• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If this thread gets over 100,000 replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Hey hey now, she ain't the best of choices but she's def better than Tingle. Don't compare them. She could actually turn out to be a nice addition.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hey hey now, she ain't the best of choices but she's def better than Tingle. Don't compare them. She could actually turn out to be a nice addition.
Being a better choice than Tingle doesn't take much, you know. Anyone with a fan base outside of Japan in the double digits of individuals qualifies.

(Yeah, its an exaggeration, but it gets the point across.)

Zevox

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ashley's fanbase before music update: 0
Ashley's fanbase after music update: 300 n00bs and assorted forumites.

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
*Smashboards CHARACTER BATTLE!* [AND THE WINNER IS...]

And the winner is...
MARIO!

And with that, Smashboards Character Battle! Version 1 is complete. It's no surprise that Mario took home the gold, and I believe he truly deserved it.
Thank you to everyone who participated, I hope my game achieved what it was meant to do: to chip away at the time remaining before Brawl, and make it go by a liiittle bit faster. This game will live on in Version 2, but I will not be running it. I'm sure it is in good hands, and I hope that it gets as much enthusiasm as this one did.

I'll be seeing you guys around, its been fun!​

Smashboards Character Battle! Version 2:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131324

LOSER'S CIRCLE

-*-The Loser's Circle is a place dedicated to the memory of the fallen characters throughout the course of the tournament. Although they may no longer be in the running for the Character Battle Championship, they are still extremely popular characters that were unfortunately defeated at the hands of the comptetition. As this list grows, make sure you do everything in your power to keep YOUR character's name off it!-*-

KEY: Veteran = | Newcomer = | Unconfirmed =

ROUND 1 VICTIMS
9Volt
Animal Crossing Villager
Ashley
Balloon Fighter
Black Knight
Black Shadow
Captain Falcon
Captain Olimar
Chibi Robo
Dark Samus
Demiru
Fox
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Lucario
Lucas
Luigi
Marth
Micaiah
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach
Pichu
Pikachu
Ray 01
Roy
Skull Kid
Stafy
Sukapon
Takamaru
Wolf O’Donnell
WW Link
Zero Suit Samus

ROUND 2 VICTIMS

Bomberman
Diddy Kong
Donkey Kong
Falco
Ice Climbers
Ike
King K. Rool
Link
Metaknight
Ness
Pit
Sheik
Snake
Wario
Yoshi
Zelda

ROUND 3: The Sweet 16 VICTIMS

Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Claus
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Megaman
Midna
Samus

ROUND 4: The Elite 8 VICTIMS

Geno
Isaac
Krystal
Pokemon Trainer

ROUND 5: The Final Four VICTIMS

Mewtwo
Ridley

ROUND 6: CHAMPIONSHIP Runner-Up

Sonic

KEY: Veteran = | Newcomer = | Unconfirmed =
______________________________________________________________________________________​

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
Tournament Set-Up/Schedule

I'm posting this to explain exactly how each round will go, so that there's no confusion as to how the tournament is set up.

Round 1: [CLOSED]

64 Characters (Veterans, Newcomers, and the most popular Unconfirmed)
4 conferences
16 divisions, 4 divisions per conference
4 characters per division
Advancement: two characters from each division advance to Round 2, where they will face the top two from the following division. So the winners from division 1 take on those from division 2, and so on.

Round 2: [CLOSED]

32 Characters remaining
4 Conferences
8 divisions, 2 divisions per conference
Advancement: Top two characters from each division advance to Round 3 - The Sweet 16, where they will face the top two from the following division.

Round 3 - The Sweet 16: [CLOSED]

16 Characters remaining
4 conferences
4 divisions, 1 division per conference
Advancement: Top two characters from each division advance to Round 4 - The Elite 8, where they will face each other.

Round 4 - The Elite 8: [CLOSED]

8 Characters remaining
4 Divisions
2 characters per division
Advancement: The two remaining characters from each conference face off against each other. The winner of this round will advance to Round 5 - The Final Four, where they will represent their conference against the following conference. So the winner of the Mushroom Kingdom Conference will battle the winner of the Hyrule Conference, and the winner of the Dream Land Conference will battle the winner of the Kanto Conference.

Round 5 - The Final Four: [CLOSED]

4 Characters remaining
2 Divisions
2 characters per division
Advancement: Mushroom Kingdom Conference winner VS. Hyrule Conference winner.
Dream Land Conference winner VS. Kanto Conference winner.
The two characters that win will advance to the Championship!

The Championship: [CLOSED]

2 Characters
1 day of voting
Winner will be crowned the victor of Smashboards CHARACTER BATTLE! V.1 at 12 a.m. on December 18th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Isaac.

(Psh, schoolwork? I'm putting off my Composition final right now, and it's 1:15 in the morning of the day it's due. XD)

FlyinG ShoosteR

Smash Apprentice
i just listed all the newcomers, veterans, and most popular unconfirmed characters. then I randomly picked them, making sure the confirmed players and unconfirmed were evenly spread out, and that very popular characters weren't grouped together. I also tried to keep characters from the same franchise apart, although I couldn't do that perfectly. I tried my best to make a fair bracket. :) bed time, I'll update tomorrow night!

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Ashley's fanbase before music update: 0
Ashley's fanbase after music update: 300 n00bs and assorted forumites.
I admit the amount of people who supported her for Brawl increased with her music update, yes, because she was never really considered for Brawl at all by almost the entire Smash community.

When her music update occurred, people thought "Hey, what if she was a playable character?" they liked that idea and thus a fan base for Ashley rose up. I myself liked the idea of a witch character in Brawl, so I became supporter of her.

Anyway, back on topic. I can't wait to see who actually wins this thing. I have big feeling it's going to be Geno or Ridley though.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
good point i like both... to tell you the truth all i want is Claus, Ashley, Captain Falcon or my fave King K. Rool to win (With WW Link and AC Villager but they died). For the last elimination round Limit should choose between the 2 since he made this

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
good point i like both... to tell you the truth all i want is Claus, Ashley, Captain Falcon or my fave King K. Rool to win (With WW Link and AC Villager but they died). For the last elimination round Limit should choose between the 2 since he made this
I think that would be kind of unfair.

Maybe he will hold some sort of vote tallying towards the end. The one to receive the least amount is eliminated.

Once we get to last rounds it will just become a race as to who can get their character saved first.

lethminite

Smash Apprentice
i just listed all the newcomers, veterans, and most popular unconfirmed characters. then I randomly picked them, making sure the confirmed players and unconfirmed were evenly spread out, and that very popular characters weren't grouped together. I also tried to keep characters from the same franchise apart, although I couldn't do that perfectly. I tried my best to make a fair bracket. :) bed time, I'll update tomorrow night!
ok, it's just 9 looks packed, i'd vote for 3 of the 4, and i know the 4th has a huge fan base too.
i don't know how i would fix it, or if everyone's tastes has a division like that, and it's just chance that i see that one as mine.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
Why is Link and Marth in the same division?

Anyway, I vote for Mario. The first division is quite bad, considering I don't even like Mario in Smash...

I assume some will advance from round one? How many?

Edit: I also think that one day is a little too little for voting...

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be an outcast but Aimal Crossing Villager, will own, with his R rated gore attacks. Including eating your enemy (Like a berry from a tree) and spitting the brains at another. Or firing a grenades in enemys eyes.:lick: And oh running around with an axe like a homicidal maniac and hacking people to peaces:psycho:, and then berrying them with a shovel. Oh and wait we could hook someonbes nose to the hooking line and cast in, whilst the nose slowly breaks off.:chuckle:

What:confused:

Sakurai wanted the character to use alot of the items in the game:cool:

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Umm it would be cool after the vote or whatever is done that you rank (in each round) 1st to last, because id like to see who is at the bottom that i like, also this is full n00b but where the hell is Kanto. Sorry but this is kinda copy of the Eliminator.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
*Smashboards CHARACTER BATTLE!* is such a freakin rip off of this, and it aint any good, compared to this... its alright. Yes but Dragonblood, Limit hasn't voted at all so he should deserve it but the other option could work but we know then one character will shoot right up ahead.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I think its good. Props to you topic creator =).

I vote for Mario.

Also the person who said one day is to long for voting should shut it. You must realise the topic creator has a life and is unable to be on 24/7. Cut him some slack.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
I think its good. Props to you topic creator =).

I vote for Mario.

Also the person who said one day is to long for voting should shut it. You must realise the topic creator has a life and is unable to be on 24/7. Cut him some slack.
It was I who said that. Well, it depends on how many who votes. I mean if, say, five people vote, this will not be an honest competition...

Not to be rude, but I don't know him having a life has anything to do with this actually. If every division would last a couple of days, then it's just for him to be online every second day and count the votes, right?

Edit: oh, and I said short, one day's too short for voting or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom