• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Give a Smasher a Muffin

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
To understand this conceit (extended metaphor) you have to understand a few key analogies.

Muffins = Dojo updates

We, Smashers, have gotten quite used to our morning muffins. Five times a week, we’re treated to muffins of a variety of flavors. Character muffins. Item muffins. Stage muffins. Sometimes, we wake up and fine several kinds of muffins all delivered to us at once: a virtual basket of multifarious treats. Yet, in this state so graciously supported by the Muffin Man himself, we have grown greedy. Though our muffins are delivered free of cost to our homes every morning, we complain and desire more. Some have expressed the desire for Full-motion-Video milk to accompany every muffin. Others have developed an addiction to a limited flavor of muffin like Character muffins.

For those of us who feel that the recent string of muffins have been a little stale, and unsatisfying, allow me to shed some light on the situation. We have done ourselves a great disservice, and I fear the Muffin Man’s kindness is to blame. About a month ago, the Muffin Man invited people to tour the Muffin Factory at a special event called Muffins-4-all. A limited number of us got the golden opportunity to attend. At this event, hundreds of previously unknown muffins were revealed to the world in such a short time, and we consumed them all. Now, when the Muffin Man sends us such muffins by morning, the magic and the appreciation is gone.

Perhaps the only thing that can remedy our predicament is when we shall inherit the Factory on February 10th. Then we’ll be able to eat all the muffins our stomaches and minds can hold.

Do you know the Muffin Man? He’s hard at work at the Muffin factory for our future.

In other words, for those who like to complain…. suck it up.

Feesh322

Smash Rookie
It's about time someone posted about that. I've thought the same thing with every new post in the morning...someone always whines, despite the fact we rightly shouldn't have any updates at all but for Sakurai's generosity.

This sort of daily-update system we have is simply unprecedented and unheard-of, yet people continue to complain about it. Like errant dogs, biting the hand that feeds them.

He could update to talk about the weather for all I care. He's making the Smash Bros. to end all Smashes, and that's good enough for me. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Muffin man...that sounds like a cereal rapist! :laugh: Too good...but why not pie=??? I love me some new character apple pies! Especially when they are blue and fast! :laugh:

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
haha nicee analogyyyy totally agree if u u had all good updates u would never appreciate the good updates u need the bad so the good updates r that much better. you know the whole yin and yan thing or whatever my s.s teacher was talking about lol

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
I enjoy any muffins at all, in comparison, Blizzard's frosting of the lich king muffins and muffin(with stim packs!) are sporadicly delivered and far-off(even though they taste great!).

In short, enjoy your getting any muffins at all, some people get nothing. And starve to death.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
Dis whole muffin thing is kinda wack I rather have doughnuts.....its in human nature 2 complain tho0 but I only go 1 thing 2 say FTW!!!

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Real cute. Muffin analogy works well... I think.

Sakurai's giving us updates every weekday. That alone is what we should be thankful for. When Brawl comes out, we'll be satisfied.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to eat something. kirbykid's muffin analogy made me hungry.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I like it. It's completely true.
I printed it out and I'm giving it to my friends who hate the updates. I also have one friend who likes muffins... I think I'll give it to her too. It'll make her happy.

kirbystar

Smash Rookie
Great analogy. I see all of these people complaining that they already knew some update from Muffins-4-All. Not only would not updating be a disservice to the more casual people who don't hunt for info, people would probably complain that there was no update.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad somebody has made a thread about this and especially with a awesome muffin/give a mouse a cookie analogy!

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Same thread as another one basically but! I still applaud it.
Maybe a good muffin analogy is indeed needed to get through to people.
Muffins are good btw... Yeah...

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Huh.......

So now I know the muffin man, who lives on drury lane...... turns out it's Sakurai.

But yes I love muffins.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Great analogy.

Is it me or does the Muffin Man sound like the name of a future upcoming crappy slasher movie.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Haha, cute little analogy, but the point you make is valid and I agree completely. Jonathan Swift would be proud. ;)

ragda

Smash Rookie
EPIC ANALOGY!

I love muffins! I love muffins with ketchup too! :chuckle:

Some more milk please, jk. :)

Savingforever

Smash Cadet
i like the post... i also argree.. somtimes i think they shouldn't even have the updates about brawl... so that when we get the game then everything will be a surprise... but on the other hand i still love the updates :)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
With Nintendo's new demo channel out for the Wii, how many people would stop checking the updates if they gave us the E4ALL demo of supersmash bros. brawl? Or posting for that matter, tournament checking excluded?

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
lol muffins...but hey hes right....we're getting too greedy about the updates we get.....i mean.....at least hes giving us updates....unlike some of the others that hardly give out anything....so be grateful of with what you get no matter what the update

(cupcakes are better than muffins!!!!)

Wuth

Smash Rookie
Ugh...

I wish the blog would stop with the finger wagging posts. It's a little unprofessional and is completely off base. This is the second time you guys have addressed the whiners, but I can't see why you don't just let them whine in peace. You aren't so special that you get to use your status to deliver wrist slapping, this is just stirring up more drama. So why not stick to covering updates and talking about Brawl in general and leave your ego at the door. I didn't mind the post as a whole (though it's a little pointless) until you directly confronted the complainers. They have a right to complain, so just step off and continue on your way if you don't like it.

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
I wish the blog would stop with the finger wagging posts. It's a little unprofessional and is completely off base. This is the second time you guys have addressed the whiners, but I can't see why you don't just let them whine in peace. You aren't so special that you get to use your status to deliver wrist slapping, this is just stirring up more drama. So why not stick to covering updates and talking about Brawl in general and leave your ego at the door. I didn't mind the post as a whole (though it's a little pointless) until you directly confronted the complainers. They have a right to complain, so just step off and continue on your way if you don't like it.
But onthe flipside of that coin we also have a right to complain about they're whining .

Top Bottom