• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change a Final Smash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
:4peach:Peach:4peach:
- Empress Peach (Super Mario Strikers Charged): Peach gracefully backflips a few times, sprouts wings, glows a neon pink and kicks an opponent directly off the stage. Kind of like Marth and Lucina's FS, but if anyone is hit by the opponent that was kicked, it will result in collateral death
- Rage: Peach throws a temper tantrum and is engulfed by a huge flame. During this, she gains a HUGE damage and knockback buff, such as her double slap giving 15%-19% damage per. Any moves with hearts now become explosions (kinda like how Peach bomber was originally, U-tilt is now an explosion as well, Uair is a fiery trail instead of a rainbow). Only downside is that Peach is extremely slow, making it easy to run away. When the final smash ends, the fire around her explodes hurting anyone around her. She cannot be damaged as the fire protects her and will hurt and trap anyone near her. If any items are nearby her, they will disintegrate. For her 3 other specials, Toad will release spores on arrival now, and double of what he usually gives, her parasol has an explosion on the final hit, and her vegetables are now bob-ombs. Lasts 10 seconds. Because she moves slowly, the recovery on all her moves are much slower too. If specials are used at all, it'll most likely be the only two being done in those 10 seconds

:4jigglypuff:Jigglypuff:4jigglypuff:
- Moonblast: While she can't actually learn that move, Jigglypuff twirls her stubby little hands and forms a huge energy ball from her Fairy powers. The ball is about the size as Pikachu's Volt Tackle and once it hits an opponent, it rapidly hits them while decreasing in size until it explodes, then sends the opponent flying.
- Take the Stage: Referencing to Jigglypuff's anime appearance Jigglypuff will grab her microphone and Sing, opponents who fall asleep are then grafiti'd on, Jigglypuff shows them a mirror once she wakes them up and the victims fly from the stage in shock that their face has been drawn on

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Bring back the Big Gay Dance plz
If I have to choose something with foundation in the source material, maybe have Dark Matter go in and wreck **** with KD3's body. Though I doubt that'll happen. You had to collect plot tickets in Dreamland 2 to see him being visibly possessed for a reason, you know.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
> :4bowser:
Description: (This move is based off of a move from "Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story." Bowser sucks his opponents into his body. Then, the fighters are attacked by the creatures inside of him. He will shoot (or spit, whatever) them out afterwards.)

mario-luigi-bowsers-inside-story_01.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> :4bowserjr:(:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:)
Description: (The airship. Similar to ZSS and Snake's final smash, the Koopa Kid would fly his airship to the front of the stage and aim to fire cannon balls at other fighters.)

nsmb-u-koopalings.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> :4tlink:

Ballad of Gales: (This move is based off a wind waker song from "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker." Toon Link would first conduct the Ballad of Gales. Next, a giant whirlwind would appear near Toon Link. Any fighters nearby would get sucked into the whirlwind and wouldn't be able to escape. Finally, while the fighters are trapped inside, the whirlwind would shot sky-high before coming back down, crashing into the stage. Upon impact, the whirlwind would deteriorate and the fighters would get launched.)

250px-Ballad_of_Gales_Cyclone.png

I'll type in more ideas on a future post. Turns out you could only post up to three files on an individual post :(

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Sheik: Vanishes behind the opponent with fiber wire and chokes them out.

Toon Link: Four Swords Link's pummel the opponent at once.

Samus: Power Bomb explodes, or Hyper Beam from the Prime series.

Pit: Should have remained the way it was in Brawl for NES sake.

Kirby: Crash Kirby ability which blew up everybody.

Meta Knight: An actual Mach Tornado like in Kirby Super Star, which would suck up the opponent and throw them upward into the blastzone.

Little Mac: "I could've been a contender!" An actual Punch-Out! style would have been cool.

Fox/Falco: One of them in an Arwing. Probably Falco, since he "prefers the air".

Duck Hunt: Something similar to the old NES game, or if you want another idea of what that would be like, Snake's Final Smash in Brawl, except with bullets or lasers.

Ness: PSI Rockin'. There is still no reason for him not having this as a Final Smash.

Wii Fit Trainer: Takes the opponent and throws them like a bowling ball or something.

Dr. Mario: Pills fall on the opponent in a Tetris fashion, like in Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Since Rosalina represents the Galaxy games, i'd have preferred if she did something with either her Observatory or the Blackholes that kill you. Should the Blackhole idea happen, i'd change Palutena's FS to Pit's Brawl one.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
Pit. Great Sacred Treasure. Why is it not a thing in Smash?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pit. Great Sacred Treasure. Why is it not a thing in Smash?
Because they're hopefully saving the Mecha Final Smash for Snake's return.
Or a Xenoblade character.
But preferably Snake.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
:4mario:: Why U No Use Spiny Shell?! Seriously though, Mario Finale needs to go.
:4pikachu:: Volt Tackle needs to go bye bye too.
:4peach:: Something with the vibes. Anything.
:4mewtwo:: I would LOVE to see the storm he made in the first movie as his Final Smash.
:4dedede:: The dance was way better.
:4lucario:: We have enough transformation FSs. Aura Storm again pls.
:4charizard:: Hey, maybe we could give him Mario Finale!
:4falco:: I prefer the Arwing.
:4littlemac:: Anything but Giga Mac, please!
:4ness:: PK Rockin'. Nuff said.
:4pit:: Bring back Palutena's Army. With Palutena back in the background.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Bowser: Same, but instead Kamek uses magic to turn him into Giga Bowser like in NSMB.
See, that's nice. Little details like that can make all the difference.

Add a summoned thunderbolt to Link's FS and it suddenly makes sense as something from the series; add a phazon corruption animation to Samus's FS and it suddenly makes sense as something from the series...

Ness's fully charged bat needs to go SMAAAAASH!! too.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Lucas:
Lucas pulls a needle from the ground. The screen goes black. Then the screen shows volcanoes erupting, and earthquakes and stuff. The match ends. The winner is not shown, the game just goes back to the title screen. The player gets confused and posts some theories about what happenned on Tv Tropes.

D

Deleted member

Lucas:
Lucas pulls a needle from the ground. The screen goes black. Then the screen shows volcanoes erupting, and earthquakes and stuff. The match ends. The winner is not shown, the game just goes back to the title screen. The player gets confused and posts some theories about what happenned on Tv Tropes.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I think most of the FSes are fine... some aren't the best, but they work well enough. But some of them could use a change:

:4peach: - hers is just awful. It at least needs to be tweaked
:rosalina:- hers could use a change as well
:4dk: - so could his
:4littlemac: - and his
:4jigglypuff: - and.. this one

I also wouldn't mind new FSes for :4falco::4sheik:and (I'm guessing) :4lucas:

I like the new smashes for :4dedede::4luigi::4rob: and :4kirby:. I don't know why some people seem to prefer the old ones.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
:4falco: - Obvious Arwing usage is obvious.
:4jigglypuff: - A variation of Peach's final smash where she would sing and everyone be put to sleep.
:4peach: - Empress Peach from Mario Strikers
:rosalina: - Slamming the Comet Observatory into the stage.
:4dk: - ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE BONGO DRUMS
:4sheik: - Her Hyrule Warriors musou attack
:4tlink: - Ballad of Gales
:4pikachu: - Still be Volt Tackle, but make it one that requires a startup hit and make it look more like the show version
:4dedede: - Big gay dance plz

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
:4lucario:- Bring Brawls Final Smash back, and have give him the ability to Mega Evolve after reaching 100% damage.
:4falco:- His Arwing drops him off for battle... if he prefers the air, shouldn't it pick him back up for a Final Smash?
:4mario:- Nintendo's mascot gets a standard, under-powered projectile that has nothing to do with his games? That's what they did with Wii Fit Trainer except hers is more powerful... C'mon, there's a lot to work with here.
:4drmario:- A Dr. Mario minigame. You control a series of pills the same way you do in Dr. Mario and attempt to smash fighters with them as you drop them.
:4bowser:- Giga Bowser was invented for Smash Bros, and I think Bowser's Final Smash should be from a Mario game.
:4tlink:- It is my opinion that no two fighters should have the same Final Smash. How about a wind storm that starts blowing around explosive barrels, bombs, & other things... I dunno, just make it different.
:4sheik:- This would require some creativity on the creators part... but considering Sheik's entire moveset was pretty much made out of nothing, I'm sure they could think of something. It needs to be different, especially since Dark Pit has a worse version of the same Final Smash that Zelda & Sheik share...

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
You know, now that I think about it, I think we're all misinterpreting what :4falco:is trying to say. He's known for being kind of a **** and sarcastic in the Star Fox series, and his quote: "Personally, I prefer the air" is perhaps just trying to reflect that part of his personality. That isn't saying he shouldn't have a different Final Smash, lest we forget he had the best Arwing skills in Star Fox: Assult and rather poor Landmaster skills.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
You know, now that I think about it, I think we're all misinterpreting what :4falco:is trying to say. He's known for being kind of a **** and sarcastic in the Star Fox series, and his quote: "Personally, I prefer the air" is perhaps just trying to reflect that part of his personality. That isn't saying he shouldn't have a different Final Smash, lest we forget he had the best Arwing skills in Star Fox: Assult and rather poor Landmaster skills.
To be fair, Falco is a pheasant; they aren't exactly known for extremely good flight like, say, a falcon. :p

It could also be that he simply prefers the high speed and agility of the Arwing over the sluggish raw power of the Landmaster. He's saying "While I'd rather use an Arwing, I guess I'll just take the Landmaster and use that to defeat you.", essentially.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd like to change Kirby's Final Smash back to Cook Kirby and Dedede's back to Waddle Dee Army. I really didn't like their new ones and felt the old ones were much more fun.

I'd also change Little Mac's one from the Giga Bower/Warioman transformation it is. Personally, I'd like it to have him come in from the foreground (in wireframe form for more visibility) and attack players on the screen Punch Out style. The A Button would make him punch with his right hand and the B Button with his left and the player can aim for low, mid or high with the control stick.

D

Deleted member

Everyone knows this is more important than whatever he has now

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
I'll go ahead and drop some ideas:

:4dedede:
Masked Dedede Combo
A more tweaked version of his current FS where after he sucks an opponent he puts on his Masked DDD mask and his hammer starts cracking electricity and transforms into an upgraded version, he then does various hammer attacks with electric effects, follows it up with a spin attack and then throws a bomb.

:4diddy:
Double Trouble
Dixie Kong appears from behind Diddy and lunges forward, if an opponent is hit, Diddy and Dixie do a barrage of moves as they finish the opponent with an attack of both Diddy's Peanut Popgun and Dixie's Bubblegum Popgun

:4drmario:
A Doctor's Work
Dr. Mario jumps out of the battlefield and then falls the direction facing the camera, opponents are then paralized and a HUD appears with the Doc in the side, Pills then fall onto opponents and do damage, if the pil corresponds to the opponents color it does DOUBLE damage!

:4jigglypuff:
Big Stage
A big stage appears behind JPuff, he then hops into it and starts singing with a microphone, making everybody sleep, JPuff then will get mad and draw on the faces of all the opponents then do a great leap to the camera and doodle in the face of the camera, making the screen black as pound sounds and JPuff SFX play, the marker then goes away and opponents are launched away.

Can't think of more now tho.

axelalexzander

Smash Cadet
I want Dedede's big gay dance back!

And I want to change any final smash that has a short range, even if it means vastly reducing damage. I don't think a final smash should ever be a complete wiff. Nothing is worse than getting that final smash and wiffing.

Last edited:

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
I want Little Mac's Final Smash to convert the stage to be a completely flat walk off

> w >

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Gotta agree with most of the Toon Link final smash idea's here.

I honestly felt he could've a few moves changed from him to make it feel like he's from his own timeline than Link from Brawl to Sm4sh but it's just an opinion of mine.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:4dedede:: I miss his gay ass dance from Brawl.
:4duckhunt:: I like the idea that his final smash should've been something like :snake:and :4zss: with that NES Zapper. I still like the one he currently has though.
:4falco:: This one is pretty obvious since he "prefers the air"
:4lucina:: Should've been something like performing the Awakening while her fellow child units attack the fighters one by one before she delivers the finishing blow.
:4mario:: Anything other than the Mario Finale, really. Same goes for :4drmario:.
:4robinm:/:4robinf:: Actually, the final smash he/she has is perfectly fine, except Chrom should've said a different line before the finishing blow instead of "We're not done yet!" I feel like it should've been "Your end has come!"
:rosalina:: Should've been something like riding on the Comet Observatory and slamming onto the stage like :4olimar:.
:4sheik:: Something to fit in with her crazy ninja moves.
:4shulk:: Like Robin, his final smash is just fine, except they should've put Reyn in it instead of Riki.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4dedede: - While his final smash is fine and all, Masked DeDeDe would have been 10 times cooler. And it would have been a nice reference.
:4falco: - If you prefer the air, go in the air. You have an arwing. Use it.
:4metaknight: - We know he was created as an "edgy counterpart to Kirby", but if he could use stuff like the big tornado in Kirby Superstar Ultra, it would make a lot more sense than the "I give a hit in the dark with my knife that I call a sword in this game.".
:4mii: - For each of them, it would have been nice to choose a final smash like other custom moves. It would have add a lot more to them, heck, to other characters.
:4peach: - If this final smash could actually do something other than healing yourself, it would have been better. Just add a final smash from Super Princess Peach, it would be better.

:4bowserjr: Airship
:4dedede: Masked Dedede
:4dk: The one from SSF2
:4falco: Arwing
:4jigglypuff: Hyper Voice
:4mario: Fire Mario
:4metaknight: Big tornado from KSSU
:4peach::rosalina: Something that isn't useless
:4tlink: Ballad of Gales

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
:4falco:- What everyone else said.

:rosalina:- Anything would have been better than she has now. *SPOILERS FOR GAME THAT IS 8 YEARS OLD* Maybe have it like the end of Mario Galaxy where all the Lumas gather to stop the black hole.

:4pikachu:- I would have preferred an actual "tackle" instead of what he has now.

:4sheik:- I don't know what to change it to, but the bow and arrow looks so out of place.

:4tlink:- They could have done a lot of creative things with this one, but they chose to just make a copy Final Smash. He gets a lot of cool stuff in Wind Waker that regular Link doesn't, like the Skull Hammer for example.

:4dk:- I'm okay with the idea, but I wish it wasn't so useless.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I hope :4lucas:doesn't have the same final smash as :4ness:, give him something that could be a reference to Mother 3.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
:4falco: should have the Ultra Smash Zero Suit Samus has

:4duckhunt:should also have the Smash from Zero Suit Samus

:4zss:should not have her annoying Ultra Smash - but I don't have a better idea for her @.@
Maybe the one of Mewtwo? She gets her Suit, fires and the Suit instantly breaks again?

:4zelda:/:4sheik: please not both of them the same item oO

:4dedede:s Brawl Ultra Smash was way cooler.

:4mewtwo:s Ultra Smash is really cool. They overdid it a bit with another mega evolution imo... but if I had programmed it, I would made it more like Kirbies Brawl-Ultra Smash... psychokinesis should hit everybody xD... or maybe like Tabuh's signature-3-circle-attack... you know what I mean ;)

I also don't like the US of :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

:4dk:... simply: Why this again? Everybody dodges to the rythem... thats it oO

I liked the Brawl-illustration of :4peach:s US more than the new ones. Also: Why doesn't :4jigglypuff: do this, too? Jigglypuffs US is quite cool... but it is sooooo bad xD

:4lucario: should also have his Ultra Smash from Brawl

:4wario2:... take away his bike and give him a ram-attack for his side-B. As US he should call that djinn from Wario Land 1 (even though I like Wario-Man)

For all other characters I can't complain ;)

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
For Lucas, I would be overjoyed if, since the combo battle system has only been done in Mother 3, if he had a unique final smash that involved him whisking his opponents into one of the games many groovy battle backdrops, and starts pummeling his opponents senseless in time to the music, music notes surrounding your foes with each beat (could be an automated scene if it lands, no button presses necessarily), finishing after 16 hits with a finishing blow, the audience cheering like in the game.

...That, or they will just go the copy and paste route and use Ness's. But I'm okay with that, too. :)

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Ike, Marth, and Lucina have cool Final Smashes, but then I witness Robin's Final Smash, I just wonder...

why not me.

I think Robin's Final Smash concept should be the standard for all Fire Emblem characters (well maybe aside from Marth since he's the poster boy and the classic critical hit makes sense), but what about Ike? Ike's Great Aether is neat, but having someone like Soren or Mia join in would be cool too. I do dislike the idea of "summoning" or "inviting" someone as a Final Smash as it doesn't really glorify the main character in question, but Fire Emblem as a series has the player commanding an army; having Fire Emblem characters have Final Smashes involving their companions would at least tease this idea.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4metaknight:- Pulls out a brawl tier list, and gains Brawl stats.:demon:
:4littlemac:- Eats Doc Louis's chocolate bar, causing Doc to pop up on screen and to go on a rampage.
:039:- She uses her microphone while singing to increase the radius, and pulls out the marker to draw on the opponents face.
:4dedede:- Masked DeDeDe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom