• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
lol this is completely different from the eliminator...or at least I think. I'll try to even out some of the divisions later on when I get out of class, I want it too work well too :) and i''ll think about how long voting should be while I day dream in english....I'll come up with something.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be kind of unfair.

Maybe he will hold some sort of vote tallying towards the end. The one to receive the least amount is eliminated.

Once we get to last rounds it will just become a race as to who can get their character saved first.
I haven't decided yet, but I was thinking of doing something a little more interesting...but I might be just sticking with the way the current game is played.

Oh and approximately 3 hours left until round 11.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
ok i'm back. I think I'll wait until tonight, and if there haven't been a good amount of votes than I'll making voting for each division go on for two days. it would actually be much easier to do that, but the battle would go on for quite a long time..

and I realize a bunch of the divisions seem to be uneven, but the way I see it is that I can't make every single person happy with how I set it up. I'm actually rearranging a few characters right now to address a few complaints, so maybe that'll help.

Update: I swapped around a few characters in the later divisions to even it out a bit more. If you still see any major concerns, than let me know :)

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Current Standings:

Division 1

1st - Mario [10 votes]

2nd - Issac [8 votes]

3rd - Lucas [2 votes]

4th - Animal Crossing Villager [1 vote]

And just to make it clear, two winners will advance from each division, and they will take on the winners from the following division.
So for an example, lets say Mario and Issac win division 1.. they would then face the two winners from division 2 in the next round.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
*Smashboards CHARACTER BATTLE!* is such a freakin rip off of this, and it aint any good, compared to this... its alright. Yes but Dragonblood, Limit hasn't voted at all so he should deserve it but the other option could work but we know then one character will shoot right up ahead.
well thanks a lot. I wasn't trying to make something better than this, I was trying to make something different so we would have a lot of stuff to do. whats the big deal? I never said it was supposed to be like this thread, which it isn't. the eliminator is great, and I had a different idea that I wanted to try as well.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
It's gotta be Mario, man. He'd slug Lucas in the face, grab him before he hit the ground, grab the crosser with his other hand and use both of them to catch Isaac in the biggest, baddest 3-Way Mario Tornado since that episode of FMA where someone called Ed short.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
well thanks a lot. I wasn't trying to make something better than this, I was trying to make something different so we would have a lot of stuff to do. whats the big deal? I never said it was supposed to be like this thread, which it isn't. the eliminator is great, and I had a different idea that I wanted to try as well.
Well, no offense, but I really don't see the difference between your game, and putting all the characters into one giant poll and having everyone vote that way. Besides, it just seems like a knock off of the character battle that took place on Gamefaqs, whereas I put a lot of work and effort to create a deep, suspenseful, strategy filled game home to SWF, which many are already enjoying. :\

Also, Eliminator is probably going to finish up before the end of this week, couldn't you have waited until then to start your game, instead of on the very next day that a Smashboards forum game decided to pop up? It just sort of...undermines the importance of "winning" this game that many players have already put their heart and time into, which is probably the only reason I am a little upset...because this game is for them.

I mean no disrespect, though, because I fully understand your true intentions, and it's not something I want to create any more unnecessary negativity over than I already have. Regardless, I'm sure everyone will have fun enjoying both, this is just my personal opinion.

Anyways...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ganondorf has been...

ELIMINATED

Round 11 is up.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Limit

Smash Apprentice
It's not too late to vote, right? I vote Mr. Game & Watch.
Nope you're just in time, Round 11 has already begun.

[Note: I will currently be here updating the standings for about 2 hours, then I will be back later tonight for more of the action.]

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I shall wait to see who goes through. :p

EDIT:

Current Standings: Round 11

Remaining
Ashley
Black Knight
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Claus
Falco
Geno
Isaac
King K. Rool
Krystal
Lucario
Luigi
Mega Man
Mewtwo
Micaiah
Midna
Ridley
Wolf O'Donnell

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Let's hope nothing drastic happens this round like last time...poor Ganondorf. This Round is mainly catering towards those who don't normally visit the forums late night.

Current Standings: Round 11 (as of this post)

Remaining
Ashley
Black Knight
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Claus
Falco
Isaac
King K. Rool
Krystal
Lucario
Luigi
Mega Man
Mewtwo
Micaiah
Midna
Ridley
Wolf O'Donnell

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
You should've at least waited for Limit's game to end, c'mon, it's obvious your trying to steal his thunder.
why would I want to "steal his thunder"? this is a message board...you don't have to post here if you don't like it. This isn't a contest to see who can make the best thread, I got an idea and I posted it. If you like limit's better, great, just dont complain here. sorry if anyone else is pissed, I dont see why, just play whatever game you want.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Well, no offense, but I really don't see the difference between your game, and putting all the characters into one giant poll and having everyone vote that way. Besides, it just seems like a knock off of the character battle that took place on Gamefaqs, whereas I put a lot of work and effort to create a deep, suspenseful, strategy filled game home to SWF, which many are already enjoying. :\

Also, Eliminator is probably going to finish up before the end of this week, couldn't you have waited until then to start your game, instead of on the very next day that a Smashboards forum game decided to pop up? It just sort of...undermines the importance of "winning" this game that many players have already put their heart and time into, which is probably the only reason I am a little upset...because this game is for them.

I mean no disrespect, though, because I fully understand your true intentions, and it's not something I want to create any more unnecessary negativity over than I already have. Regardless, I'm sure everyone will have fun enjoying both, this is just my personal opinion.

Anyways...

Ganondorf has been...

ELIMINATED

Round 11 is up.

see yours is very creative, and would actually be considered a game. I also put a lot of work into mine, but mine isn't really a game...its just a fun poll to vote in and see which character wins. sorry if it seems like i ripped you off, but I dont visit here very often and I figured your game had been going for a while, and I thought it was cool and wanted create a different thing. I hope people enjoy both though

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Can you two please stop argueing about this? :(

Neither of you own the copyright of games like this so stop arguing about things like who should or shouldn't be doing this because both of you can do it.

I could make one too and It would be perfectly ok for me to do so because there isn't a law against it.

actually both of your games are extremly different so I don't see why you need to act so Immature about it :(.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
People please stop acting so Immature. We all have a right to make one of these games if we want to!

I see nothing similar between this game and Limit's game! If this is the case, then Limit's and flying shooster's games must be rip offs of Sakurai's poll or the Brawl Pokemon poll. But they aren't.....they're all polls in the end.

It's a different game! This one is like a league, the other one is an elimination game. Please actually look at the game itself before shouting it's a copy.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
People please stop acting so Immature. We all have a right to make one of these games if we want to!

I see nothing similar between this game and Limit's game! If this is the case, then Limit's and flying shooster's games must be rip offs of Sakurai's poll or the Brawl Pokemon poll. But they aren't.....they're all polls in the end.
Any reason why you need to play Devil's Advocate?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What's a devil's advocate?

well whatever it is I'm only trying to get people to be a little more open to a new game and not just call it a copy.

But if you really don't need one, then I can't really be bothered to try and stop people from doing it. I'm finished now.

I just hope you never decide to make one of these games, or you'll find the same reactions

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Can you two please stop argueing about this? :(

Neither of you own the copyright of games like this so stop arguing about things like who should or shouldn't be doing this because both of you can do it.

I could make one too and It would be perfectly ok for me to do so because there isn't a law against it.

actually both of your games are extremly different so I don't see why you need to act so Immature about it :(.
You know, if you actually read what was just posted you'll see that it looks like they already came to mature and good natured understanding, making your comments about maturity unnecessary and invalid.

Also, Someone should vote for Ashley.

If you don't she'll send more kids to hell. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom