• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
#7 is from Rowsdower at braingle

This teaser is based on a weird but true story from a few years ago.

A complaint was received by the president of a major car company:

"This is the fourth time I have written you, and I don't blame you for not answering me because I must sound crazy, but it is a
fact that we have a tradition in our family of having ice cream for dessert after dinner each night. Every night after we've eaten, the family votes on which flavor of ice cream we should have and I drive down to the store to get it. I recently purchased a new Pantsmobile from your company and since then my trips to the store have created a problem. You see, every time I buy vanilla ice cream my car won't
start. If I get any other kind of ice cream the car starts just fine. I want you to know I'm serious about this question, no matter
how silly it sounds: 'What is there about a Pantsmobile that makes it not start when I get vanilla ice cream, and easy to start whenever I get any other kind?'"

The Pantsmobile company President was understandably skeptical about the letter, but he sent an engineer to check it out anyway. He had arranged to meet the man just after dinner time, so the two hopped into the car and drove to the grocery store. The man bought vanilla ice cream that night and, sure enough, after they came back to the car it wouldn't start for several minutes.

The engineer returned for three more nights. The first night, the man got chocolate. The car started right away. The second night, he got strawberry and again the car started right up. The third night he bought vanilla and the car failed to start.

There was a logical reason why the man's car wouldn't start when he bought vanilla ice cream. What was it?

8. Barney wins many races, because he is always the fastest runner out on the track. However, every time that he wins, the cash prize and trophy go to someone else. Why is it so?

9. A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of £50 notes out of his wallet.
He turns to the rich man and says to him,
"I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed."
The rich man laughs.
The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it."
The rich man laughs again and says, "Ok how about my daughters name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller."
The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
100 on Falco.

**** I hate you right now. Your choice of chars.....grr.

Card, banner is still in progress, will be done soon.

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
7. The car had a problem with starting because vanilla ice cream lets out an invisible gas that interferes with the engines petrol fumes that start the car.

8. Barney wins races on the track but the prize goes to whoever wins the competition the trophy is actually for. (Swimming for example)

9. The man sung a song called "Joanna Armstrong Miller."

TADA! I actually think number 8 is right.

Heres my question (not maths related)

10. When you're swimming through the desert and your flying carpet gets a flat tire, how many blueberry pancakes does it take to fix the octagon in the ceiling?

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
I think the answer to number 10 is NO! lol

7. that a long one, but i think the answer is that the vanilla ice cream weighs more than normal flavoured ice cream.........thats a tricky one....
9. I have to agree, the man sung a song called Joanna Armstong Miller.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
HINTS for numbers 7,8,9

okay, no one answered any of 7-9 completely correct, though they were good attempts. I'll help a little...

7. Think about how a store might shelve different products according to popularity and how this would affect the trip through the store.
8. there really is no good clue that I can give, but it is not so much a trick question. Just think laterally. 220 was thinking on the correct line, but there is a much better explanation. In swimming, I believe that the racer does get the prize, unless he or she is part of a team. Each individual would still get a fairly large share of the prize, though. I'm talking about a racer who gets hardly any of the prize, with someone else getting most of it.
9. the man said that he could sing a genuine song with any girl's name in it. He can't possibly have memorized so many songs, so he probably sings the same song for each name, but just substitutes the selection into the song.
:crazy:

1-X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
musokid89
220 was thinking on the correct line
What I mean is this ...

Barney is the fastest runner on the track but the trophy and cash prize is not for athletics. He runs fastest yet the best swimmer (for example) takes home the swimming trophy. Am i right? :(

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
You're not cool because only stephen hawking uses big words. And he's a creepy cyborg.

I'm cool because I watch ****** bob (he's cool too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom