• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you suck stop playing Ike, you make him look bad

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think people should master sheik before playing as Ike.

Why? Because it gets you fond of fast paced battles, so when you have a character that takes NO mistakes, you know the timing to nail your opponent.

And please do not make Ike highly used because he is noob-friendly, its disgusting. Move along to captain falcon, he needs help with popularity

Eddy01741

Smash Cadet
Ike isn't noob frendly for anything except for online FFAs. People THINK he is noob friendly, like some of my very casual SSBB player friends, but then I kick their butts with wolf (who I barely even play with). Ike is noob friendly at maybe the lowest level, spamming smash attacks, and nobody shields or dodges (so it's REALLY easy to land a fsmash), but after that, he's hard to master. I mean, more casual players don't even do a SH+Fair as an approach, much less a RAR+Bair, they just run up and do a dash attack as their "approach". N00b friendlies would be pit and meta knight really, they can play at an okay level with little skill.

Anyways, you really shouldn't be telling people what they should and should not do. Poeple can play whoever they want. I personally don't like the fact that in FFAs, Ike is by far the most used character, and most people just spam Fsmash in the FFAs, but its their decision to main Ike. I hope that people that play Ike try to take their game to the next level, instead of just spamming smashes.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I think people should master sheik before playing as Ike.

Why? Because it gets you fond of fast paced battles, so when you have a character that takes NO mistakes, you know the timing to nail your opponent.

And please do not make Ike highly used because he is noob-friendly, its disgusting. Move along to captain falcon, he needs help with popularity
when in the Hell was it cool for a scrub/noob to tell other noobs/ ppl not to play ike if they sucked.

IF ppl suck with ike... LET THEM SUCK... they will eventually get better by practice, and playing good ppl. you're the noob here, telling ppl to "master sheik" before playing ike.

lets see how good your ike is, catch me on AIM, for some matches.

Rabble2

Smash Rookie
people are just as likely to look at this post and say, "i should play as ike, they said hes noob friendly and i suck"

lol you arent the only one complaining about this, just freaking change your color if your that mad

and btw thats some good advice for sheik and captain falcon. Im getting the feeling that their unpopularity is due to a change in their timing from melee.

Renth

Smash Hero
Who do you think you are man?

Hahhaha I've been one of the best ganon mains in the world in melee and i've never said anything like that to anyone. What a prick when was it decided scrubs/noobs can say this ****!?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ike isn't noob frendly for anything except for online FFAs. People THINK he is noob friendly, like some of my very casual SSBB player friends, but then I kick their butts with wolf (who I barely even play with). Ike is noob friendly at maybe the lowest level, spamming smash attacks, and nobody shields or dodges (so it's REALLY easy to land a fsmash), but after that, he's hard to master. I mean, more casual players don't even do a SH+Fair as an approach, much less a RAR+Bair, they just run up and do a dash attack as their "approach". N00b friendlies would be pit and meta knight really, they can play at an okay level with little skill.
Uh... >_> Just so you know, Wolf can gimp any Ike player easily... His laser makes it almost impossible for Ike to approach him... D: I found this out the hard way last night. I tried at least 10 different ways of trying to approach my friend (he plays Wolf), and every time I ended up getting punished or he'd just roll away anytime I started to get close and repeated to laser me... I'm not trying to say you're not good at Brawl or anything, but there's no doubt in my mind that Wolf is one of the hardest match-ups for Ike...

But yeah, you're right... Ike isn't exactly n00b friendly... People just think he looks cool and so people try to play as him (and fail), not because he is easy to pick up. I don't consider myself to be a pro with Ike, but I'm definitely better than at least better than 70% of the other Ike players out there right now... D: However, it does make me upset that so many people play as him when they don't know how... I dunno... I do wish that a lot less people played as him...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Who do you think you are man?

Hahhaha I've been one of the best ganon mains in the world in melee and i've never said anything like that to anyone. What a prick when was it decided scrubs/noobs can say this ****!?
Congratulations, but I am a prick

Top Bottom