• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
You are in a room that contains only a yo-yo. The string on the yo-yo is two feet long. The body of the yo-yo weighs 6 ounces. How can you make yourself sleep with only the yo-yo? It's not hypnosis, since it isn't sleep, and it's not choking yourself, since the string would break.
The answer is:
Do an around-the-world trick
with
the yo-yo once every five minutes for 72 hours.
The
reason you have
to
do a trick is that there isn't a real
word
for just sort of bobbing the yo-yo normally

Zevox

Smash Lord
You should read what you write before you post.
I do, many times over. Now, if only others would do the same.

Aguasatori said:
Dragons are not special because they are so common nowadays. You practically said it yourself.
The reverse, actually: they are commonly used because they are special. People like Dragons, hence they see a lot of use in popular mediums. Things don't need to be uber-original only-used-once ideas to be special.

Aguasatori said:
And if they were so "unusual and popular", Ridley would have been confirmed for Melee, not Brawl.
Melee was a rushed game made in less than a year to ensure it was launched at the same time as the Gamecube. We're lucky we got as many characters as we did in that. There was no way they could make a complex character like Ridley in addition to everybody else in the little time they had.

Zevox

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
I do, many times over. Now, if only others would do the same.

The reverse, actually: they are commonly used because they are special. People like Dragons, hence they see a lot of use in popular mediums. Things don't need to be uber-original only-used-once ideas to be special.

Melee was a rushed game made in less than a year to ensure it was launched at the same time as the Gamecube. We're lucky we got as many characters as we did in that. There was no way they could make a complex character like Ridley in addition to everybody else in the little time they had.

Zevox
Nowadays, things DO have to be orginal to be special. Look at Halo and other innovative games. And new things would have to be brought to old school things like Mario to make it rock again.

*coughMarioGalaxycough*

You are partially right, though. Dragons are used a lot because they are liked, but new things would have to be done to games with dragons to keep people's interest because it has been done so many times before.

But look at Ridley: Plasma and different forms. And being resurrected numerous times.

Like that's never been done before.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Nowadays, things DO have to be orginal to be special. Look at Halo and other innovative games. And new things would have to be brought to old school things like Mario to make it rock again.

*coughMarioGalaxycough*

You are partially right, though. Dragons are used a lot because they are liked, but new things would have to be done to games with dragons to keep people's interest because it has been done so many times before.

But look at Ridley: Plasma and different forms. And being resurrected numerous times.

Like that's never been done before.
Does it matter? What does Pokemon Trainer do? Nothing. Oh wow. The champion of Pokeymon. Whoop de doo.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I hopt ur not trting to vote again, now. ;)
I noticed that too. lol

I don't know anyhting about Metriod or Reidley or anyhting, but is there anything about Ridley's character that makes only HIS fans spam the forums, hate on every other character, try to cheat on a forum game, etc?

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that too. lol

I don't know anyhting about Metriod or Reidley or anyhting, but is there anything about Ridley's character that makes only HIS fans spam the forums, hate on every other character, try to cheat on a forum game, etc?
You=Win

Yeah, Ridley fans can be ***holes. But so can other fans....

Just not as often.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Already Voted.

Ridley please.
Only Once!

Stop!!!

I noticed that too. lol
Thank you!

Ridley fans, just cause PT is gunna win doesnt mean you can try to cheat by voting twice. He keeps track! I Think all People who, clearly, try to vote twice should end up in a demote of a point.

Yeah, Ridley fans can be ***holes. But so can other fans....

Just not as often.
Lol. Awesome.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
lol i just like the character ridley better then PT myself but i think he shouldnt be a char non offense to anyone i just think he would make an awesome AT =]

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
CURRENT STANDINGS:

The Elite 8 - Division 2

1st - Pokemon Trainer [40 votes]

2nd - Ridley [38 votes]

Stop trying to vote twice. If it starts to become a problem, I'll just take away both your votes. I obviously check your previous posts to see if you've voted yet.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm a Ridley fan. I don't go spamming the forums and hating on other characters. Please dont generalise.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
I'm a Ridley fan. I don't go spamming the forums and hating on other characters. Please dont generalise.
yep i dont have a problem with Ridley fans except for the ones that go off in here and the ones the always come to the Krystal for brawl thread and SPAM and FLAME.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
nope Geno fans are worse!
Really? I haven't gone into the Geno thread.

I guess I'm prejudiced against Ridley fans because I've dealt with their attitude problems.

@ ~N9NE~

If you don't spam and flame, then you aren't a true Ridley fan lol

I wasn't saying all ridley fans do that, but I was saying nearly all the people that do that ARE Ridley fans.
What you mean like Alpha noob? And Aguasatori?

I guess I'm prejudiced against Ridley fans because I've dealt with their attitude problems.

@ ~N9NE~

1. Yhea we have the attitude problem. Jerk.

2. Lol if you don't spam and make random comments against other characters fan bases you arnt a Bomberman fan.

What would you know anyway?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I wasn't saying all ridley fans do that, but I was saying nearly all the people that do that ARE Ridley fans.
Your earlier post seemed that you were suggesting that all Ridley fans were like that.

yep i dont have a problem with Ridley fans except for the ones that go off in here and the ones the always come to the Krystal for brawl thread and SPAM and FLAME.
Ignore them.

Sorry, but we kinda have to. We cant just not generalise because of the 1 or 2 well behaved fans. :psycho:
But you my friend, get my respects.
No you don't have to generalise. Generalising is just being naive.

@ ~N9NE~

I hope that's a joke. The 'lol' would indicate that.

Anyway enough discussion about Ridley fans. Let us allow the voting to continue so Flying Shooster can count the votes easier.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Nowadays, things DO have to be orginal to be special.
I absolutely disagree. Things which are original can just as easily be bad as they can be good. Original != special, original just = new.

Aguasatori said:
Look at Halo and other innovative games.
Halo? Innovative? Laughable. Save for that shield system (which was innovative for all of one game, and not that big of a deal even then), its a generic FPS.

Aguasatori said:
And new things would have to be brought to old school things like Mario to make it rock again.

*coughMarioGalaxycough*
*blinks* Mario Galaxy brought very little new to the series. The spinning launchers were about it. Its a great game because its very, very fun, like nearly all Mario games. Hell, Mario Sunshine brought as much or more new to the series as did Galaxy in the form of FLUDD, Bowser Jr, and the paintbrush, but that doesn't make it the better game.

Aguasatori said:
You keep telling yourself that, and watch as people continue to flock to books, movies, and games which feature those creatures. Dragons haven't lost their appeal over the millenniums they've been in existence in the human imagination, they're not suddenly going to do so now.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm thinking the Krystal thread is starting to become deserving of flames and spam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom