• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If (insert person) were a food, NOT Pokemon...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Boredom. Why care if I don't care? Better yet, why should I care that you don't care that I am a quarter Spanish when I don't even care that you care about anything careful about me?

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
The only bacon around here goes by the name of Zero Beat. Why? Well that's because lol bacon.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This better be the best 4 seconds ever commonyosh... (actually digimon is like 1 64th of what pokemon is so... it's okay I don't mind the wait)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
This doesn't work that way. Watch it for yourself, and if you've nothing to do, watch the episode as it loads. (This is one of the blander ones) Anticipation makes it all the more better.

Deodorant is for sissies.

On topic:

I want to be on top. Lollipop.

Edit: Carp, I didn't mean for it to rhyme.
<3, I was about to -rep you for that Digimon remark.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hey... big 1/64th of pokemon is tough. Who wants to be partners with one monster (and have a storyline the compound on previous episodes) when you can own "them all". (With the best comedy trio a japanese cartoon has ever seen, a... you know... successful game serise, and the over 400+ episodes) 1/1000th of pokemon is something to be proud of.)

Err... I'm kinda serious.

Also 11:16 - 11:20 = "strip poker"

Dibs

Smash Lord
Kenny, No one wants to eat you really.... unless... ya know, you're into salads and stuff.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
hey... big 1/64th of pokemon is tough. Who wants to be partners with one monster (and have a storyline the compound on previous episodes) when you can own "them all". (With the best comedy trio a japanese cartoon has ever seen, a... you know... successful game serise, and the over 400+ episodes) 1/1000th of pokemon is something to be proud of.)

Err... I'm kinda serious.

Also 11:16 - 11:20 = "strip poker"
Mario is better. Isn't that what really matters?

Dibs, want to help me toss a salad?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Agh! Amount of sales mean nothing. All it prooves is... um... nothing!

Digimon! RAWWR!
PS: I -repped you, but you can do the same to me if you wish. I was only joking.:p

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Digimon can talk. Nuff said.

Then again... that kind of counts against them. I don't want to know what they are thinking I just want a slave I can carry in a ball and act like it has equal rights.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I've read the basic over view of the show on wikipedia (because i've never heard of it)
And while normally I'm not one to judge without have experinced I must say on concept alone pokemon is higher up on my personal list.

Hmm...

You know what I found!

(this show is so un popular it doesn't have a single fan site... here or in japan...)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Agh! Amount of sales mean nothing. All it prooves is... um... nothing!

Digimon! RAWWR!
PS: I -repped you, but you can do the same to me if you wish. I was only joking.:p
Haven't you heard of rep-induced heart attacks!!! (yep... this warents not one, but three exclamation points.) luckily... I've had my "I don't care" shots.
*I kid as well yosh, I kid as well*

On a more "pokemon rip off anime" topic. All of these you are talking about only came out (or in digimon's case was reborn out of "forgotten land") thanks soley to pokemon's existence.
Fact is if pokemon didn't come out... you guys wouldn't even know what digimon were. (too young to remember according to birthdays (which I'm too lazy to check))

Summed up: Pokemon made the "cute little partner" anime/game popular.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
At Kenny's post before the above one: I think he was talking about Rozen Maiden, not Digimon.

I searched it on Yahoo and there was a French or German fan site. The site had music on it, and it scrared the heck out of me when it started playing. (it's dark and I'm alone; speakers turned all the way up)

I almost loled when I read the Wikipedia entree. A competition to find "a girl of supreme beauty that lives inside of 'Father'". A bit backwards, I know, but it still made me laugh.

I've been spending too much time in the Proom to start thinking like that. :/

Metà

Smash Master
I've read the basic over view of the show on wikipedia (because i've never heard of it)
And while normally I'm not one to judge without have experinced I must say on concept alone pokemon is higher up on my personal list.

Hmm...

You know what I found!

(this show is so un popular it doesn't have a single fan site... here or in japan...)
It totally does have a fan site. It's called 4chan /b/.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Holy cow. The Pokemon games did come first.

Pokemon game-1996
Digimon game-1997 (Doesn't mean it copied. The dates were pretty close together)

Pokemon show-1997
Digimon show-1999 (Copied:()

Darn you, <3. Darn you good. I would have died a lot happier not knowing that.

Edit: No 4chan!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
nah digimon we around before pokemon... tamagachi for boys if you will.

EDIT: SIKE!
nah they apparently have coping other products success from the get go... not that there anything wrong with that...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/blog/index.php/2006/12/27/pokemon-diamondpearl-breaks-5000000-barrier/

so... yeah <.<
110,000,000 copies of pokemon games sold and counting (give or take a mill or two).
Now Mario is amazing (way better than pokemon) but... at 3 dollars a game pokemon would still beat out. That probablly isn't the case though... I'm purty sure the mario serise has earned way more than that...

BUT that doesn't change the fact that pokemon is one of the best selling series out there, period. It (like... every nintendo series) has changed the way games are made and marketed.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Wikipedia states that as a franchise, Mario has sold about 193 million copies for first place. Pokemon comes in at second with 155 million copies, and Final Fantasy comes in at a distant third at 68 million total copies sold.

Sadly, Digimon was not on the charts.

Top Bottom