• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Chaingrab

MrEh

Smash Hero
These are from jump breaks right? (I play Bowser and I'm pretty good with him, just don't chain grab much and the outdated thread for the grabs don't help much)
Yes, Ike can be regrabbed through both jump releases and ground releases IIRC.

B!squick

Smash Master
lol nevermind then, I'd still like to help out tho. Also your avatar is pretty funny
I find it even funnier that you're the first to comment on it. As if everyone just kinda expects him to do something like that and it's not abnormal at all. :dizzy:

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
i like this topic but it really does seem that bowser king is in denial which makes it even funnier
Umm...I'm not in denial. All I said is that it doesn't change the matchup to 60-40 IMO. How is that in denial? I'm debating for what I believe. I put up facts and countered what I could.

If you have nothing to add other then "This is a funny thread" then don't post.

If there is, no one told me about it, lol.
There is and it's made by liquid Gen.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Atria

Smash Journeyman
c. SDIable + Ike's frame is much much smaller than Bowser's.
@Bowser King: I think he's referring to the fact that Ike has a smaller body size than Bowser. However, body size can also be called a 'frame' as well. IMO though, you'll hear the word 'frame' used more than body size.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I have been impressed by YagamiLight in this topic, he's neutral and intelligent. Yes, this will have an effect on matchup numbers, most likely putting Ike at a slight advantage. Bowser isn't Wario, grabs are very possible, you can't just say 'well we have Klawhopping' because that's just silly, it's not nearly that good at avoiding grabs unless you Klawhop literally constantly, which obviously Bowser doesn't. Bowser spends the majority of his time grounded and up close. One shieldgrab, jab to grab etc. and Ike's got you up to 60% if you weren't there already, though I disagree that's enough for Bowser to be in KO zone (unless you like walking into F Smashes).

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I have been impressed by YagamiLight in this topic, he's neutral and intelligent. Yes, this will have an effect on matchup numbers, most likely putting Ike at a slight advantage. Bowser isn't Wario, grabs are very possible, you can't just say 'well we have Klawhopping' because that's just silly.
I know. it very well might be 60-40. Again, that's for when we get to the discussion. All I'm saying is that is there something we can do to get around it (which was proven impossible) and how big it factors in.

I say it's 55-45 and it might be 60-40 but were not on that machup so I don't know why people are bringing that stuff into this thread.

@Klawhopping

I was using that to point out to him that bowser and ike will both get grabbed. He brought up that ike will likely just space himself and not get grabbed. I said, using that logic, we could just use klawhopping.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Top Bottom