• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike advanced teqniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

bang19

Smash Cadet
i know like none can anyone help me oput wit dis
i wanna learn at's so i can get better

•Col•

Smash Champion
He has none.

........... Ok, ok, so he has like 2. They're useless though.... >_>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
His first AT is... spelling. If you learn to spell, your Ike will magically grow wings and gain an ungimpable MK-ish recovery.

Okay, in all seriousness, he has no useful ATs. For Ike you really need to work on spacing first and foremost.

•Col•

Smash Champion
well i know he has som i seen vids i just dont know how 2 do um
Trust me, they're worthless... xD But if you REALLY want to know... -_-

The only two I can think of right now are...

1. Sliding Counter thingie - You shorthop, Quickdraw, then just push Counter as you're about to land. You'll slide a pretty far distance. Here's a vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsPAxwGCCI

2. Counter hitstun "Stun jacket" thingie.... Hard to explain... Go read this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6109460#post6109460

I know that's the Marth forums, but the AT works with Ike too....

...Just forget them, they're useless... -_- Just go read the guides or w/e and play people. Go to tournaments and play better people... That's the best and easiest way and probably fastest way to get good, especially with a character like Ike... And post some videos of yourself or something and we can just explain to you what you have to do to get better...

•Col•

Smash Champion
how could you forget DACIT? Its actually useful...
Oh yeah! That one is semi-useful if you fight someone like.... Diddy Kong and maybe ROB... I forgot it because it's kinda new and I was tired... <.<

Anyway, it stands for Dash Attack Cancel Item Toss. To do it, you have to be holding an iten, you dash, hit down on the cstick, up on the control stick, and the Z button all at the same time. If done correctly, Ike should slide about 3-4 the length of Final Destination, and you can use any attack except Aether, and I believe dsmash.

Too lazy busy to get video right now.

bang19

Smash Cadet
wat about sliding eruption i have seen it done in vids but i cant do it though

.Kiyo

Smash Cadet
...... You mean dashing then using Eruption.....? >_>

Yeah, that's not an AT.
What are you talking about? That's the biggest AT of them all! All jokes aside, I didn't even really focus on this idea at all and now that you talk about it... I should implement that more often for mind gaming.

bang19

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah! That one is semi-useful if you fight someone like.... Diddy Kong and maybe ROB... I forgot it because it's kinda new and I was tired... <.<

Anyway, it stands for Dash Attack Cancel Item Toss. To do it, you have to be holding an iten, you dash, hit down on the cstick, up on the control stick, and the Z button all at the same time. If done correctly, Ike should slide about 3-4 the length of Final Destination, and you can use any attack except Aether, and I believe dsmash.

Too lazy busy to get video right now.
i am tryna get that one down now i did it once
but u wanna brawl??

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
lol@ that dash counter AT
your opponent will most likely block anyway
unless its MK lol maybe

your pretty much dashing to your demise lol

metroid1117

Smash Master
i am tryna get that one down now i did it once
but u wanna brawl??
Please keep requests such as these limited to the Ike Finder Thread or to private messages (PMs).

@OP: Yeah, Ike doesn't have many advanced techniques at all; probably the only one worth learning is the Boost Toss or DACIT, which was described earlier.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wow... a quadruple post? Read the rules please...

Anyway, yeah, DACIT is useful, but that's really more of a general AT than an Ike one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom