• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there were were a Deluxe version of Ultimate that capped at 100 fighters, who would you add?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
We saw in the final Smash direct that there were a total of 89 fighters. It's an amazing achievement in of itself.

But man, I'm already thinking about the future, and it's got me to think about a potential deluxe version, even though it's not gonna happen anytime soon. So I wanted make this thread.

If there were 100 fighters in the deluxe version, which 11 newcomers would you personally add? You can think wishlisty, realistically, or maybe both. I just wanna see who'd you add.

My personal list:
1. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
2. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
3. New Pokemon from Future Generation
4. Hanafuda
5. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
6. Hunter (Monster Hunter)
7. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
8. Layton (Professor Layton)
9. Frogger (Frogger)
10. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
11. Master Chief (Halo)

At least for me these are the remaining Nintendo all-stars and third-party Smash would need to cap off all of Nintendo well and most iconic third-party franchises of Japanese gaming as a whole. If I could squeeze in more, I would've put Estelle from Trails and Reimu from Touhou too. Maybe a Dark Souls character too. :cyclops:

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
New Pokemon from Future Generation
Gen 3 / 5?

I think the problem is if it's another expansion / DX, it would have to focus further on the 3rd party franchsies to cater to the DLC sales. So the much demanded first party reps like Dixie, Waluigi and Ashley would have a better shot in a regular new game.

Anyway:

Mario05.jpg

Lip / Panel de Pon
Matthew / Golden Sun
Andy / Advanced Wars
Tibby / Rhythm Heaven
Black Swan / Style Savvy
RF Trainee / Ring Fit Adventure

Rayman
Altair / Assassin's Creed
Hayabusa / Ninja Gaiden
Diablo
Lara Croft / Tomb Raider

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
Ring Fit Adventurer
Waluigi
Impa
Bandana Dee
Isaac
Crash Bandicoot
Doom Slayer
Bomberman
Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
Dante
Sol Badguy

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. Elma
2. Octoling (Inkling Echo OR Unique) note this is of the Octo Expansion version, not the Enemy variant who got a Mii Hat
3. Violet (Joker Echo)
4. Neku Sakuraba
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Reimu Hakurei
7. League of Legends character (most likely Ahri, Miss Fortune, Lux or Jinx)
8. Crash Bandicoot
9. Officer Howard, if the system can handle them. If not, Rillaboom or even Decidueye, or an Advance Wars character
10. Chorus Kids, if the system can handle them. If not, Dixie Kong
11. KOS-MOS

Honorable mentions that didn’t make the top 11: Traveler (Genshin Impact), Bandana Dee, T-elos (KOS-MOS echo), Black Shadow, Ryza, Ashley, Arle Nadja, Master Chief, Wraith (Apex Legends), Estelle Bright, Impa, Kyo Kusanagi, Jin Kazama (Ken-style Kazuya echo)

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I want to represent basically everything that gaming has to offer and not just stuff it with my pet picks. So the final 11 of my choice would have to be very distinct from each other.

1. Arle, putting SEGA at 4 characters, adding a puzzle character long overdue (and I also get at least one pet pick)
  2. Phoenix Wright, putting Capcom at 4 characters, adding the first visual novel character
  3. Heavy, a full-blown first person shooter character
  4. Red from Angry Birds. Not representing mobile games at this point is a bald-faced lie for gaming and who better than the beginning of mobile gaming life?
  5. Waluigi, him and the four below are tying up loose fan-requested first party ends.
  6. Isaac
  7. Bandana Waddle Dee
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Toxtricity, while a Pokemon getting ignored seems weird I'm more than happy to assume the final one would break the mold a bit and be a post-launch breakout rather than a manufactured star hitter.
  10. The last two are effectively a pair because, hey, ya might as well throw in Goku & SpongeBob at this point. If, say, that doesn't fly with the Big N then my backup plans are probably something along the lines of Ahri, Jonesy, CJ or Frisk.
These aren't necessarily who I want, but they are I think the characters that would be the most significant additions to the roster and pave over the missing cracks, or please the widest variety of people.

If I CAN just stuff it with my pet picks...
  1. Arle
  2. Crash
  3. Paper Mario
  4. Lloyd Irving
  5. Frisk
  6. Henry Stickmin
  7. Spy
  8. Gooey
  9. CJ
  10. GingerBrave (not for me, but for a friend)
  11. Amaterasu

Waluigi99

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5516-0014-8137
1. Waluigi
2. Master Chief
3. Spy (TF2)
4. Dr. Eggman
5. Tamamo no mae (Fate)
6. Bandanna Dee or Daroach (I think that's how you spell it)
7. Shantae
8. Amaterasu (Okami)
9. Skull Kid
10. Green Knight (Castle Crashers)
11. Kabutops, Sceptile, Fenikin, or Sableye

Waluigi and Master Chief in my opinion run away with the gold by a long shot.

Oddball

Smash Lord
In no particular order....

1. Captain N: the Game Master
  2. Toad
  3. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)
  4. Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
  5. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
  6. Mach Rider
  7. Urban Champion
  8. Ganon (the big blue pig version)
  9. Style Savy Shop Keeper
  10. Elite Beat Agents
  11. Impa (preferrably the Hyrule Warriors version)

If you ask me later, the list might change slightly, but that's more or less it.
That list is ALL Nintendo. That seems off somehow...

Let give give a quick honorable mention to a few third parties then

1. Crono
2. Shantae
3. Billy (and possibly Jimmy) Lee

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I’m going to make this a mix of characters that I would personally like, characters that are highly requested overall, and characters I think would actually be likely;

1.) Phoenix Wright: I firmly believe if ultimate were to get one more third party rep it would be him- he has such close ties to Nintendo, would have a super unique moveset, would represent a gaming genre currently not repped at all (visual novels), and is also one of my most wanted now by far. No brainer imo

2.) Dr Eggman: imo the biggest villain not yet playable in smash. Super iconic, would have a super unique moveset, would finally give Sonic a second character, and happens to be another of my most wanted lol. A definite.

3.) Toxtricity: Not a character I particularly want at all and would likely not make people very excited, but I feel like a new Pokémon would just be likely. By the time a hypothetical ultimate deluxe came out it could be a

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
I wanted Sora since the beginning, I'm just happy right now.

BUUT, if we are allowed to dream, my next two picks would absolutely be Crash Bandicoot (I still think he should have made it in Ultimate) and Dante from DMC.

After those two, if it were for me there would be:
3) Kratos
4) Master Chief
5) Spyro
6) Urbosa
7) (Ps1) Lara Croft
8) Ratchet and Clank
9) Monkey from Ape Escape
10) Marco from Metal Slug
11) CJ from San Andreas (never thought about it before reading this thread I think it would be really cool with cheat codes, jetpack and all sorts of stuff)

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I like to think of Smash as a balance of third and first party. I also always enjoy first party retro characters (Duck Hunt, Mr Game and Watch and ROB are favorites of mine) a lot. They are a nice throwback to the history of video games even if they are no longer relevants. The list below also includes heavily requested picks, some of them which I have little interest in, but hey it's important to share the pleasure to see most wanted making their way in Smash.

90. Dixie Kong = I don't feel like the DK serie is complete in Smash whitout her. I'm also a huge fan of Donkey Kong Country (when a new game Nintendo?)

91. Impa (Age of Calamity or Skyward Sword form) = Would glady take an other zelda rep. She is an important character of the franchise. Her Age of Calamity representation can make a nice moveset.

92. Elma or Lora/Jhin/Haze (working as a trio) = Xenoblade is the rising star of Nintendo so more reprensentation is always cool. Awesome OST in each games.

93. Tales of rep = Not a fan, but super popular among JRPG players and Tales of Symphonia is part of childhood for some.

94. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) = Dark Souls is undoubtly the biggest game of the last decade after Minecraft. Such a big source of inspiration for other games. There is a lot of material for a moveset between weapons, miracles, pyromancy, spells, etc.

95. Phoenix Wright = Ace Attorney has a huge presence on Nintendo's console since the gameboy era. Phoenix is an other "troll pick" perfect for all these nights playing with friends and relatives. So many incredible songs and a lovable cast of characters for a spirit board. I'm in love with Ace Attorney since I discovered it back in 2019 with the trilogy on the Switch.

96. Bandana Waddle Dee = I don't like the kirby IP, but just like Donkey Kong franchise, Kirby's serie can take a fourth character to feel complete. Huge popularity.

97. Ayumi tachinaba = A retro pick and a monument of Nintendo history. Not sure about the moveset tho.

98. Crash Bandicoot = Not a Crash fan at all, but being able to see Crash fight against Mario and Sonic is a dream for a lot of people that would bring back the nostalgia from the 90s. Just for that I say yes please.

99. Paper Mario = Fun moveset in perspective. lovely design, popular, etc.

100. Monster Hunter = Massive success in Japan and now around the world. Great possibilities for a moveset. A lot of great songs. In love with the IP since Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Honorable mentions= Lara Croft, Rayman, Jill Valentine, Nakoruru, Isaac (Golden Sun), Ring Fit trainee, Rythm Heaven rep, Chun-Li, The Knight (Hollow Knight), Sly Cooper (Cause why not?), Kefka, Aerith, Excited Biker.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
complete in Smash whitout her
Yeah but to be fair it will never be. There are probably over 10 Toad-tier characters in Nintendo allstars so that 100 is not even enough.

As mentioned above if Ultimate DX exist, it would need to cater to create an even bigger crossover so that it wouldn't be the proper timing for new additions to current series (looking at the reception for Plant Piranha and Byleth). Which is why I think a reboot game would provide a better chance to avoid negative feedbacks.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
1.- Soma Cruz
2.- MMZ Zero
3.- Ryu Hayabusa
4.- Crash Bandicoot
5.- Master Chief
6.- Morrigan Aensland
7.- Arcueid Brunestud
8.- Leon S. Kennedy
9.- Sol Badguy
10.- Akira Yuki
11.- Neku Sakuraba

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If we do 11 fighters...
1) Crash
2) Kratos
3) Doom Slayer
4) CJ
5) Diablo
6) Gordon Freeman
7) Red from Angry Birds
8) Henry Stickmin
9) Lara Croft
10) Waluigi
11) Master Chief

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fighter 90 - Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Fighter 91 - Poochy (Yoshi)
Fighter 92 - Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Fighter 93 - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Fighter 94 - Shake King (Wario Land)
Fighter 95 - Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Fighter 96 - Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
Fighter 97 - Creature (E.V.O.: Search for Eden)
Fighter 98 - Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Fighter 99 - Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club)
Fighter 100 - Space Invaders (Space Invaders)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
I’ll start with my two most wanteds that didn’t make the cut, and then add a few popular picks and then a few characters are less requested, but feel reasonable.
1. Tidus (FF)
2. Isaac (Golden Sun)
3. Waluigi (Mario)
4. Eggman (Sonic)
5. Bomberman
6. Master Chief (Halo)
7. Rayman
8. Toad (Mario)
9. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
10. Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventurer)
11. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
My picks would be:
1. Lloyd Irving (Tales)
2. Tails (Sonic)
3. Eggman (Sonic)
4. Dante (DMC)
5. Doomslayer (Doom)
6. Reimu (Touhou)
7. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
8. Isaac (Golden Sun)
9: Rayman (Rayman)
10: Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime)
11: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

At this point I am pretty satisfied with Ultimate's Roster. My most wanted character was :ultsteve: and he got in. The only character I want now is Lloyd but if I got him I would be pretty happy and I would achieved Smash Nirvana. The only thing that could top Steve for me is Superman but Superman will never happen.

My Picks would be:
1. Crash
2. Kratos
3. Master Chief
4. Dr. Eggman
5. Waluigi
6. Rillaboom
7. Doomslayer
8. Isaac (Golden Sun)
9. Rayman
10. Castle Crasher
11. ExciteBiker

If we Included new AT Assists:
1. Mipha
2. Nia (Xenoblade)
3. Donbe and Hikari
4. Commander and Tank (X/Space Tank)
5. Edelgard
6. Leon (Pokemon)
7. Space Invaders
8. Big the Cat
9. Alien Hominid
10. Conker
11. Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
1. Mach Rider
2. Takamaru - Murasame Castle
3. Mike Jones - StarTropics
4. Tin Star
5. Wonder Red - W101
6. Sami - Advance Wars
7. Barbara the Bat - Jam with the Band
8. F-Type - Stunt Race Fx
9. Akira Howard & Legion - Astral Chain
10. Rash - Battletoads
11. Mallo - Pushmo

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Are we going based by the amount of characters, counting Echos? If yes, based on those who didn't make the roster or wasn't reconfirmed...

1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Dixie Kong
3. Impa
4. Andy or Sami
5. Sceptile or Grovyle
6. Tails
7. Bandanna Dee
8. Chun-Li
9. Lloyd Irving
10. Ryu Hayabusa
11. Ring Fit Trainer

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Isaac (with Felix as Echo Fighter)
4. Monster Hunter
5. Knuckles (Tails would be cool and fitting too)
6. Tom Nook
7. Bandana Dee
8. Amaterasu
9. Toad (Captain Toad is cool too)
10. Cranky Kong
11. Takamaru

Kaliskonig91

Smash Rookie
  1. Bomberman
  2. Reiji Arisu (Namco x Capcom, Endless Frontier, Project x Zone)
  3. Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
  4. Kunio (River City)
  5. Hornet (Hollow Knight series)
  6. Goku (yuyuki)
  7. Paper Mario
  8. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
  9. Crash Bandicoot
  10. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  11. Aether / Lumine (Genshin Impact)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Mix of wishlist and prediction. Bold is for wishlist.
  1. Waluigi
  2. Geno
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Decidueye
  5. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure)
  6. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  7. Isaac
  8. Dr. Eggman
  9. Phoenix Wright
  10. Rayman
  11. Master Chief
I think I have most bases covered, and there's a pretty good balance of first and third-party characters.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
  1. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  2. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  3. King Boo (Luigi's Mansion)
  4. Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  5. Rillaboom (Pokémon)
  6. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
  7. Rayman (Rayman)
  8. Toad (Mario)
  9. Master Chief (Halo)
  10. Space Invaders (Space Invaders)
  11. Excitebiker (Excitebike)

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Rayman
4. Crash
5. Bandana Dee
6. Master Chief
7. Doomguy
8. Dragonborn
9. Bomberman
10. Waluigi
11. Monster Hunter

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If Ultimate Deluxe can dip into assist trophies, being that it would technically be a new game:
  1. Rayman
  2. Lip
  3. Takamaru
  4. Mike Jones
  5. Krystal
  6. Ashley
  7. Dixie Kong
  8. Isaac
  9. Crash
  10. Doom Slayer
  11. Lloyd
If assists are still dead:
  1. Rayman
  2. Lip
  3. Mike Jones
  4. Dixie Kong
  5. Cash Banooka
  6. Doom Slayer
  7. Lloyd
  8. Ryu Hayabusa
  9. Dante
  10. Ezio
  11. Eggman
I honestly just want Rayman so I mostly just threw in a bunch of popular requests that got the short end of the stick.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if Mii costumes can be promoted in this case, but assuming that they can...

90. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
91. Dante (Devil May Cry)
92. Doomguy (DOOM)
93. Impa (The Legend of Zelda - specifically, the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity version)
94. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
95. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
96. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
97. Rayman (Rayman)
98. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
99. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
100. Master Chief (Halo)

Geno, Dante, Doomguy, and Travis are partially bias on my part (they're all characters that I wanted in), but they're all popular characters who became Mii costumes, so if Mii costume promotions are on the table, I could see them making it in. (the other standouts for Mii costume promotions, at least in my eyes, are the indie characters - it's a bit of a shame that I couldn't manage to fit any in here, but hopefully Fraymakers will help scratch that particular itch)

Zelda seems long overdue for a character (it's been TWENTY YEARS), and Impa (specifically the Age of Calamity version) seems like a good combination of popular, recent, and a long-lasting character in the Zelda series. Bandanna Waddle Dee and Dixie Kong seem like the last "core" members of their casts that are missing - I realize that Bandanna Dee's importance is debatable, but he's consistently treated like the player 4 or even the player 2 of the Kirby cast, with some games (like Kirby Fighters 2) making him Kirby's co-op partner.

It seems really weird that Ubisoft and Koei-Tecmo haven't gotten any playable characters yet, with Rayman and Ryu Hayabusa seeming to stand out among what those companies have to offer. As for Master Chief and Crash, they're big show-stopper reveals - maybe not on par with Sora, but at least on par with Cloud.

If Mii costumes can't be promoted...

90. Porky (Earthbound)
91. Impa (Zelda - Age of Calamity)
92. Dixie Kong (DKC)
93. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
94. Captain Toad (Mario)
95. Rayman (Rayman)
96. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
97. 2B (Nier Automata)
98. Amaterasu (Okami)
100. Master Chief (Halo)

Last edited:

Alsorash

Smash Cadet
Not sure if Mii costumes can be promoted in this case, but assuming that they can...

90. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
91. Dante (Devil May Cry)
92. Doomguy (DOOM)
93. Impa (The Legend of Zelda - specifically, the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity version)
94. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
95. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
96. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
97. Rayman (Rayman)
98. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
100. Master Chief (Halo)
You know what, your roster is perfectly balanced and hype af, I can only hope if there is a Deluxe release they take some notes from this list!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know what, your roster is perfectly balanced and hype af, I can only hope if there is a Deluxe release they take some notes from this list!
Thanks! I thought I could have included more first party characters, but I got to the end and felt like Rayman and Travis Touchdown should be in there.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Reiji Arisu (NamcoXCapcom)
3. Cybuster (Super Robot Wars)
4. Isaac (Golden Sun)
5. Nate Adams (Yokai Watch)
6. Elma (Xenoblade X)
7. Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
8. Neku Sakuraba (The World ends with you)
9. Obligatory New Pokemon
10. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
11. Any newer Nintendo character lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom