• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If everyone complaining about Withdraw/AJ could just shut up and learn how to actually play Squirtle

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I tried to make a constructive discussion on new AJ and no one seemed interested D:
People are too busy complaining about how he's ruined. :/

Also because none of us who actually play Squirtle want to deal with all these people, so we're ignoring the boards as usual since all our stuff happens in the Squad hangout. If you want to join and start learning legit stuff drop your email in the thread and someone will get around to adding it.

NatsSmash

Smash Rookie

Also because none of us who actually play Squirtle want to deal with all these people, so we're ignoring the boards as usual since all our stuff happens in the Squad hangout. If you want to join and start learning legit stuff drop your email in the thread and someone will get around to adding it.
I'm actually pretty new to PM itself. Would like some help :)
nathanielavila3a@gmail.com

Last edited:

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet

Yo I threw my name out like a month ago and still no add. harpercsam@gmail.com

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
I'd like some help learning new squirtle also.
Been playing PM for a while, only just starting to get proficient with wave dashes. I'd love all the help I can get.

Scatz

Smash Champion

Had messed around with Squirtle in 3.02, but never got the chance to get serious with him. Feel free to add: rbm1golf@gmail.com

KrymsonSkyz

Smash Apprentice
You're not very smart are you, what did you plan on accomplishing with this thread?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You're not very smart are you, what did you plan on accomplishing with this thread?
Three players put out emails for the chat because they want to actually learn the character, purpose was accomplished with the firsr you tool.

didds

Smash Lord
also made a statement, basically saying, "If you are complaining about withdraw, then it shows that you had a shallow understanding of Squirtle, and should learn his other options because he is still excellent."

Perhaps an aggressive way to go about doing it, but I guarantee most good squirtle's agree that the withdraw nerf wasn't that bad and overall a healthy decision for the character.

BTW, withdraw as an aerial finisher now? The Dankness

didds

Smash Lord
Yeah the AJ pop works more like jiggly rest now.
Its not bad at all, but I personally liked the old AJ better.
I preferred it overall due to recovery and all, but I don't mind considering the recovery nerfs across the board, and it will help with killing floaties a bit.

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
I preferred it overall due to recovery and all, but I don't mind considering the recovery nerfs across the board, and it will help with killing floaties a bit.
From the lab I noticed that without DI or resistence it killed kirby at 76% and fox at 102%.
Its not bad at all, you just gotta learn how to combo into it.
And remember not to use it after a double jump in the wrong direction.

didds

Smash Lord
From the lab I noticed that without DI or resistence it killed kirby at 76% and fox at 102%.
Its not bad at all, you just gotta learn how to combo into it.
And remember not to use it after a double jump in the wrong direction.
There seems to be good drifting on the move so I think even off stage you can pop back towards stage, it's just about holding the correct direction as it's coming out.

@ cmart cmart I think you are one of the squirtle developers, is this the case as far as the popout momentum goes?

cmart

Smash Lord
@ didds didds AJ has full aerial mobility, so in most cases you use it you should be able to make it back on stage. Unless you're going for some yolo swag AJ stage bounces under FD or something.

CranberryGod

Smash Rookie

I would also like to join the thing with the stuff. jakemmolina@gmail.com

Life

Smash Hero
I'd like to pick him up and learn a few things.
I would recommend editing out your email address or spelling it "blahblah at someplace dot com" in order to reduce the chances you'll get spam for posting your email on a public forum. (Granted, a good bot could probably parse that, too. Still, use caution.)

EDIT: Goes for everyone in this thread, really. Probably should have looked at more than the last post before saying stuff, but I'll leave this up anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom