• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Hoser

Smash Ace
PlayAsia, I guess.

@Cambriel
Facing left like he was: tap right, double-jump nair. You can also tap down, which can make you fast-fall if you aren't careful, but doesn't make you go further from the edge, making the whle thing easier imo.

-If you use A to do nair:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, release left, A, hold left.

-If you set your Cstick to Attack:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, diagonal on cstick.

It simply requires a good timing, and learning when you can input after you let go of the edge. Just train.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I noticed that this had kinda died off a bit since we got the ike skype group, even I havent been coming here all that often.

Anyways, Got a tournament this weekend. Hoping to give it a beasting as this is the last tournament before creating a UK power ranking!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
PlayAsia, I guess.

@Cambriel
Facing left like he was: tap right, double-jump nair. You can also tap down, which can make you fast-fall if you aren't careful, but doesn't make you go further from the edge, making the whle thing easier imo.

-If you use A to do nair:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, release left, A, hold left.

-If you set your Cstick to Attack:
tap right, hold left, double-jump, diagonal on cstick.

It simply requires a good timing, and learning when you can input after you let go of the edge. Just train.
PlayAsia is more expensive than Amazon though... (For the white one, because that one is sexy.)

I noticed that this had kinda died off a bit since we got the ike skype group, even I havent been coming here all that often.

Anyways, Got a tournament this weekend. Hoping to give it a beasting as this is the last tournament before creating a UK power ranking!
Cool. Have fun and good luck. Do well so you can Apex with me so I can beat you into the ground. :joyful:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Only if you don't know where to get them, silly. Or, you could just take a **** one apart and fix it up. it's what I've done with one of my now-good ones

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
You know I've noticed the same thing. But for me, it's mostly because of school. And I feel like I haven't had anything interesting to add to the conversation. So I just kind of lurk, kind of like I do on the science boards on forums sites.

I attribute it to lack of drive. I don't really have a huge overwhelming urge to play Smash nearly as much as I did before Smashboards went down.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You know I've noticed the same thing. But for me, it's mostly because of school. And I feel like I haven't had anything interesting to add to the conversation. So I just kind of lurk, kind of like I do on the science boards on forums sites.

I attribute it to lack of drive. I don't really have a huge overwhelming urge to play Smash nearly as much as I did before Smashboards went down.
Well lately for me, I've been playing a lot more. Namely because I've practically created a new scene around me. so i actually have people to play with now!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Only if you don't know where to get them, silly. Or, you could just take a **** one apart and fix it up. it's what I've done with one of my now-good ones
Well, the one I have now is perfectly fine, but any aesthetic problems just kill me. My c-stick is missing a chunk because I have a problem with mice at home and my analog stick has black specks on the stick part. It's killing me. I don't know where to get parts.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Parts?
Son, Let me tell you about the joys of the nunchuck. you know the control stick on the nunchuck? fits perfectly onto a gamecube controller stick too.

Also, if you have a mouse problem, Set up some mice traps and give your kitchen a REAL clean. do it with your mum/dad and get that **** all cleaned. because Mice have no bladder control, which means they piss wherever the **** they're standing without any real thought process at all.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Parts?
Son, Let me tell you about the joys of the nunchuck. you know the control stick on the nunchuck? fits perfectly onto a gamecube controller stick too.

Also, if you have a mouse problem, Set up some mice traps and give your kitchen a REAL clean. do it with your mum/dad and get that **** all cleaned. because Mice have no bladder control, which means they piss wherever the **** they're standing without any real thought process at all.
Yummy. But I'd like to keep my nunchuks whole because... I have other games that my 4 siblings play with.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
...put the used GC stick in the nunchuk?

you didnt think this through did you lol
Well, the one I have now is perfectly fine, but any aesthetic problems just kill me.
Either way both sticks are messed up aesthetically.

Hey so tomorrow I'm entering a wifi tournament on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbroson...u_guys_are_awesome_the_rsmashbrosonline_wifi/). Gonna go all Ike and Marth. wish me luck!
Dude, I'm in it!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey Ike boards,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good Ike spacing?

Thanks guys!

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
The tournament is really just a way to kind of solidify r/smashbrosonline as a place for people to match up/ discuss online Brawl. If it's a success, maybe more legit/regular tournaments will start happening.

Dude, I'm in it!

Have you matched up much via the sub-reddit? I have used it a lot lately, since I just moved to South Bend, IN for grad school (away from all my friends who play, and away from civilization in general). I'm decisively better than all but one person (out of ~10) that I've matched up with there (****ing Olimar mains). That compares to me being better than maybe ~20% of people I match up with randomly with on AiB. But I see a lot of unfamiliar names on the list, and idk where else this was posted/advertised, so I hesitate to underestimate the competition.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got two days left to transfer to either Siren (Sen) or Adamtoise Blastoise where Meneil and Akashi are...

I'm super casual about this game given my lack of time to play it everyday. So unless you're not looking for those kinda players, only other reason would be to chat through the game.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
The tournament is really just a way to kind of solidify r/smashbrosonline as a place for people to match up/ discuss online Brawl. If it's a success, maybe more legit/regular tournaments will start happening.

Have you matched up much via the sub-reddit? I have used it a lot lately, since I just moved to South Bend, IN for grad school (away from all my friends who play, and away from civilization in general). I'm decisively better than all but one person (out of ~10) that I've matched up with there (****ing Olimar mains). That compares to me being better than maybe ~20% of people I match up with randomly with on AiB. But I see a lot of unfamiliar names on the list, and idk where else this was posted/advertised, so I hesitate to underestimate the competition.
I'll try to find you some precise examples this week-end :)

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
and prize money? Sen would never win any, ofc.
Said no one, after showing them those benjamins from previous 1v1's in other fighters & shooters.
@Bored: Eh, just go ahead and hit up Mene then. Don't think she has budged one bit on my offer either. So I guess i'll just make a secondary on her server, and plop in every now and then.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby

I was here for the longest time after joining the Skype chat but it was kinda already dead by then. This place got cut deep when the layout changed and finished off when Smashboards went down lol.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Hey Ike boards,

I'm participating in a teaching event here in SFL for new players coming into the scene. My team consists of a Wolf/MK, Ike, and another Wolf. For this week I want to focus on spacing moves; if I may ask, could you link me to the best videos showing good Ike spacing?

Thanks guys!
As far as spacing goes, look at any of G~P's videos on YouTube. That is, any tournaments he has entered. His spacing with Fair is the best of just about every Ike.

Nair spacing can be found in some old San videos. If I had links I'd definitely hook you up, but unfortunately I'm out of luck right now.

Primarily talk about spacing with Bair, Nair, and Fair. The Bair is the only part you should really have any issues with...

Also, Ed, when it comes to spacing wars, especially in Ike dittos when it gets to jabs, use Ftilt. The Ike boards doesn't have a lot of informational videos out there, unfortunately...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
As far as spacing goes, look at any of G~P's videos on YouTube. That is, any tournaments he has entered. His spacing with Fair is the best of just about every Ike.

Yeah! come check me out and my glory!

But anyway, jokes aside. I came 4th at my tournament and 2nd in doubles. I didnt play very well to be totally honest

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
But anyway, jokes aside. I came 4th at my tournament and 2nd in doubles. I didnt play very well to be totally honest

It takes time. I'm working on refining what I know with Ike and I'm giving my Metaknight a total face-lift. Just keep practicing.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It takes time. I'm working on refining what I know with Ike and I'm giving my Metaknight a total face-lift. Just keep practicing.
Thanks man, It helps that I know one of the things that I really have to work on anyways.

Speaking of which:
GAIZ, How do I improve my SDI? I've been paying attention and frankly I suck at it, I'm at a level gameplay-wise where it should be second nature by now, but I almost never sdi till its too late. what do i have to know and what do i have to practise in order to get it up to standard?

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
How do I improve my SDI?

I know I've got no room to be giving you advice, heavens knows how much longer you've been on here than me.

Since you use tilt stick it is super hard to SDI out of anything. The best slow-motion examples of when SDI is really useful are this and this. What I usually do, like when hit with Falco's jab or MK's jab, is tap the control stick repeatedly to move out of the way. Example: I got hit with Staryu's assist trophy when I was playing around on Classic mode today, and I tapped the up button as fast as I could so I could jump out and get to the platform.

Bottom line, take a look at the .gifs to get an idea of when it's really useful. Getting hit multiple times is when it gets tricky without Smashstick.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
So does the tilt stick do NOTHING for sdi at all? or is it just less than smash stick?

Imagine trying to use jab and all of your tilts using A and D-pad to get out of Falco's jab. That's basically what the Wii is reading as your input.

With tilt-stick, it's always best to use the D-pad to try and slowly tap your way out. That's the biggest hole with tiltstick other than the jump glitch.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ahh okay, that explains everything.
Okay then, at least now I know not to bother trying to use the Cstick for SDI anymore, thanks rolex

Top Bottom