• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
strange...ive heared of mario rpg before but never knew geno existed until i came to the forums
...are you serious... youre kidding right ?? how old are you?

It was THE snes game, everyone who knew about the snes knew about the game... after mario world of course.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Trivia: "The original Paper Mario the Nintendo 64 was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2, but tensions were high between Square-soft and Nintendo at the time (Mostly because of Square's sudden support for Sony) it was in development. Causing the alleged title Super Mario RPG 2 to fall. Which gave Nintendo the opportunity to make their own RPG from ground up. And that is when the now popular Paper Mario series came in".

Well you can defiently give credit to Geno for something popular. I wonder if Geno would have appeared in SMRPG2 if it happened >_>

EDIT: Oh and SMRPG didn't get much sales only because Super Mario 64 & the Nintendo 64 was out soon by the time. So Nintendo geeks rejected their SNES to wait for the newer console at the time.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Definently would have, and if it weren't for Square Enix suddenly switching off, I can bet he'd be alot more popular nowadays.

Mallow's cool, the one who wishes he was a tadpole :p, I wish he could be in Brawl too, but I know it's not going to happen. (HIGHLY doubt we're going to get two reps)

Geno's way too cool for Mallow. He needs to be in, all his buddies from SMRPG besides Mallow are in Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Trivia: "The original Paper Mario the Nintendo 64 was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2, but tensions were high between Square-soft and Nintendo at the time (Mostly because of Square's sudden support for Sony) it was in development. Causing the alleged title Super Mario RPG 2 to fall. Which gave Nintendo the opportunity to make their own RPG from ground up. And that is when the now popular Paper Mario series came in".

Well you can defiently give credit to Geno for something popular. I wonder if Geno would have appeared in SMRPG2 if it happened >_>

EDIT: Oh and SMRPG didn't get much sales only because Super Mario 64 & the Nintendo 64 was out soon by the time. So Nintendo geeks rejected their SNES to wait for the newer console at the time.
Quoting for more people to see.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Square-Soft made a big time mistake switching from Nintendo to Sony.

Years down the road, the Wii's are now killing PS3's by a good 7 million sales.

GG Square-Enix.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But more people were interested in the new game and it's graphics. Remember that back then, the N64 had state-of-the-art graphics in people's eyes. Even though SMRPG had fairly good graphics for a SNES game, it was tossed away like Sunday's salad when SM64 came along.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I personally loved Paper mario (all three).

Also I like the wii better than the ps3, but ps3 sold less because of it's rediculous price. It's still pretty rediculous in pricing, although the graphics are a.maz.ing.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I can understand what they were thinking.
"Why settle for Super Mario Sunshine when you can get Super Mario Galaxy?" - That kind of mentality.
Nonetheless, it's still worth a try out, I find myself still playing the SMRPG from time to time, and it's still a fun game. Has the basis for pretty much all Mario RPGs you see nowadays.

what was a freakin reply to the quote above that MarioSonic posted!
I don't care who you replied to, you haven't played the SMRPG yet your claiming things are better than it. And you've just stated your a Geno hater. I see a connection abridging.

EDIT -
My thoughts on the console wars:
PS3 - Greatest graphics
Wii - Best gameplay
Xbox - Best online experience

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Seemed is the key word.
Ever heard the term, "Don't judge a book by it's cover"?

Anyway, I'm done here. Carry on. WE NEED MORE GENO VOTES. :p

Machspeed

Smash Lord
You judged it by its gameplay but you never played the game. LOL GG.

Off to sleep. And looks like Mewtwo is Sonic's next victim. :/

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
RESULTS:

And with that, the Elite 8 is finished. Our four finalists are Mario, Ridley, Sonic, and Mewtwo.

Geno has been eliminated.

Please wait for the next round to begin.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Why do you make it sound like anyone who doesn't like ridley is a fanboy of the other character :\..

I like Mario more than Ridley. But it doesn't mean I'm a fan boy. (I never even voted Mario once in this competition, but I am this round).

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
ROUND 5
THE FINAL FOUR
NOW OPEN!

Well guys, its been a long road, but we have finally decided on our Final Four. Mario, Ridley, Sonic, and Mewtwo stand tall, leaving 60 others in the dust. But its not over yet. There's still a championship to win.

We start now with the first of two epic battles, Mario vs. Ridley. The winner gets a shot at the title, while the loser feels the agony of getting so close. It's time to decide. Prepare yourself.

I vote for Mario.

Let the battle begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom