, but very few know his true strengths.
O RLY. Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?

null55

Smash Master
Confucius say, ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star.

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
I'd say Ike is mainly a noob character, but he can be used as an amazing tournament top-tier character.
Then how come he hasn't won any noteworthy tournaments?

Ike is a good character.
Not compared to Snake or MK. That was my entire point, but you were too busy lighting your flamethrower to notice. Way to go!

No, they would know about Ness. And if nothing has changed from Melee, they wouldn't even know **** about Ness for that matter. 90% of Ness players are painfully stupid, don't be one of them.
Whoa. That was totally unnecessary. I've never even played Melee, so lumping me in with that crowd doesn't work on multiple levels. In fact, I barely even post on the Ness boards; I've seen too many people crying about the release grab. At any rate, feel free to bash on my Brawl skills, experience, or whatever lights your flames, but don't insult my intelligence; I've done nothing to deserve that.

Top Bottom